Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Titans is due to relaunch anyway, we already know Academy's writer is leaving.

The League doesn't currently have a Lantern at all.
    It’s not like they don’t have a bunch to go around. I mean, th lantern line is overstaurated at this point. And since I’m still warming up to Jessica Cruz, I’d still be more interested in Hal’s reaction to dodging a bullet.

It's news like this that makes me feel justified in reading back issues and manga nowadays. A creatively bankrupt gimmick to kill off some of DC's most recognisable and iconic characters in another 'DC's heroes face an overwhelming unknown dark force' event storyline is just painfully redundant. If DC are using this to push the 5G lineup of heroes, it won't take longer than 6 months for sales to tank harder than they already have been.

Also, Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Martian Manhunter have all 'died' within the last few years, so DC killing them off again is utterly hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    It’s not like they don’t have a bunch to go around. I mean, th lantern line is overstaurated at this point. And since I’m still warming up to Jessica Cruz, I’d still be more interested in Hal’s reaction to dodging a bullet.
    Actually they don't! Hal is fine, John is depowered and currently involved in an ascension plot, Guy and Kyle are missing, Jessica joined the Sinestro Corps, Simon is depowered and using armour. There's only three Green Lanterns left - Jo Mullein, Hal Jordan, and Keli "Teen Lantern" Quintela.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Me: I need more Zatanna!

DC: We're putting her in JL! (so we can kill her).

Quote Originally Posted by Zee_Fan View Post

lol Yeah I thought Zatanna was an odd choice that just came out of nowhere. Let's put her in just to "kill" her off.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Initially, I planned to drop justice league because of this, but I am intrigued by the newer heroes and how they react to all of this. I think that Superman on war world would be more shocking to Jon than him dying after this. And the green lantern hierarchy has really been shaken up if john’s the major hero that dies and Hal’s still around.
    I think this is just indicative of the fact that John was the featured Lantern in this JL run. In perspective he's really been the only GL majorly featured in it, wouldn't make much sense if any other GL was part of the last issue of that same run.

She could be the survivor

I had such high hopes for Infinite Frontier when it started, and the initial mini involved people like Alan Scott and Roy Harper.

Oh, how naive I was.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Wait a minute, third act of Infinite Frontier, Dark Army, supposed death.... I think I've figured out where the League went already and what's happened to them. It's Pariah.

Okay so some context for those who haven't been reading, at the end of Infinite Frontier Barry goes beyond the known Multiverse and runs into Pariah and the dead remains of Multiverse-2 which died in the first Crisis but has been fed upon by the Gentry/The Empty Hand. But then Pariah disintegrated Barry and remade him on a picturesque world designated Earth.Flash.1.

That's where the league will be, captured by Pariah and put in their own perfect earths but made to look like they died. I'm confident in this.

"It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Actually they don't! Hal is fine, John is depowered and currently involved in an ascension plot, Guy and Kyle are missing, Jessica joined the Sinestro Corps, Simon is depowered and using armour. There's only three Green Lanterns left - Jo Mullein, Hal Jordan, and Keli "Teen Lantern" Quintela.
    Two of whom, I don’t know. Not that I care, but Are the other lanterns coming back for this?

And she's still wearing the JLD costume.

I had the same reaction to artists not getting the memo that Aquaman isn't shirtless anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Wait a minute, third act of Infinite Frontier, Dark Army, supposed death.... I think I've figured out where the League went already and what's happened to them. It's Pariah.

Okay so some context for those who haven't been reading, at the end of Infinite Frontier Barry goes beyond the known Multiverse and runs into Pariah and the dead remains of Multiverse-2 which died in the first Crisis but has been fed upon by the Gentry/The Empty Hand. But then Pariah disintegrated Barry and remade him on a picturesque world designated Earth.Flash.1.

That's where the league will be, captured by Pariah and put in their own perfect earths but made to look like they died. I'm confident in this.

I wonder if their solo books will reflect this.

Seeing the title, my first thought was that Death of the Endless was joining the Justice League.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    If they’re “dead” for more than 6 months, I’ll be shocked.
    However long, there's no question about them coming back soon enough.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    She could be the survivor
    Judging from the third picture Holt sent which there is not Zatanna (CMIIW), she could be the survivor, maybe pulling a trick like at the end of new 52 JLD.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    What's really the purpose of "killing" Hal at this point. Is there anyone in the DCU who has died more than him, Morrison even joked about it in their run when Hal dies and then his spectre immediately goes "Dead again?" If even the character himself doesn't take his deaths seriously, why would the readers.
    How many time Hal has died? I think Bruce parents and Giovanni Zatara could be contenders against him xd

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    So we finally get the perfect Justice League lineup, seriously look how amazing that lineup is(!), and they kill them off in one issue. Lol oh well the story sounds interesting and I’m curious where it’ll go! Consider me intrigued, just wish we could get a book with that lineup
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!