Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

sales slump = death of XX

so DC is truly honoring the 90's!

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The writers really haven't been clear about this.
    The Justice League hasn't had any Green Lanterns on the roster since Bendis took over.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    The Justice League hasn't had any Green Lanterns on the roster since Bendis took over.
    Yeah, but supposedly Hal's been on Earth and appeared in really random spots but they haven't really developed it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Do Ollie and Dinah know Roy is alive again?
    I don't think so; the Titans only just found out.

Yeah, this just looks like a dumb gimmick that won’t last.
    BUT I’m worried about the solos.

- Diana finally has a good creative team and direction and she just got back from the dead. Why kill her again?
    - Clark is having a great run under PJK. I don’t want that disrupted for some mediocre event.
    - Aquamen will be maybe in its third issue by the time this drops? It doesn’t seem likely they would launch a new book starring Arthur only to take him off the table after the first arc is done.
    - John Stewart is finally getting some focus, even if the book is flawed, so of course they’re killing him lol.
    - Dinah is the sole reason I read Deathstroke Inc.

Then you have great characters like Martian Manhunter that have been basically in limbo since Infinite Frontier. So they make him a member again just to kill him off.
    Same goes for making Zatanna a member of the main team for one issue.

I kind of hope none of the solos are affected, because that would really screw up some of the few good books DC are putting out.
    I also hope they use this opportunity to do something worthwhile with the Titans and the JSA, but at this point it’s pretty clear DC editors and writers have run out of ideas of what to do with their team books.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    So technically this could be a sneak event for those who've not wanted their heroes to be in a shared universe?

interesting idea... Honestly, as much as I love a shared universe, there's so much that doesn't make sense... like how Arrow made sense until they introduced the Flash, since it would take Flash like ten seconds, tops, to save the day in both cities.

As far as this event goes, I'm kinda confused. Doesn't this sound like 52 to anyone else? Main heroes gone (if they make it a year, which I doubt) and replaced with stories about smaller characters?

And let's be honest, I'm sure the JSA/revised and more diverse JSA will rise to take its place?

... I'm also getting Justice League Detroit vibes lol... Create a substitute league while the main players are gone, and then kill them off when the League returns..

Incredible Member

Agreeing with the pocket universe theory. Also curious if any of the solos will reflect the change... maybe they wanted Tynion to in the main Batman book but that was the straw that broke the camels back.

So who kills them?
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I'm planting my flag firmly in the 'wait and see' camp on this one.
    I'm there too, the more I think about it. Though if everyone's theories about what's going to happen ends up being correct, this might be what makes me give up on DC again like I did during the New 52 (save for the Bat titles. I continued reading some of those). I've already been on the cusp of it for the past few years, but if all the possible outcomes I've read in this thread are making me feel like I'm not gonna be a big fan of what we may be getting.

I’ll give it a shot but like others have stated, I really hope this doesn’t screw up PKJ’s Superman storyline. That book has been great and I’d hate to see them have to shoehorn this plot into the monthly book.

It would be great if the JSA is reformed in the League’s absence. But it will probably just be an excuse to do the 5G JLA for a while.

Nice to see Jaime on the funeral cover. Hopefully they start including him in DC events.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    sales slump = death of XX

so DC is truly honoring the 90's!
    That was my thought. A gimmick to gin up sales. I’ll pass.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Wow. Not much left of the DC Comics I like. I've been needing to cut back on my comics buying. DC is making it so easy! Why should any longtime reader care?

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Nice to see Jaime on the funeral cover. Hopefully they start including him in DC events.
    Also, Cassandra Cain.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I’ll give it a shot but like others have stated, I really hope this doesn’t screw up PKJ’s Superman storyline. That book has been great and I’d hate to see them have to shoehorn this plot into the monthly book.

It would be great if the JSA is reformed in the League’s absence. But it will probably just be an excuse to do the 5G JLA for a while.

The JSA will reform after this and get their own title.... only for it to be revealed that they're secretly the Masters of --- I mean, the Legion of Doom!! Then the new 5GJL will form to take them down...

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    So who kills them?
    My money is on Pariah, if not him then Empty Hand/the Gentry.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.