Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Sales. Immediately after Captain America: Sam Wilson ended in Secret Empire, they relaunched the book as Falcon. It flopped. Sam needs the Captain America brand.
    The Venn Diagram of people who will be screaming upset that Sam is Captain America again instead of Falcon, and people who conveniently didn't buy the Falcon series when it got relaunched at Secret Empire will be a perfect circle.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Well, both of these will have better writers than TNC imo. It should improve things drastically.
    Not if they are going to take the character in a similar direction, which, based on the summaries, they are gonna do (especially with Steve). It's the general trend of Marvel. Can't say this excited me beyond the big (Mark Brooks?) picture. Let's see.

Peace

Well, both of these will have better writers than TNC imo. It should improve things drastically.
    ^^^I'm really hoping that’s true, I want it to be!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Winter_fury View Post
    Tf are these writers….? Marvel and there mediocrity smh. At least i still have brubaker, remender and spencer’s run.
    I'm not familiar with these guys. What have you read by them that is mediocre?

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    The Venn Diagram of people who will be screaming upset that Sam is Captain America again instead of Falcon, and people who conveniently didn't buy the Falcon series when it got relaunched at Secret Empire will be a perfect circle.
    Those idiots haven't got a leg to stand on. Sam isn't replacing Steve this time.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Not if they are going to take the character in a similar direction, which, based on the summaries, they are gonna do (especially with Steve). It's the general trend of Marvel. Can't say this excited me beyond the big (Mark Brooks?) picture. Let's see.

Peace
    As long as it isn't a pity party for Steve, I think it's okay. Remember, Mark Gruenwald did similar themes with Steve during his legendary run.

Yeah, Steve and Sam are getting a book so it isn't like Steve is going to disappear.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

I'm interested to seeing how the fan reaction goes when Sam and Steve can co-exist without the controversy and heated opinions of everyone having a legacy character and also the stink of Secret Empire..

This basically seems like what people were expecting when Steve got Kobik-ed back into fighting shape and became Captain America again during Spencer's run before the HydraCap twist, and now Steve and Sam are both cooperating and active as Captain America's.

I'm not sure if I see it as sustainable, but with Sam's prominence in the MCU as Cap now (they literally gave him Mackie's goatee now) they probably felt they had to do something to get more Sam as Cap comics out there in-time for Cap 4 with Sam in it. I'm not sure how sustainable this is in the long run, but I guess we'll see how they handle it. I think Timeless teased Steve getting taken out, so I wonder where they'll go from here.

Other disparate thoughts:

- Spencer channeled a lot of Grunewald into his Cap run, and it sounds like Sam's book will be channeling Brubaker as Sam goes out into the world as Captain America and deals with more cloak and dagger, espionage, and government intrigue. Maybe that will work out better for him than trying to solve America's problems internally before he got emotionally beaten into giving up the shield. I guess we really didn't get to see a lot of wider MU characters outside the usual suspects get to react to him being Cap. Hopefully this doesn't get as depressing as when Spencer wrote Sam and Sam can actually win in this book.

- Joaquin is back as Sam's partner since it seems like they are slowly phasing Rayshaun out of existence in order to slowly bring back Eli Bradley, I assume.

- Will Sam be dating Misty again? Did he ever stop?

- I like Kelley and Lanzing's work but...Steve's book sounds a little been there, done that. Like, did Steve forget he used to have a life as Steve Rogers before he was Cap 100% of the time? Haven't we had enough of Steve self-reflecting on America in the last 2-3 runs? Doesn't Steve pretty much know what the world, the Avengers, and his friends need from him right now?

- It is kind of funny that the duo's last major DC book was about a a hero trying to make his city and country better while dating a kick-butt blonde partner...and they might be doing it again, assuming Sharon is in this book. Although it seems like Bucky will be Steve's go-to partner here.

- Shuri is on the teaser illustration...even though she only appeared, like, 2 times in Coates' run.

In the Falcon book, Sam did have both Rayshaun and Joaquin as sidekicks. There was a gag about Joaquin needing a new name because Sam was Falcon again. That went unresolved because the book was cancelled, and both kids joined the Champions, which explains why neither were present in the Falcon and the Winter Soldier book. As the Champions currently don't have a book but do still exist, they can easily say Rayshaun is with them, and Joaquin is with Sam.

Sam and Misty never split up. Misty's just been busy with Ben Reilly.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

In the Falcon book, Sam did have both Rayshaun and Joaquin as sidekicks. There was a gag about Joaquin needing a new name because Sam was Falcon again. That went unresolved because the book was cancelled, and both kids joined the Champions, which explains why neither were present in the Falcon and the Winter Soldier book. As the Champions currently don't have a book but do still exist, they can easily say Rayshaun is with them, and Joaquin is with Sam.

Sam and Misty never split up. Misty's just been busy with Ben Reilly.
    Until I see otherwise, I'm just going to assume Rayshaun's vanished into the nethers of comic book limbo.

Extraordinary Member

There's a Captain America movie coming out with Sam as Cap.
    Because MCU Steve is out of the picture. 616 Steve is doing just fine.

Sales. Immediately after Captain America: Sam Wilson ended in Secret Empire, they relaunched the book as Falcon. It flopped. Sam needs the Captain America brand.

Incidentally, I see Sam will be reunited with Joaquin Torres, his sidekick Falcon. One thing mentioned in the last Falcon book was Joaquin needing a new name because Sam was using that name again. He never did take one and ended up joining the Champions as Falcon.
    Because they wrote a crappy story involving demons and nonsense that has nothing to do with Falcon.

I did buy it...and it was crap.

Very good. I hope both titles last at least a year.

The Steve series sounds like it's set up to be some kind of "nationwide walkabout" for Steve and intrigue happens along the way. I guess we'll see what the outcomes are. I think a lot of people out there still think that "Stevil" was the real Captain America (and of course, "he was" for a good while).

Sam and Joaquin sound fun, especially the international promise.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Very good. I hope both titles last at least a year.

The Steve series sounds like it's set up to be some kind of "nationwide walkabout" for Steve and intrigue happens along the way. I guess we'll see what the outcomes are. I think a lot of people out there still think that "Stevil" was the real Captain America (and of course, "he was" for a good while).

Sam and Joaquin sound fun, especially the international promise.
    Which I see as good...Steve needs to do that every 15 to 20 years (real time) and show how the 'man our of time' interacts with the changing world.

This. I’m so over the argument. It was like that every post in the old threads, then crickets when Sam got his series.

Consider me over the top excited for this though. I feel Sams previous tenure as Cap didn’t do him any justice whatsoever. Particularly with how it ended. I’m so glad they get a chance to revisit it.