Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Ben has been fucked over for the last years, and despite how much Beyond made him into a chump, this is apparently the best he's been characterized in years, which, considering how much he's being a naíve dumbass, tells you how bad he had it lol.

And while ASM#86 still has him being a dumbass, he's at least realizing the whole Beyond nonsense isn't as good as he thought, so that's somethin' at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aura Blaize View Post
    Beyond fucking with Ben's memories puts a few things in perspective and explains some grievances I've had (Namely why he doesn't remember Otto). I'm curious as to where this is going. That being said, I am glad that next issue is focusing more on Peter. I think there's more at stake with him than they're letting on as well.

BR:SM was pretty....sensational. I don't remember Ben being quite as edgy back then, but it seriously fits, considering all he's been through. It seriously felt like it was 96 again. And given the fact that the Clone Saga was when I REALLY started getting into Spider-Man, that's a very good thing.
    Generally cosigned, especially since the Clone Saga was happening at the same time as TAS was first airing, which was also when I was growing up. Fun times.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SplinteringHeart View Post
    I'm surprised that you Ben Reilly fans aren't properly outraged by ASM #86!
    I'm too old and have seen too much weak/mediocre writing to get properly angry anymore. Lol.

Bear in mind, we Ben fans had no Ben for over two decades so this is better than nothing.

Beyond hasn't been good but this was at least moving forward. That's better than we've had in weeks. Doesn't make it great but does make it readable. Besides, there's still several issues left for Ben to finally get his big win.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    I'm too old and have seen too much weak/mediocre writing to get properly angry anymore. Lol.

Bear in mind, we Ben fans had no Ben for over two decades so this is better than nothing.

Beyond hasn't been good but this was at least moving forward. That's better than we've had in weeks. Doesn't make it great but does make it readable. Besides, there's still several issues left for Ben to finally get his big win.
    Is he going to win though?

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Is he going to win though?
    Ha ha. Fair point. Pete may just rock up and solve everything for him.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Ha ha. Fair point. Pete may just rock up and solve everything for him.
    Hoping they don't go that route, but I'm trying no to get my hopes up too much to spare me the heartbreak

enjoyed the first JMD issue, the art grew on me and the old skool style of inner monologuing made the comic read for longer than a minute which was nice.

idk about ben being quite this angsty at this point in his life, but whatever. if its a good story, that's a small detail i can get over.
    troo fan or death