Page 7 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Wait is this going to completely derail Green Lantern? I know they got other characters to follow but I like Johns story.

Also the WW representation in that photo is piss poor, 6 Bats, 3 Supers, 4 Lanterns and even 2 Aquas.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I guess JL's sales have been pretty bad. So an event/gimmick like this was to be expected to try and reignite interest in the series.
    Nowadays we don't really even know the sales numbers that well. With Diamond we had a good idea. But this is as someone else posted " Creative Bankruptcy " really . A Gimmick really . As the solo books will continue I'm sure. I guess that Bendis just ran out of ideas too.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    What's really the purpose of "killing" Hal at this point. Is there anyone in the DCU who has died more than him, Morrison even joked about it in their run when Hal dies and then his spectre immediately goes "Dead again?" If even the character himself doesn't take his deaths seriously, why would the readers.
    Pr-crisis, Red Tornado died a few good times. Post-Crisis, Captain Atom in elseworlds.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Again?

Again?!

...AGAIN?!

Wasn't the whole Death Metal event and lead up to it built around the premise of: "The Justice League has fallen to the Dark Multiverse!"

Hasn't EVERY goddamn event for the past fifteen years been built around: "This the darkest the DC universe has ever been, but if the heroes prevail, hope will be restored!"

And how many times have we seen some variation of: "The Justice League is gone! Can these new heroes fill the void and save the day without them?"

Have we seriously reached a point where the only story DC can tell with the Justice League is "They lost. Again."
    For a team consisting of the alleged "greatest heroes" they sure do fail miserably a lot.

Creative bankruptcy all around.
    Once you have your characters fighting Gods, what else can you do with the team? You got to keep scaling the enemies.

Wait does this mean?

Well, last time Bruce died, we got some of the greatest Batman stories ever, so maybe this will have a positive effect.

Still, I'm annoyed about the less popular characters who don't have a reserve of great iconic stories to fall back on. They just get killed.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    DC is the "gimmick" company. It's "destroy the status quo" event followed by "glorious return of the status quo" event. Repeat, ad infinitum.
    Isn't this true for the Big Two in general?

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Isn't this true for the Big Two in general?
    I think with Marvel it isn't as overt.

The only time that I know of where Marvel overtly advertised something as status quo changing was Hickman's Secret Wars.

But then again Marvel is currently in the midst of Death of Doctor Strange - it is what it is.

Astonishing Member

Can we take a minute to appreciate how botched the perspective looks in this cover and how magnificently noseless Simon Baz is?

Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

I haven't followed Jurgens work for a while, but in my memory he was a better artist. Has he declined a lot in recent years or was that cover a rush job?

I can’t see this lasting more than a year if that….

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I haven't followed Jurgens work for a while, but in my memory he was a better artist. Has he declined a lot in recent years or was that cover a rush job?
    Probably both. The inking doesn't help.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    DC is the "gimmick" company. It's "destroy the status quo" event followed by "glorious return of the status quo" event. Repeat, ad infinitum.
    It's pathetic at this point. And that usually tends to solve none of their problems.

Fantastic Member TheCasualReader's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Myskin View Post
    Can we take a minute to appreciate how botched the perspective looks in this cover and how magnificently noseless Simon Baz is?
    Maybe it's my OCD, but it really annoys me how you have Aqualad in front of Aquaman's casket, Robin in front of Batman's casket and Green Lanterns in front of Green Lantern's casket but you also have Green Lantern in front of Superman's casket and Superboy in front of Wonder Woman's casket.

Damn it, that throws the whole thing off!
    Last edited by TheCasualReader; 01-20-2022 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Wait does this mean?

Well, last time Bruce died, we got some of the greatest Batman stories ever, so maybe this will have a positive effect.

Still, I'm annoyed about the less popular characters who don't have a reserve of great iconic stories to fall back on. They just get killed.
    Nightwing probably has the most momentum and positive trend going for it that it has had in a very long time. It’s the kind of run that could influence future adaptations. So in the long run I think its better if they don’t disturb that too much. But I’ll take an Obsidian Age on the side.

That being said I think this is about giving the 5G guys the nod, so I’m not expecting much with Dick here.

Quote Originally Posted by PLG1962 View Post
    When did this happen?
    Quote Originally Posted by PLG1962 View Post
    I can’t see this lasting more than a year if that….
    It took me 5 whole seconds of trying to remember when I made these comments before noticing this ain't me.