Page 6 of 47 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

I guess JL's sales have been pretty bad. So an event/gimmick like this was to be expected to try and reignite interest in the series.

Suddenly making sense why Yara's Wonder Girl title - which seemed to be pretty well liked - got cancelled.
    Couldn't start a new arc when she's about to move over and take the main role in Wonder Woman.

Hope DC isn't overestimating the pull of the 5G characters though...they seemed much more enjoyable with Bruce, Clark and Diana running around in their own titles.
    Without the main 3 will readers just flock in droves?

Would love to see the JSA step up to take the reigns, but DC hates their fans too much to give us what we want...

Astonishing Member

Says the dark army kills them. (Probably get reborn into the pocket worlds via Pariah touch) And no JL for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I guess JL's sales have been pretty bad. So an event/gimmick like this was to be expected to try and reignite interest in the series.
    I don't think anyone's really been gelling with Bendis' JL. Not even Bendis.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think anyone's really been gelling with Bendis' JL. Not even Bendis.
    I definitely got the feeling from the beginning that he was handed JL as an apology for cancelling his Superman/Legion run so early.

Spectacular Member

I think I bruised my eyes from rolling them so hard.

Based on what was said in this article: https://www.gamesradar.com/death-of-...ice-league-dc/

The thing I'm interested in is what will happen after. (and not just because Hal doesn't die) They're saying the JL loses this fight, so the Dark Army won't be defeated with the JL's deaths. This story has been building in JL Incarnate so I expect those heroes will have to fight the Dark Army along with other I would imagine, but who and how is the news I'm waiting for.

I'm hoping this isn't a blanket execution, particularly for the sake of John Stewart. John has been entirely absent from Justice League team and title since Infinite Frontier era kicked off, and he's got his own thing going in Green Lantern, it would be such disservice and a huge **** you to his character if they only brought him back on the team to bench him with the rest of the League. especially if this is meant to have larger ramifications for the DC Universe going forward. for once, I hope this is another case of DC just throwing John on marketing to add some color and popularity points.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Astonishing Member

Don't worry you can read about John on Earth GL.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Joshua Williamson is really seeming like he's going to wind up just being a "gimmick guy" between this and his "Shadow War" crossover involving his Batman, Robin, and Deathstroke Inc. titles.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Joshua Williamson is really seeming like he's going to wind up just being a "gimmick guy" between this and his "Shadow War" crossover involving his Batman, Robin, and Deathstroke Inc. titles.
    DC is the "gimmick" company. It's "destroy the status quo" event followed by "glorious return of the status quo" event. Repeat, ad infinitum.

Incredible Member

So we got 5G’d in the end anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    So we got 5G’d in the end anyway.
    Thomas Wayne’s chalk board was a lie!
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    Suddenly making sense why Yara's Wonder Girl title - which seemed to be pretty well liked - got cancelled.
    When did this happen?

Quote Originally Posted by PLG1962 View Post
    When did this happen?
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/dc-c...-early-with-7/
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8