Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 374344454647
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

bleeing cool posted "gossip" of what happens in death of JL and makes it pretty obvious which league member ends up surving: https://bleedingcool.com/comics/dc-c...ustice-league/

spoilers:
    They imply it's Black Adam.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Wonder if that's why Jessica kind of phased out. She was a breakout character too but unlike Naomi, she was a legacy and now she's rarely seen anymore. Would the same thing happen to Yara down the line since her Wonder Girl book was already canceled(though not sure if that was really because of sales).
    Jessica Cruz is not rarely seen. She had an annual dedicated to her last year. She's been in cartoons. Kyle Rayner is the GL who seems to have vanished lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zagre View Post
    My guess is that Black Adam doesn't have a Silver Age-esque fantasy to get sent to?
    Good point. Shazam wasn't published in the silver age (Fawcett cancelled Captain Marvel in the early 50s and DC didn't start Shazam until the 70s, so the only silver age Captain Marvel is Mar-Vell's debut series at Marvel Comics), and therefore Black Adam has no silver age version for Pariah to turn him into.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Black Adam is Earth S.

All the characters Pariah sends to worlds were from Earth 1. Hawkgirl Earth 2.
    Irrelevant, as Adam has no silver age stories. Also, Hawkgirl is Earth-0 (the post-Crisis DC universe otherwise known as both New Earth and Prime Earth), Kendra first appeared in JSA in the 2000s.

Quote Originally Posted by ducklord View Post
    Caveat: I kind of like Jessica.

Personally, I believe that one of the reasons that Jessica has been gently sidelined over the past few years is that her origin, ie the path she took to becoming a Green Lantern, is rather frighteningly entangled in stories and encounters that need varying degrees of retcons/reworks to make any sense, since they primarily revolve around a version of the Crime Syndicate that was at least two reboots ago.

And then there's the whole "what the heck is Sector 2814 doing with 5 Green Lanterns, anyway?" problem.
    Seven GLs actually. You forgot to account for Simon and Jo. Nine if you count Alan Scott and Keli "Teen Lantern" Quintela.

Quote Originally Posted by ducklord View Post
    It can be if it no longer makes any sense.

Exhibit B: Bart Allen. Luckily, his goofiness is part of the appeal, so he can get by a little easier with a "just go with it" attitude
    Yeah, Bart's future is tied to that of the Legion of Super-Heroes due to his cousin XS being a Legionnaire - and the Legion has rebooted at least twice since then (New 52 and Bendis), three times I think (was there a reboot in the 2000s?).

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    One of those images is a variant cover featuring the roster the JL book originally started with in 2018, the other is a generational history splash page that also showed the 2018 roster. Both Cyborg and John Stewart were briefly on the team before the former was booted from it and sent back to the Titans. John may be "dying" until the League is brought back to life, but Cyborg is seen both at the JL funeral and on Dark Crisis' cover so he's certainly not dying.

On a side note I still find it odd that Kyle's complexion is as dark as Connor Hawke's here.
    Cybprg actually left that team to go to Justice League Odyssey. He left the league to help out at Teen Titans Academy after Death Metal.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Yeah, I think DC really screwed up with the nationalities of the newer lanterns. They should be looking at international markets as a way to expand their digital presence. (Yes, I know they can't even launch their app outside the US, but they SHOULD lol)
    Now that video content is no longer there, there's nothing stopping DC Universe from launching outside the US. And yes, they should've done so by now, what's taking so long?

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    ....This isnt about live action actors, it's about the characters themselves. In the DC-verse, Diana/the Amazons are very much Greek starting out. Even her casting, is it much different from Batman being British?
    Yeah, the Amazing and MCU Spider-Men are played by British actors too, and so was Superman. The filmmakers don't restrict themselves to casting Americans.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Jessica Cruz is not rarely seen. She had an annual dedicated to her last year. She's been in cartoons. Kyle Rayner is the GL who seems to have vanished lately.
    Considering how prominent she was just a few years prior, I'd say she is in fact rarely seen in the comics these days. Kyle is a different story I'd rather not get into because it's sad.

Cybprg actually left that team to go to Justice League Odyssey. He left the league to help out at Teen Titans Academy after Death Metal.
    So he was booted from the League indeed. Not booted by the League itself, but by the actual people who decide who stays on the team and who leaves.

Yeah, she also had her own graphic novel released last year as well.

Astonishing Member

Irrelevant, as Adam has no silver age stories. Also, Hawkgirl is Earth-0 (the post-Crisis DC universe otherwise known as both New Earth and Prime Earth), Kendra first appeared in JSA in the 2000s.

The facts disagree with you on this.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Looks like Black Adam is the survivor:

Oh yeah they all totally got teleported to Earths of their own, just like Barry did.
    somehow just noticed this post lol

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    The facts disagree with you on this.
    What facts? That version of Hawkgirl is not from Earth-2.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Seven GLs actually. You forgot to account for Simon and Jo. Nine if you count Alan Scott and Keli "Teen Lantern" Quintela.
    Well I didn't count Jo, 'cause she's not (currently) a 2814 GL, nor do I count Alan and Teen Lantern (or Jade for that matter). But I did forget one... Kyle. Which, considering that I'm a charter member of HEAT, says a LOT about how he's become the forgotten man of the GL franchise.

Yeah, Bart's future is tied to that of the Legion of Super-Heroes due to his cousin XS being a Legionnaire - and the Legion has rebooted at least twice since then (New 52 and Bendis), three times I think (was there a reboot in the 2000s?).
    Not to mention that he's from the 31st century because...
    - Barry and Iris took a second honeymoon in the 31st century because...
    - Iris is actually an orphan from the 31st century, which is how she survived when...
    - Eobard Thawne killed her in the 21st century...

All of which are facts that are (apparently) no longer in play in the current DCU. Frankly, every day that Bart spends in the 21st century is another day when he should be worried about erasing himself from the timeline (again).

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post
    I definently have.

And your not required to engage in conversation on the forum.
    Snarky and rude remarks from certain posters and the never-ending toxic hate directed to creators is one of the reasons I rarely post on these boards anymore. Comic books used to be about having fun, but when people can't even bother to be civil to fellow-fans, it's time to move on to greener pastures. You're one of the better posters out here, Menacer; thank you.

That’s odd, I just got an email from amazon that says the publisher has delayed the death of the Justice League issue to the 26th of April. I wonder what happened or if they just wanted it to be closer in date to the free comic book day zero issue of Dark Crisis.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    That’s odd, I just got an email from amazon that says the publisher has delayed the death of the Justice League issue to the 26th of April. I wonder what happened or if they just wanted it to be closer in date to the free comic book day zero issue of Dark Crisis.
    Well, wasn't it originally solicited for April 19th?

That's only a one-week bump.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Well, wasn't it originally solicited for April 19th?

That's only a one-week bump.
    I agree that it’s not that big a deal, it’s just odd
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.