Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default spiderman vs thanos

spiderman (616) vs thanos (MCU)

Fight 1 2018 Thanos no IG

Fight 2 2014 Thanos

Spidey can’t really hurt him. Once you’ve seen the “Let him have his fun.” scene from Infinity War, where he’s basically ignoring then schooling a raging Hulk, you know that there’s not a damn thing Spider-Man can do to him.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Agreed - MCU Thanos isn't all that much compared to 616 Thanos, but he's comfortably above Peter's ability to hurt.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Theoretically if Spidey could manage to shoot enough webs down Thanos' throat he might be able to cause him to asphyxiate. MCU Thanos does need to breathe.

But the chance of Peter being able to do that are very small. And of course if Thanos has the Gauntlet he could easily get rid of the webbing.
    The CBR Community Standards & Rules - Your Guide to Being a Member

Extraordinary Member

How do we feel about MCU Thanos' speed? Because this could very well be one of those matches where one side can't hurt the other and one side can't catch the other.

Not saying that it's a stalement or that Spidey wins because of it. But it could take a very long time before he gets exhausted.

Assuming this is Thanos without gems or gauntlet that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    How do we feel about MCU Thanos' speed? Because this could very well be one of those matches where one side can't hurt the other and one side can't catch the other.

Not saying that it's a stalement or that Spidey wins because of it. But it could take a very long time before he gets exhausted.

Assuming this is Thanos without gems or gauntlet that is.
    I figure this is exactly it. This match lasts as long as it takes for Peter to get tired enough to slow down, because judging by the utter lack of anything greater than 'highly skilled fighter' speed shown by Thanos in the movies, he's never, ever touching Peter before that.

But Peter isn't really going to hurt the guy, aside from maybe sticking fingers in his eyes (which, presumably, will make Thanos say 'Ow' and cover his eyes with his own fingers, no more).
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

i was just gonna say lol, Thanos is not hitting 616 spidey. the guy can't even thunderclap, so there goes that strategy.

In his perception of speed, spider-man might as well be walking around him and dodging him, i think the chance is higher that peter dies of starvation then exhaustion.

to be honest, the webhead has tussled with mightier foes in the comics. but yea, he might not be able to hurt him.

i wonder what class we would rank (mcu) thanos, surely not class 100 or 90?

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    i was just gonna say lol, Thanos is not hitting 616 spidey. the guy can't even thunderclap, so there goes that strategy.

In his perception of speed, spider-man might as well be walking around him and dodging him, i think the chance is higher that peter dies of starvation then exhaustion.
    Peter has to sleep.

i wonder what class we would rank (mcu) thanos, surely not class 100 or 90?
    The Hulk one-punches a space whale the size of a building, killing it instantly. I would put Thanos above that, and capable of eating shots like that. Maybe not forever, but Peter is in no way capable of putting out that kind of damage.

My feeling is if Thanos turtles up a little, he should be fine.

Mileage may vary.
    Why are we here?

Extraordinary Member

So Thanos will win. Eventually.

But given that Peter's a master trash talker and that it'll be insanely difficult for Thanos to get at him I'm thinking that it'll be the most frustrating and annoying kind of victory imaginable.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Agreed - MCU Thanos isn't all that much compared to 616 Thanos, but he's comfortably above Peter's ability to hurt.
    I'm pretty sure he can hurt him he can't KO him but he can hurt him.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I'm pretty sure he can hurt him he can't KO him but he can hurt him.
    What has 616 Spidey done in terms of strength feats that exceeds MCU Hulk? Because Hulk going completely apeshit didn’t really hurt Thanos.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    What has 616 Spidey done in terms of strength feats that exceeds MCU Hulk? Because Hulk going completely apeshit didn’t really hurt Thanos.
    Hasn't he hurt hulk before? To be clear I'm not saying spiderman wins this I'm just saying if he hits Thanos he is going to feel it but maybe I'm not right?

No, 616 Spidey has never hurt comics Hulk. Or if he has it’s been MASSIVE PIS and SMvFL (or SMvH in this case). Generally Spidey has managed to not die against Hulk.

The stuff comics Hulk ignores is waaaaay beyond anything Spidey can dish out.

Granted, MCU Hulk is not comic Hulk, but even in the first Avengers movie Hulk survived the fall from the Helicarrier through the roof of that factory / warehouse / whatever, immediately after being in a fight with Thor and being shot with heavy fighter jet ammunition.

Spidey is not touching that.

But Thanos beat the snot out of Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Peter has to sleep.
    I forgot about that pesky sleep thing, guess because i barely sleep

But yea how high do we rank mcu thanos?

Not stronger than people like colossus or ben grimm right?

What about grey hulk and titania level?

How many hits can thanos eat while he is getting maximum spider’d? How many hits can spiderman give him before he tires out? 4000? 5000?
    Soms hits from tom spiderman annoyed him, and yea annoying is not the same as hurting, but it might have effected him even though it was very slight.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Hasn't he hurt hulk before? To be clear I'm not saying spiderman wins this I'm just saying if he hits Thanos he is going to feel it but maybe I'm not right?
    Hr has never hurt hulk outside of annoying him, 99% of spiderman hulk fight are spidey hitting him everywhere at 40x times human speed, and dodging him, hulk getting annoyed and frusterated ,thunderclaps him and 1 shots him.

He tends to believe if he can keep the pressure on some bricks he can wear em down, like with people like carnage (though that failed).

He has taken out titania, but there was a convient cliff near by to toss her in.