Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Is that Warrior Woman in the background? Have they brought her into modern times?
    She was brought into the modern era back in the 90s Namor series. She had been in suspended animation since the late 40s. She was also seen as part of the Axis Mundi in the early 2000s Invaders series.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Is that Warrior Woman in the background? Have they brought her into modern times?
    Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    She was brought into the modern era back in the 90s Namor series. She had been in suspended animation since the late 40s. She was also seen as part of the Axis Mundi in the early 2000s Invaders series.
    And was last seen in United States of Captain America.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

It's great to see Misty Knight. I wonder if they'll recast her for the MCU?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Because MCU Steve is out of the picture. 616 Steve is doing just fine.
    And 616 Steve will be in his own solo so it's not like he's in limbo so where's the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I hope they still have an Sam and her as a couple

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Marvel Comics having to come back with their tails between their legs after seeing Sam becoming Captain America in the MCU is so funny to me. I'm kind of expecting Jane Foster to be next. lol

Spectacular Member

I've always been a supporter of legacy titles being shared by more than one hero at a time, so I'm cool with Steve and Sam sharing the Captain America codename. I love that Peter and Miles are Spider-Man, and I love Logan and Laura are both Wolverine. I agree with Frontier that I don't know how sustainable it can be in a long run, but as long as Sam is Captain America in the MCU I think the comics will keep him as Cap. Even if both titles end up being canceled before Captain America 4, I think Sam will just be featured in his Cap uniform going forward.

With that said, I've always been a huge fan of Bucky as Captain America, and in my heart of hearts, I would love for Marvel to have all three men be Captain America. I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility for Steve, Sam, and Bucky to share the Cap codename, as the United Nations of Captain America has established that there's a network of Caps running around the US.

However, if I don't think two ongoing starring Steve and Sam can be sustainable for the long term then I really don't think Marvel can sustain three main Caps at the same time. Ideally, if it was up to me, I wouldn't mind if Steve took up a permanent position like he did post-Seige, where he became Commander Rogers and had Bucky and Sam be Cap. But I know Marvel will never do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Marvel Comics having to come back with their tails between their legs after seeing Sam becoming Captain America in the MCU is so funny to me. I'm kind of expecting Jane Foster to be next. lol
    I'm sure we're going to have a Jane Foster Thor story being released around the same time as Thor 4, but honestly, I actually like Jane as a Valkyrie right now. I think Marvel could keep her around as Valkyrie, and the films may follow suit, especially if they follow the same story that Jason Aaron wrote.

they should just cast the same actress. Simone Missick is amazing, I love her
    The J-man

Ultimate Member

Because they wrote a crappy story involving demons and nonsense that has nothing to do with Falcon.

The point is when Marvel and DC have tried ANYTHING with guys like Falcon-here comes the greatest gymnastic routines known to MAN to not support them.

We have seen it with Falcon, Iceman, Storm, Jean Gray, Black Bolt, Solo, Ironheart, America, Vison, Scarlett Witch, Sue Storm and so on.

Yeah Sam's run as Cap lasted longer because all folks (mainly Store owners) saw was CAPTAIN AMERICA on the cover. Story be danged. It's Captain America.

Yes you bought the book and didn't like it. At LEAST you tried the book. The main folks who holla why can't Sam be Falcon are the ones who had ZERO interest in buying any book with him and wanted ONLY Steve to be CA.

Including those who NEVER supported Steve Rodgers. They just want Marvel to be how they grew up looking at.

If they could get Charlie Cox back I don’t see why they can’t do the same for Simone Missick.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

That logo on Sam's new shield looks super familiar, but I can't place it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Very good. I hope both titles last at least a year.

The Steve series sounds like it's set up to be some kind of "nationwide walkabout" for Steve and intrigue happens along the way. I guess we'll see what the outcomes are. I think a lot of people out there still think that "Stevil" was the real Captain America (and of course, "he was" for a good while).
    Which I see as good...Steve needs to do that every 15 to 20 years (real time) and show how the 'man our of time' interacts with the changing world.
    Didn't we just have that?
    Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    This. I’m so over the argument. It was like that every post in the old threads, then crickets when Sam got his series.

Consider me over the top excited for this though. I feel Sams previous tenure as Cap didn’t do him any justice whatsoever. Particularly with how it ended. I’m so glad they get a chance to revisit it.
    I definitely expect this is going to be a more traditional, less emotional anguishing, take on Sam as Cap compared to his previous tenure in the identity.
    Quote Originally Posted by transformers03 View Post
    I've always been a supporter of legacy titles being shared by more than one hero at a time, so I'm cool with Steve and Sam sharing the Captain America codename. I love that Peter and Miles are Spider-Man, and I love Logan and Laura are both Wolverine. I agree with Frontier that I don't know how sustainable it can be in a long run, but as long as Sam is Captain America in the MCU I think the comics will keep him as Cap. Even if both titles end up being canceled before Captain America 4, I think Sam will just be featured in his Cap uniform going forward.
    I think it works the more you keep the characters separate and distinct from each other without crossing paths or ending up in the same books too much.

I think Sam will probably benefit from the MCU hype keeping him prominent so he doesn't fade into the background as a Cap, although I could be wrong.
    With that said, I've always been a huge fan of Bucky as Captain America, and in my heart of hearts, I would love for Marvel to have all three men be Captain America. I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility for Steve, Sam, and Bucky to share the Cap codename, as the United Nations of Captain America has established that there's a network of Caps running around the US.

However, if I don't think two ongoing starring Steve and Sam can be sustainable for the long term then I really don't think Marvel can sustain three main Caps at the same time. Ideally, if it was up to me, I wouldn't mind if Steve took up a permanent position like he did post-Seige, where he became Commander Rogers and had Bucky and Sam be Cap. But I know Marvel will never do that.
    I like Bucky as Cap but three main Caps is pushing it in my opinion. Steve in a non-Cap role would always be finite.
    I'm sure we're going to have a Jane Foster Thor story being released around the same time as Thor 4, but honestly, I actually like Jane as a Valkyrie right now. I think Marvel could keep her around as Valkyrie, and the films may follow suit, especially if they follow the same story that Jason Aaron wrote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Yeah, I assume they'll have a story with Jane in her Thor identity around the time the movie comes out but I'm not sure if they'll give her an ongoing again. I feel like that's less easier to work with than, say, having two Caps or Spider-Man's because of how the dynamic between Jane and the actual Thor played out.

Fantastic Member

Disappointed with this. I get the money grubbing for the upcoming film, but I’m tired of introspective Steve. Probably not picking up either of these, which will help save me some $$ and make it easier to jump off Marvel too. DC and that idiotic ‘death’ of the JLA, has sealed their fate. Flash and Diana to #800, then I think I’m done.

I hope they really plan on bringing Viper back since she's one of my favorite villains. I kinda like the group of villains they had for Sam's initial arc as Cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Jely4me View Post
    Disappointed with this. I get the money grubbing for the upcoming film, but I’m tired of introspective Steve. Probably not picking up either of these, which will help save me some $$ and make it easier to jump off Marvel too. DC and that idiotic ‘death’ of the JLA, has sealed their fate. Flash and Diana to #800, then I think I’m done.
    I feel like I would have liked the premise of Steve's better if it actually sounded like something new and relevant and not stuff that was repeated from the past 3-4 runs and doesn't really make sense for his character.

Like they should just let him be a normal Cap doing stuff in New York and not "needing to find Steve Rogers again" because he already knew who Steve Rogers was, although I guess for modern readers it might be different.