Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Asm #1 relaunch......again

Don't know if this has been posted...

UGH!
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...in-april-2022/

I guess it was too much to hope they keep going as is.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Yeah, it pisses me off, too. Couldn't they wait until they reached 900 before renumbering?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

Well...you know...new creative team and all...this is the new business plan. Cancel, restart, cancel, restart, cancel, restart.....LEGACY NUMBERING!!!

Astonishing Member

His "Shed" storyline is considered one of the best Spider-Man stories of all time,
    By who? I like Wells, but that story is mostly regarded as, well, terrible.

Astonishing Member

It’ll be fun to see Digger again, I guess. Even though he died pretty hard in his original arc.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    It’ll be fun to see Digger again, I guess. Even though he died pretty hard in his original arc.
    Well, Green Door...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Extraordinary Member

So close to a hundred to...

They will likely make a big deal about 900 though but still

I'm going to buy 50 copies and get rich!!!

Meh, they should've stick to the normal numbering. With so many "ASM#1" the thing gets super confusing for people who are starting their 616 Spider-Man journey. Or they could at least write on the covers the actual number and the new one marking the start of something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    Meh, they should've stick to the normal numbering. With so many "ASM#1" the thing gets super confusing for people who are starting their 616 Spider-Man journey. Or they could at least write on the covers the actual number and the new one marking the start of something new.
    I hope they continue keeping the legacy numbering also on there like they did with the current volume, and back in volume 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    I hope they continue keeping the legacy numbering also on there like they did with the current volume, and back in volume 2.
    I see no reason why they wouldn't, Venom which relaunched a similar time to ASM during Fresh Start and has just relaunched again has kept its legacy numbering on the cover the whole time.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Well...you know...new creative team and all...this is the new business plan. Cancel, restart, cancel, restart, cancel, restart.....LEGACY NUMBERING!!!
    This. Cause really Retailers need a reason to order plenty of Amazing Spider-man regardless the number on the book. *good grief*
    What the hobby really needs is the 14th iteration of ASM #1, that will be sure to bring in that new reader whose just seen the latest Spider-man film this time. Bring back that strayed reader as well. *sigh*
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeweasel View Post
    I'm going to buy 50 copies and get rich!!!
    Haha, lets not pretend that this wasn't actually a thing that we are all guilty of.

But seriously, Vol 6 #1 should be worth a fortune, right???????

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    What the hobby really needs is the 14th iteration of ASM #1, that will be sure to bring in that new reader whose just seen the latest Spider-man film this time. Bring back that strayed reader as well. *sigh*
    I get that you're being sarcastic but that largely is the reason they think it works, #1 is far more appealing to someone new than #900 and doesn't have the immediate implication of having to find and read that mountain of back issues just to catch up.

It's a pain for us but (they believe) we're already buying and will continue to do so come hell or high water.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!