Page 8 of 47 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Good. Kill them all and bring back the JSA!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Nothing says important, ground breaking or permanent more than switching to a new writer for a final issue of a flagging book just to "kill" everyone off with no build up and little forward promotion. Not even a DCU one-shot.

God bless Williamson spinning this, gotta respect that hustle I guess. He's DC's current go-to guy, which I'm sure is a dream job, so I'm sure at least he thinks he's doing good work.

I'm honestly a little embarrassed for DC these days. They're like 90's Marvel right now just flailing wildly hoping something, ANYTHING, will catch on while not seeing that their terrible treatment of characters is a huge turn off.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

It would be kinda hilarious if their solution to JSA problem is to kill JL. So what happens when JL gets back? JSA gets into limbo again?

Astonishing Member

Two books, if JSA sells well.

this was not done to re-introduce the JSA
    The J-man

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    this was not done to re-introduce the JSA
    Agreed. This was done to keep DC afloat and nothing more.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Myskin View Post
    Can we take a minute to appreciate how botched the perspective looks in this cover and how magnificently noseless Simon Baz is?
    It's a coloring mistake. Simon's face is supposed to be covered with only his chin/mouth showing. But yes, it makes him look odd.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    It would be kinda hilarious if their solution to JSA problem is to kill JL. So what happens when JL gets back? JSA gets into limbo again?
    Why be in limbo, it’s a big planet. An a even bigger universe why not have another team. It’s just like the titans, I don’t get why the JL has to be the supreme.

This loss isn’t so bad if you have a team with

Vixen, Constantine, Kyle Rayner, Arsenal, Tim drake, Donna Troy, The Atom.
    All bases covered. There are so many heroes in the world

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    It's a coloring mistake. Simon's face is supposed to be covered with only his chin/mouth showing. But yes, it makes him look odd.
    Naw, he just got a Tesla face mask.

Astonishing Member

I am glad to see that many are as unexcited as I am.

This event is going to be a real waster of paper.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I haven't followed Jurgens work for a while, but in my memory he was a better artist. Has he declined a lot in recent years or was that cover a rush job?
    Dan Jurgens stopped trying a while ago. Most things he does now are completely lifeless.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    The only things that would go into the public domain are the original comics (and that won't happen for 12 more years for Superman). As for copyrights, how many would DC actually drop?
    That doesn't sound right, 2034? He debuted in 1938, I thought it was 2028 when he went public domain?

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Yeah, this just looks like a dumb gimmick that won’t last.
    BUT I’m worried about the solos.

- Diana finally has a good creative team and direction and she just got back from the dead. Why kill her again?
    - Clark is having a great run under PJK. I don’t want that disrupted for some mediocre event.
    - Aquamen will be maybe in its third issue by the time this drops? It doesn’t seem likely they would launch a new book starring Arthur only to take him off the table after the first arc is done.
    - John Stewart is finally getting some focus, even if the book is flawed, so of course they’re killing him lol.
    - Dinah is the sole reason I read Deathstroke Inc.

Then you have great characters like Martian Manhunter that have been basically in limbo since Infinite Frontier. So they make him a member again just to kill him off.
    Same goes for making Zatanna a member of the main team for one issue.

I kind of hope none of the solos are affected, because that would really screw up some of the few good books DC are putting out.
    I also hope they use this opportunity to do something worthwhile with the Titans and the JSA, but at this point it’s pretty clear DC editors and writers have run out of ideas of what to do with their team books.
    April solicit says Deathstroke Inc has been destroyed, so I think Dinah's off that book and it probably ends after Shadow War.
    https://aiptcomics.com/2022/01/19/dc...-batman-robin/

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    The JSA will reform after this and get their own title.... only for it to be revealed that they're secretly the Masters of --- I mean, the Legion of Doom!! Then the new 5GJL will form to take them down...
    lol, nice Thunderbolts reference.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    If they’re “dead” for more than 6 months, I’ll be shocked.
    And I’ll be happy to no longer be reading this…

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Looking back, the "Death of the JL" was already teased a week ago in the Flashpoint Beyond's sneak peek. The "Fall of Justice League" will lead to the "Rise of..."?

Of course, Batman will be the only survivor.

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Looking back, the "Death of the JL" was already teased a week ago in the Flashpoint Beyond's sneak peek. The "Fall of Justice League" will lead to the "Rise of..."?

Of course, Batman will be the only survivor.

"Rise of the Justice Society of America" I guess.