Page 16 of 47 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    But how good would those sales be if Bruce were really gone for good instead of taking a vacation? I suspect Batman would always sell, but I doubt he would be nearly as popular with someone else in his place as a permanent replacement.
    As much as Bruce is the Bat and the Man, I would totally be on board for Dick to permanently take over as Batman. I honestly was a bit disappointed that it didn't stick in the 90s after PRODIGAL and in the 2010s after FINAL CRISIS. Love Bruce, but this is the most obvious legacy handover waiting to happen.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Last edited by Buried Alien; 01-24-2022 at 05:20 PM.
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    As much as Bruce is the Bat and the Man, I would totally be on board for Dick permanently take over as Batman. I honestly was a bit disappointed that it didn't stick in the 90s after PRODIGAL in the 2010s after FINAL CRISIS. Love Bruce, but this is the most obvious legacy handover waiting to happen.

It might be the most obvious, but it's also the most unlikely. Pre-COIE Earth-2 and Elseworld stories will have to do instead.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Dick yes, he's long since proven that he's worthy of being counted among the best of the best. He's arguably already counted as such, depending on who you ask.

Same goes for many of the Lanterns, most are equally capable and deserving of such lofty titles. But unless the Lantern in question is Kyle Rayner returning to earth to pick up his old Marz era Everyman archetype, I'm perfectly fine with the Lanterns largely staying off world, they're more fun as space cops than jewelry-based superheroes.

Donna.....not so much, I don't think. She's powerful, experienced, and capable yes. She'd certainly be able to keep up in a team of next-generation GOATS, but I don't think she'd be much of a stand out member and would largely end up in the background, and she comes with a whole lot of baggage and broken history. I imagine that Yara would find her way onto a hypothetical post-League roster instead; Donna seems to be a character few writers want to deal with while Yara was an instant hit (even if her sales didn't hold very long).

I'm hoping that if we do end up with a League replacement team, that it's not just the Future State roster or even a Big 7 legacy group, but brings in the characters who feel like they could realistically step into the League's boots, and not feel like a gimmick group. We'd obviously get a good amount of legacies, since many of DC's best and brightest are legacies (Dick, Kara, Wally, etc) but I don't want or need a complete Big 7 copy. Get Mr. Terrific, Blue Beetle, Cyborg, heroes like that into the mix, and not just Superman Jr., Batman Jr., Wonder Woman Jr., etc.
    But Donna has ties to every corner of the DCU and is a powerhouse. Why wouldn't she be capable of leading or standing out? Even Dick isn't as experienced or connected

Winnie the Poo (in the iconic red shirt) just went public domain
    Just wanted to quickly comment that it was Pooh without the red shirt that went public domain. The red shirt is Disney's still, not sure for how long though.

I don't think I've posted in this thread yet, but I hope we get a Reign of the Justice Leagues to keep with the Death of Superman parallels lol.

Where'd you hear this?
    I suppose it could be possible; Winnie the Poo (in the iconic red shirt) just went public domain and while I'm not sure who actually owned that, I never heard anything about Disney or anybody else trying to stop it. And I haven't heard anything about lobbying for an extension of the law yet either. I figured it was just being kept as quiet as possible because the public won't support it (or they'd wait until the last minute so people couldn't complain before the votes were cast) but maybe you're right and they're just not fighting it at all. But I'll believe it when I see Steamboat Willie in the public domain....and then wonder how these companies plan on keeping everyone else from using their toys.
    These are just rumors from Disney people but it makes sense with what we're seeing. There's only two years left and Disney hasn't even made an effort to lobby Congress this time around when they should have done so years ago if they wanted to push the date forward. The rumor states that Disney knows they will face much bigger opposition this time around so they don't want to put any effort into fighting it. As you said, Winnie the Pooh is gone and Mickey is now hitting in 2 years. And once Mickey hits public domain, any big corporation to continue to push it farther out will be dead since Disney won't be fighting it and any attempt by someone like Warner would fail without Disney backing

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    Just wanted to quickly comment that it was Pooh without the red shirt that went public domain. The red shirt is Disney's still, not sure for how long though.

I don't think I've posted in this thread yet, but I hope we get a Reign of the Justice Leagues to keep with the Death of Superman parallels lol.
    Hmm...

Superboy - The Titans.

Cyborg-Superman - The Legion of Doom posing as heroes, Thunderbolt style.

Eradicator - Some kind of 90's extreme super-group.

