Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeweasel View Post
    I'm going to buy 50 copies and get rich!!!
    Perfect plan .

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    I get that you're being sarcastic but that largely is the reason they think it works, #1 is far more appealing to someone new than #900 and doesn't have the immediate implication of having to find and read that mountain of back issues just to catch up.

It's a pain for us but (they believe) we're already buying and will continue to do so come hell or high water.
    At the very least, this#1 is after a major run and is changing writers, not like ANAD where we got relaunches of every comic while most of them kept the same writer.

It's still annoying to get another-nother relaunch, and I would prefer if they didn't do it, but at least there is some logic to it, even if that ultimately makes it more annoying to keep track of what volume one is talking about, but hey...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member

Come on! Wouldn't have much sense to restart it when they reach #901? I think they are making a mistake here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Come on! Wouldn't have much sense to restart it when they reach #901? I think they are making a mistake here.
    they arent including legacy numbering?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Not until it get's to 900

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    I get that you're being sarcastic but that largely is the reason they think it works, #1 is far more appealing to someone new than #900 and doesn't have the immediate implication of having to find and read that mountain of back issues just to catch up.

It's a pain for us but (they believe) we're already buying and will continue to do so come hell or high water.
    Yes...I was being sarcastic...but I also know that is the powers that be's thought process.

Amazing Member

I used to REALLY hate these constant reboots, but now I've given up buying ASM so I don't care haha.

Seriously, I was an ASM completist (since 1979) and the renumberings drove me mad but I still had to keep the collection intact. I suffered so much during the Slott years, just waiting for it to end, and then the new guy started (genuinely can't remember the name) and it was the same stuff, so I quit. Haven't bought another issue since the last #1.

HOWEVER, now I'm out of the whole system I find I don't care about the reboots, and with JRJr returning this is almost tempting. The way he draws, even Howard Mackie stories were appealing. And these previews are the first time in a decade or more I've seen a new comic that actually reads like Spider-Man. (I know it's only two pages haha.)

Anway, JRJr or not, there's no way I'm buying any single issues of ASM ever again, but after a big gap, I might be up for this in TBP. Looks great.