Page 17 of 47 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

The fact that this is all just setting up Flashpoint is another frustrating thing. The one thing that has really burned me on DC comics recently is the sheer amount of events that are focused on revising the timeline and then revising that and so on and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    The fact that this is all just setting up Flashpoint is another frustrating thing. The one thing that has really burned me on DC comics recently is the sheer amount of events that are focused on revising the timeline and then revising that and so on and so on.
    I didn't realize this was setting up Flashpoint.
    I didn't think Williamson was involved in that one.

I don’t think it is, I just think Williamson has just been using Thomas Wayne up to now but it looks like his storyline veers.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I don’t think it is, I just think Williamson has just been using Thomas Wayne up to now but it looks like his storyline veers.

Yeah , I hope that they don't do Flashpoint 2.0 . When the original started I had no idea that it would have lead to NEW52.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKryptonMan View Post
    Yeah , I hope that they don't do Flashpoint 2.0 . When the original started I had no idea that it would have lead to NEW52.
    No they are making Flashpoint 2, it’s called Flashpoint Beyond by Geof Johns, Tim Sheridan, and Jeremy Adams, which is coming out the same month as Death of the Justice League. I just don’t think the two are connected because one is about Thomas Wayne finding his universe is back and the other is a threat that destroys the Justice League.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Well maybe Williamson was using Thomas for months to set him up for Flashpoint: Beyond. Is it related to Death of Justice League? It should be, otherwise it is going to be real weird with Johns doing Flashpoint sequel with a storyboard full of continuity hints, while Williamson does his own continuity altering event in another book without each other knowing about the other?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Well maybe Williamson was using Thomas for months to set him up for Flashpoint: Beyond. Is it related to Death of Justice League? It should be, otherwise it is going to be real weird with Johns doing Flashpoint sequel with a storyboard full of continuity hints, while Williamson does his own continuity altering event in another book without each other knowing about the other?
    So, you expect DC to actually be organized and coordinate things?

Well seeing how many creative teams didn't even know that JL is going to "die" then yeah, maybe I'm expecting too much here. Maybe next year we'll get "Crisis re-examined" event that will try to work out the contradictions between Flashpoint: Beyond and Williamson's event.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Well seeing how many creative teams didn't even know that JL is going to "die" then yeah, maybe I'm expecting too much here. Maybe next year we'll get "Crisis re-examined" event that will try to work out the contradictions between Flashpoint: Beyond and Williamson's event.
    But we don't even know yet what "die" means in this case. Removed to another reality? Lost in time (like Batman with not-so-Final Crisis)? Hired out for birthday parties?

Hell, we don't even know if / when / how this may or may not be seen in any of their own existing solo-stories or not.

Astonishing Member

People have said that Disney is not fighting the public domain stuff this time around and have accepted it is finally over. It's actually happening. Mickey Mouse will be in the public domain in a few years and a decade from now Superman and Batman will join him

I'm actually really excited to see non DC creators make their own takes on Golden Age Superman. And as the years go by, more and more of Superman's world hits the public domain for creators to play with
    The story of Mickey Mouse's first cartoon (such as it is) "Steamboat Willie" will hit the public domain. The character and name Mickey Mouse will remain protected by the many, many trademarks Disney has on the character. And will continue to as long as Disney uses the character. Intellectual Property Law isn't quite as easy as "cartoon hits public domain, anyone can use the character".

It's like how a few of the early Tarzan stories are public domain, but if you want to use the character of Tarzan, you still have to license him from E.R.B., Inc.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Again?

Creative bankruptcy all around.
    This. Thread title could have just been "Dc announces: We're out of fresh ideas"
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

*yawn* I have zero interest in this stunt...

Yet again failure for DC Comics is incoming I predict.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Can you honestly blame them for killing them off? None of the characters outside of Batman are selling. Look at the latest sales figures and you only have two books that aren't Batman related doing any sort of business.

A little ironic that such a common cliche actually reignites my interest. I don't have many ideas for intriguing stories involving the usual guys but a new line-up could be interesting. I kinda stopped reading ongoing comics consistently besides robin.

Exactly. Why should anyone care what happens to characters or the timeline when you don't get a chance to grow an attachment to the timeline and this version of the characters?
    Read The Flash#1 this September!