Page 22 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

DC really doesn't get it.

- This story is thrown out of nowhere
    - Predicable. As soon as I saw this title, my knee-jerk reaction was that they're replaced with woke counterparts
    - Fans are numb to this thing by now. Everybody and their mother knows these deaths are a set back. After this project fails miserably, they'll have to bring the originals back.

They won’t retain the old fans with this forced message that appropriates the identity of the original characters. Can't imagine they're going to get new fans either with this move. Who the hell was asking for this?
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 02-01-2022 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    Jon is 17. How old is Wallace and Crush ? I thought they were about 16 so that would put Jon in the same bracket as them.
    Can't speak for Crush but I think Wallace is about 14-15? I think he started out around 16 but got quietly de-aged a bit at some point, or maybe just written as if he were younger? Aside from Aqualad's introduction I never read any of the Damian Titans so I dunno if it was ever mentioned, and I don't recall Wallace's age being stated in Rebirth Flash either, though I just might not be remembering it.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    They won’t retain the old fans with this forced message that appropriates the identity of the original characters. Can't imagine they're going to get new fans either with this move. Who the hell was asking for this?
    Rumor says WB sees a lot of adaptation potential in the Future State roster. So I'd assume this is DC trying to storyboard some potential adaptations for film or tv.

Of course, adaptations could be made without this big event that's likely to piss off old fans and not attract new ones, but this wouldn't be the first time DC has done something everybody else recognizes as a mistake. And who knows, it might even be good. We shouldn't make any real judgements based on solicits. And no I don't think it'll be good but we'll find out soon enough.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbite883 View Post
    "What if after the Justice League dies, a new team full of new characters suddenly appeared to possibly become the new premier super-team. But then, at the end of the first issue it was revealed that they were really the Injustice League in disguise . . .

Nah, no one would go for that."

Yeah, well, given the fact that is how The Thunderbolts got started....it'll seem like a copy of their plot and story.

What if DC did just that but with a bunch of villains who were ligitimately trying to turn over a new leaf from the start such as:

Deathstroke
    Black Adam
    Rampage
    Pied Piper
    Silver Swan(Vanessa)
    Harley Quinn(because you know DC will demand her for sales sake)
    Fatality
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Dan DiDio always wins. The Justice League dying is proof of that. Sounds just like something he'd do in 5G.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Dan DiDio always wins. The Justice League dying is proof of that. Sounds just like something he'd do in 5G.
    But . . . are they really going to be "dead"?

And will it turn out they just get better after a little while?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

After 30 years of reading comics, I can conclude that the original Justice League will definitely stay dead permanently. For sure. No question about it.

Howabout use the YJ team as the fill in JL, but instead of filling the shoes from the dead leaguers, they can't cut it,wouldn't that be a interesting twist. A team actually failing to take over.

Then throw them on earth 3,where there is no one to help them or save them. They have to find away to survive, and maybe actually get better.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    After 30 years of reading comics, I can conclude that the original Justice League will definitely stay dead permanently. For sure. No question about it.
    Don't bet any money on that, because you would surely lose.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

That's a really good question , are they really going to be "dead" ? The JL will lose this battle, and the one that "survives " will tell Earth that the JL is "dead" . But maybe not ? I've been reading comics since the early 90's and I think that it would be good to give the JL a long break like Marvel did with Fantastic Four .
    What will happen with the solo books, will they continue ? I'm thinking that they'll have to. As Batman/Bruce & Family probably accounts for almost 50% of their sales I would think.
    As for me , I have no interest in "new generation " replacements . I would be out until the originals come back.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKryptonMan View Post
    As for me , I have no interest in "new generation " replacements . I would be out until the originals come back.
    Why ?

I collect mainly DC but also marvel and Spawn and loads of independent books...

Why must it be the OG Team all or nothing?

If a great story is being told and the art is good then why not read great stories...

Never understood this odd approach to entertainment in films, tv or comics...

Like everything was new at one point, even the OG Justice League used to be a different team in the early 90s and prior that.

Why not just support well written books

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Don't bet any money on that, because you would surely lose.
    No, as someone who read The Death of Superman and Reign of the Supermen when they came out in the 1950s, I am 100% willing to bet that the original Justice League will permanently die. I'm going to put my life savings behind this bet. I will profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post
    Why ?

If a great story is being told and the art is good then why not read great stories...

Like everything was new at one point, even the OG Justice League used to be a different team in the early 90s and prior that.

This is my opinion. I haven’t been reading DC forever so maybe I haven’t been burned by something like this before. To me, if the original Justice League is gone but you get great stories, why not give it a chance. I love Wolverine but not more then I love a great story. I’m interested in seeing what DC does.

Incredible Member

Why ?

Well actually you make some good valid points.
    I've been collecting and reading since the Death of Superman & Knightfall , so I actually enjoyed the Reign of the Supermen at the time, and didn't even know that Superman would come back when I was reading it.
    At heart I love a well written story with good art work. So really it depends on where DC really goes with this in the long run.
    I read mostly DC and Spider-Man and sometimes other Marvel books and I like Nocterra from Image .
    I actually already put in my pre-order for JL # 75 and we'll see what they do going forward.
    Maybe a mix of original and new generation would work.
    I actually really like JL Incarnate , so maybe something along those lines would be good.

Astonishing Member

It really hinges on what DC does with it. Is it a literal "death" with everyone six feet under or is it a metaphorical "death" whereby the league splits up after some event? I don't think many fans would be up for the former as it's a tired troupe/gimmick by this point. However, the latter certainly is interesting.

Astonishing Member

Why ?

Because some people just want to pick up stories featuring characters they like. And some don't like the prospect of their favourites being pushed out for the new kids on the block.

And very little being done at the big two is "new". It's the same old crap with new paint. "Oh, let's replace this character for the umpteenth time." "Let's kill off this character for the umpteenth time. "

This is likely just another plot point that was developed for 5G and was held off until it could be repurposed. You can smell the stink of Didio from it a mile off.
    Last edited by Somecrazyaussie; 02-02-2022 at 09:39 PM.