Steel - The JSA.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    Possible spoilers

I think Dc may be wrapping up a story line that goes back to the convergence series when Hal Jordan Parallax crossed over to the main DC universe and clashed with our Hal. After that things got weird with Hal, The comic was relaunched as Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps, the New gods declared war on the Green Lanterns, Hal was able to mach lighrays speed which he said was impossible, Hal defeated General Zod under a double yellow star, John Stewart went up against the entire Amazon army solo and yet Dianna said he would die, and a Blackstar Vampire (forget her name) said Hal was the most dangerous devious man in any Universe. Strangely Hal is the only original JLA member still around in that comic cover (is Flash wally?). In Current Green Lantern Hal is also absent but still has power.
    The only thing that stumps me is Keli and her power gauntlet as Hal was using it up until she got it but (apparently there are 2 gauntlets now) I will also take a shot that Our Hal Jordan is being hidden on Themyscira and the Hal thats Green Lantern is actually Parallax and thats who will kill the JLA
    Spoiler Alert .......

Hal just showed up on the last page of GL#11 fully powered with the Cavalry as he says , :-)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    But Donna has ties to every corner of the DCU and is a powerhouse. Why wouldn't she be capable of leading or standing out? Even Dick isn't as experienced or connected
    I'm not sure that's true. Dick, at this point, already led the Titans, the Outsiders, two different backup justice leagues, is connected more or less to everyone, and has the entire "heart of the DCU" title. Donna is great, but the strongest representations of their generation are Dick and Wally.

Spectacular Member

Instead of talking about the gimmicks or who survives yadda yadda, and im sure it's been said earlier in the thread but I ether A. missed it or B. didn't read that page. Im betting this actually ends with the "survivor" only THINKING they saw the JL die... where as instead they were Nostalgiaversed by Pariah like Barry (So you'd get "Earth Superman-1 Earth Martian Manhunter-1, Earth Batman-1 etc etc). Seems like the logical way to tie into the crisis Williamson is building up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    I'm not sure that's true. Dick, at this point, already led the Titans, the Outsiders, two different backup justice leagues, is connected more or less to everyone, and has the entire "heart of the DCU" title. Donna is great, but the strongest representations of their generation are Dick and Wally.
    Dick and Wally are the Stone Cold and Rock of there generation.

Spectacular Member

I don't now if some answer on this question. But who do you see to be the next line-up who will replacing the JL ?

Personally, i see a mix between old guard (Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, Flash/Wally West...) and the new guard (Superman/Jon, Aquaman/Jackson Hyde...) and, i hope, some surprise from old members of the league like Firestorm.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Again?

Again?!

...AGAIN?!

Wasn't the whole Death Metal event and lead up to it built around the premise of: "The Justice League has fallen to the Dark Multiverse!"

Hasn't EVERY goddamn event for the past fifteen years been built around: "This the darkest the DC universe has ever been, but if the heroes prevail, hope will be restored!"

And how many times have we seen some variation of: "The Justice League is gone! Can these new heroes fill the void and save the day without them?"

Have we seriously reached a point where the only story DC can tell with the Justice League is "They lost. Again."
    For a team consisting of the alleged "greatest heroes" they sure do fail miserably a lot.

Creative bankruptcy all around.
    That is why I stopped reading comic books in 2016 after Rebirth month 1. I've picked up the odd issue or trade here and there but hardly anything compared to what I was getting between in 2013-2016 tbh doesn't feel like I have missed out on much.
    (I did pick up the first Metal incidentally but never finished it due to forgetting how godamn boring Snyder's writing style is lol)
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Astonishing Member

There won't be any JL book. Maybe just a new team with Justice in its name.

If the newer legacy characters don't work out sales wise, then DC will do something else.

I get the feeling from Deathstroke Inc today that a certain society we DIDN'T want to return is going to play a part into this.

Edit: doubling down on this theory after this tweet from Williamson

https://mobile.twitter.com/Williamso...03875312136192
    Last edited by sifighter; 01-25-2022 at 08:57 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    As much as Bruce is the Bat and the Man, I would totally be on board for Dick to permanently take over as Batman. I honestly was a bit disappointed that it didn't stick in the 90s after PRODIGAL and in the 2010s after FINAL CRISIS. Love Bruce, but this is the most obvious legacy handover waiting to happen.

co-signed. I like Bruce as BAtman he's great, but for long time readers it's nice to see the world evolving and really changing. When Dick became Batman for those three years it was probably the last time I was buying all teh Batbooks. You had Tim becoming his own Nightwing (Red Robin). A new Batgirl being mentored by Barbara. Damian evolving as a character.

But I understand why DC wants ot maintain the status quo, aging characters can be scary.

anyway I still love this fan trailer for Grayson so I've got to share it again
    The J-man