Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default How powerful is the composite FriendZoned character?

ITT. Characters who end up in the place no man can escape from. How powerful is the compositions friend zoned character?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    ITT. Characters who end up in the place no man can escape from. How powerful is the compositions friend zoned character?
    In the immortal words of Palpatine;
    UNLIMITED POWA!

Let's seeee...Jorah Mormont, Tinkerbell, Jacob Black, Snape, multiple True Blood supers...

https://www.yourtango.com/2014223890...es-film-and-tv

Oh! Namor.

Haven't the majority of individuals in fiction and real life been there at some point? I guess not people without friends in general
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Does Death in relation to Deadpool count?

Thanos in relation to Death as well, now that I think of it.

Also any male character not named Kenshiro who knew Yuria was friend zoned. Raohs fist may pierce the heavens but even he couldn't escape the friend zone.

On the female side of things, we have Boa Hancock from One Piece.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

BANNED

Never underestimate the power of FriendZone!

Didn’t Shalla-Bal put Silver Surfer in the Friend Zone for a long time? Likewise Clea with Stephen Strange?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    Also any male character not named Kenshiro who knew Yuria was friend zoned. Raohs fist may pierce the heavens but even he couldn't escape the friend zone.
    As much as I find the concept of the FriendZone distasteful, I don't think you can reasonably say that Raoh or Shin were in it. As far as I understand it, for it to count you need to have a person in love with a person who only wants friendship.

Yuria didn't seem to want friendship with Raoh or Shin. Shin was a sociopath who kidnapped her and tried to murder her boyfriend and she hated being with him so much she tried to kill herself and the most affection she ever expressed to Raoh was pitying him for how emotionally broken he was and how his destiny was tragic.

She wasn't friends with them or interested in maintaining a relationship as such. Entire armies and wars were fought in a bid to stop Raoh interacting with Yuria, that's how much she didn't want to be around him.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Didn’t Shalla-Bal put Silver Surfer in the Friend Zone for a long time? Likewise Clea with Stephen Strange?
    Clea flat-out dumped Strange for a while, mostly because he was a jerk (plus reasons). Then Strange basically dumped their marriage (after they got married) because 'responsibility' or some garbage (read: writers wanted to write other romantic stuff for Strange...other, creepy-as-**** stuff, it really wasn't a high-point in the Strange writing in many, many ways).

I don't think that really matches the entire concept of the friendzone (also, add me to the list who dislikes this term/concept, owing to it basically being code for 'I wanted sex but they just wanted a friend and I don't feel that's fair').
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 01-20-2022 at 05:53 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

I think we'd need to define what friend-zoned actually means in this context, since it's not exactly a real, scientifically defined thing. Not to mention it's probably culture specific as well. Does it have to be a character that persistently remained in this state forever or does in include characters in it temporarily?

If we're literally defining it as wanting to have a romantic relationship with someone who considers you a friend, that's like half the teen superheroes that had their solo story and secret identity (At least at some point). Yes, this includes some very potent individuals.

It definitely includes a lot of anime characters as well, which makes such a composite essentially a cosmic.

Well for most of the time, would you say Wonder Man was friend-zoned by Wanda?

Black Knight was DEFINITELY friend-zoned by Wasp, but he doesn’t add much to the power curve.

I was just taking it to mean "that group of people who feel like they're owed sex, and are upset that they're not getting it."

At which point we're probably verging on Jupiter Gorilla.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan