Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Looking back, the "Death of the JL" was already teased a week ago in the Flashpoint Beyond's sneak peek. The "Fall of Justice League" will lead to the "Rise of..."?

Of course, Batman will be the only survivor.

Didn't they also have a whiteboard with cryptic scribbling all over it back around (the weekly series) 52?

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Wait does this mean?

Well, last time Bruce died, we got some of the greatest Batman stories ever, so maybe this will have a positive effect.

Still, I'm annoyed about the less popular characters who don't have a reserve of great iconic stories to fall back on. They just get killed.
    Was there suppose to be a third image here?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That doesn't sound right, 2034? He debuted in 1938, I thought it was 2028 when he went public domain?
    The law is 95 years after the year in question.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    He's made like two appearances with the Justice League, in the Jon Kent book and in WW after Diana came back when for some reason he didn't have his ring on and was wearing regular clothes. He is stationed on Earth but he hasn't been treated as the regular JL at all. Maybe he's in quarantine or something.
    Hal should definitely be placed somewhere.

I don’t think the characters main books will entirety affect them. That’s like that new 52 event forever evil I think? Where the Justice league went away but the main books still shown them in the same timelines or further out? anyways Diana better be the one to live to tell the tale. She’s been through hell just to get back for her to just “perish again”.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Didn't they also have a whiteboard with cryptic scribbling all over it back around (the weekly series) 52?
    It's a DC thing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    The only things that would go into the public domain are the original comics (and that won't happen for 12 more years for Superman). As for copyrights, how many would DC actually drop?
    As the years pass by.. more of the golden age will enter the public domain slowly over time.

Can expect DC not to use public domain characters or versions if they no longer fully exclusively own them. I doubt they want to bother with brand confusion.

However, all of the derivations and ideas and elements, the comics created later in the silver age age to up will still be only for DC to uses for years. Plus Trademarks for names and logos can be renewed.
    Last edited by D.Z; 01-20-2022 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Looking back, the "Death of the JL" was already teased a week ago in the Flashpoint Beyond's sneak peek. The "Fall of Justice League" will lead to the "Rise of..."?

Of course, Batman will be the only survivor.
    Yeah, Batman will probably live. I hadn't seen that the variant cover was already confirmed as to be symbolic and not necessarily indicative of who all dies. I mean, unless of course that's Jace under the cowl here. But I wouldn't count on it.

Justice Society is already mentioned on the board, so Rise of probably is Rise of the Fifth Generation or something of that ilk.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-20-2022 at 11:50 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Nothing says important, ground breaking or permanent more than switching to a new writer for a final issue of a flagging book just to "kill" everyone off with no build up and little forward promotion. Not even a DCU one-shot.
    That specific part speaks more to just how much of a bust Bendis' tenure at DC has been more than anything, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    That specific part speaks more to just how much of a bust Bendis' tenure at DC has been more than anything, imo.
    I'm kinda disappointed ngl, I love Naomi and Keli is cool but everything else was underwhelming.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Bendis' run on JL from the beginning has just felt like DC giving him the book as an apology for cutting his Superman and Legion stuff so short. That stuff was clearly meant to go on for years, but sales were just not supporting it.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Yeah, Batman will probably live. I hadn't seen that the variant cover was already confirmed as to be symbolic and not necessarily indicative of who all dies. I mean, unless of course that's Jace under the cowl here. But I wouldn't count on it.
    I don't think GL or SM will die, because they aren't even supposed to be on the League right now. Characters without a solo series like Green Arrow, Black Canary and J'onn are likely candidates to die.

Justice Society is already mentioned on the board, so Rise of probably is Rise of the Fifth Generation or something of that ilk.
    This is a strong possibility or a league with different generations of legacy characters mixed together.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 01-20-2022 at 01:30 PM.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

I know they're niche, but I really hope this means a push for Doom Patrol and Checkmate. And the Outsiders...again.

Of course, my first hope would be they get a good creative team.
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

Sometimes things are special because they don't last. -- Zhi, Tales from the Loop

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak View Post
    I know they're niche, but I really hope this means a push for Doom Patrol and Checkmate. And the Outsiders...again.

Of course, my first hope would be they get a good creative team.
    Does DC have any "good creative team" possibilities any more these days?