Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by captchuck View Post
    My guess is Batman survives since he's in about 300 titles a month and a few of them actually sell pretty well.
    No, he'll be dead but there will still be 300 Batman titles a month watching his rotting corpse. And they'll all be #1.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKryptonMan View Post
    Well with Batman & family really being the best selling books for DC . Maybe in the near future they'll trim their ongoing books.
    Wonder what will happen when so many characters go into public domain ? Could be good ? Could be bad too ?
    Actually it's time to give Justice League a long break, like Marvel did with FF.
    Truly I wouldn’t mind them giving the JL book a break. Book desperately needs a new direction.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    No, he'll be dead but there will still be 300 Batman titles a month watching his rotting corpse. And they'll all be #1.
    The adventures of bat-zombie...🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I don't think GL or SM will die, because they aren't even supposed to be on the League right now. Characters without a solo series like Green Arrow, Black Canary and J'onn are likely candidates to die.
    There's only one survivor, yet several heroes involved have solos.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKryptonMan View Post
    I don't think that it all makes any sense yet . It makes you wonder, do the solo books just pause or what ?
    They may just ignore it. Green Lantern's writer didn't even know about it until it was announced! Though I notice that book isn't solicited for April...
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Wait a minute, third act of Infinite Frontier, Dark Army, supposed death.... I think I've figured out where the League went already and what's happened to them. It's Pariah.

Okay so some context for those who haven't been reading, at the end of Infinite Frontier Barry goes beyond the known Multiverse and runs into Pariah and the dead remains of Multiverse-2 which died in the first Crisis but has been fed upon by the Gentry/The Empty Hand. But then Pariah disintegrated Barry and remade him on a picturesque world designated Earth.Flash.1.

That's where the league will be, captured by Pariah and put in their own perfect earths but made to look like they died. I'm confident in this.

Yah this sounds about right.

This could be so accurate you should have attached spoiler tags.

Additionally I'm all in on this epic death event. Would love to see other heroes take front and center for 6 month's or a year and tell cool side stories with the original jl

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

This is so ill timed, especially with Wonder Woman. We've just had months...years of Death Metal, rumors of Superman's death, Wonder Woman having JUST returned from the dead, the possibility (rumors) of Hippolyta's death in Wonder Woman. Granted, it could be what some have surmised and they will be simply shunted to another Earth/multiverse, but...enough is just enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Again?

Again?!

...AGAIN?!

Wasn't the whole Death Metal event and lead up to it built around the premise of: "The Justice League has fallen to the Dark Multiverse!"

Hasn't EVERY goddamn event for the past fifteen years been built around: "This the darkest the DC universe has ever been, but if the heroes prevail, hope will be restored!"

And how many times have we seen some variation of: "The Justice League is gone! Can these new heroes fill the void and save the day without them?"

Have we seriously reached a point where the only story DC can tell with the Justice League is "They lost. Again."
    For a team consisting of the alleged "greatest heroes" they sure do fail miserably a lot.

Creative bankruptcy all around.
    Considering they mention Death Of Supermans anniversary as a vague inspiration, yes, creative bankruptcy all around

Incredible Member

Who knows how much time DC Comics will last at this rate. Sales are abysmal. Which is a shame since Flash is excellent again for the first time in 15 years.

Can't wait to see what happens when these characters enter public domain. IMO the next generation of comic book creators is going to be influenced by manga and not by american comics.
    Last edited by Maxi; 01-22-2022 at 08:12 AM.

the next generation already is. Also, these characters won't enter the public domain. Warner might not be killing it like Disney but once the Discovery merge finalizes and the new leadership takes over they'll start ramping up animations, films and other multimedia to feed HBOMax.

the name of the game is consolidation small companies get eaten. Monopolies are encouraged
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Maxi View Post
    Who knows how much time DC Comics will last at this rate. Sales are abysmal. Which is a shame since Flash is excellent again for the first time in 15 years.

Can't wait to see what happens when these characters enter public domain. IMO the next generation of comic book creators is going to be influenced by manga and not by american comics.
    I like manga but American comics have their value.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

sorry, this kinda off-topic but...

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Does DC have any "good creative team" possibilities any more these days?
    I think Ram V, Tom Taylor, Becky Cloonan, Mark Russell, and Tom King are all solid at minimum, sometimes great even. Tho none are real headliners except Tom King? It really depends on their creative freedom. I've found I enjoy most DC writers' indie stuff than their DC stuff. I haven't read anything from Mariko Tamaki, but she seems to be somewhat in position to be considered solid.

And while I'm a bit out of touch and unfamiliar w/ about 80% of the artists I see on recent solicitations, they still have Reis! And I tend to like most artists or art styles anyway.
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

Sometimes things are special because they don't last. -- Zhi, Tales from the Loop

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maxi View Post
    Can't wait to see what happens when these characters enter public domain.
    As has been mentioned here before, only the original stories will start fall into the public domain (starting in the next decade). That doesn't mean anybody could start publishing new Superman and Batman stories at that time, however.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I think people kind of overhype the public domain thing.

Since this is kind of commemorating 30th anniversary of The Death of Superman, I think it would have been better to do the old switchero and have Superman be the one who survives. At least make it somewhat unique.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think people kind of overhype the public domain thing.
    I'm also pretty sure Disney will manage to get laws changed regarding public domain with mickey mouse entering it soon.