Page 30 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Looks like Williamson's event will be called Dark Crisis: https://www.gamesradar.com/dc-dark-c...tent=newsarama

Oof, I thought DC were done with Crisis level events after Snyder milked the hell out of them in his Metal events but I guess we're back to the drawing board.

Continuity-wise, there's no point to get excited about anything this company does anymore. Whenever they ran out of ideas the first thing that always comes to mind is "Let's just $%^& with the timeline again, that will somehow give us more freedom to tell more exciting stories now". It's sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    Looks like Williamson's event will be called Dark Crisis: https://www.gamesradar.com/dc-dark-c...tent=newsarama

Oof, I thought DC were done with Crisis level events after Snyder milked the hell out of them in his Metal events but I guess we're back to the drawing board.
    Considering the huge shift in leadership and the subsequent shift away from the changes Metal was supposed to cause, it was to be expected another Crisis would come quite soon. I just thought they'd at least wait until 2023.

Dark Crisis as a name sounds really uninspired. There is no grandeur whatsoever.

I just learned the Metal events were almost called Dark Crisis, so I guess this makes Williamson's Crisis Metal III or rather Dark Death Metal.
    Last edited by Avi; 02-08-2022 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    . . . Dark Crisis as a name sounds really uninspired. There is no grandeur whatsoever . . .
    It also makes all of its predecessors sound like they were Bright and Happy Crises . . .

I’m fine with another Crisis but “Dark Crisis” as a title is very uninspired.

You thought DC was done with events? How? They were always going to do another one.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

So what you're saying is that they are, guaranteed, for sure, going back to the pre-Crisis universe.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    It’s boring. I don’t know why they’re so obsessed with that title beyond it’s historical cache. Pretty sure their best selling 21st century events have all been stuff that didn’t use the Crisis name to boot, the Metals and Blackest Night.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Yeah only way that would work for me is if the Justice League Dark was the focus of the event, make Dark Crisis a magic based crisis.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    You thought DC was done with events? How? They were always going to do another one.
    OK maybe I was being too optimistic there. Retconning their own history every couple of year's is basically DC's party piece. Except it's like that one guy who tells the same joke at every party over and over...

Astonishing Member

Infinite Frontier, Justice League Incarnate and Death of the Justice League were all pointing to DC getting Williamson to write another Crisis related story.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    As of 2009, for whatever reason, the most prominent Roma organization decided not to be known as gypsies anymore. Based on your post (I never heard of the show, FWIW), I guess it was still okay to refer to yourself as such. I believe it's only the last couple of years that there has been a big push to abolish it by public sanction. Which is fine, BTW, but it's obvious the word was never comparable to the n-word.
    I think the show's better known in the UK than in the US - it aired on Channel 4 here, which is equivalent to being on NBC or CBS. In America it aired on TLC, a cable channel, so won't have had the same penetration.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Crises and reboots will continue indefinitely until moral improves.

"Dark Crisis" sounds like something Snyder would come up with.

Damn, I was close.