Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

On the thanos hulk mcu fight. Thanos felt abit stronger, able to overpower him with some effort. But he was a way better fighter, which made it look lobsided. I would still say they are in the same ballpark but the advantage goes to thanos.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    On the thanos hulk mcu fight. Thanos felt abit stronger, able to overpower him with some effort. But he was a way better fighter, which made it look lobsided. I would still say they are in the same ballpark but the advantage goes to thanos.
    Thanos was unquestionably stronger than Hulk. He caught the guys hands and came pretty close to playing "why are you hitting yourself" with the green guy. He wasn't necessarily a massive amount stronger, but it was made abundantly clear that Thanos is stronger than Hulk. This also tracks with Thor fighting Hulk and Thanos. Thor is around Hulk's strength: they each catch blows from the other one-handed. Thor, in both fights, is kicking Hulk's ass through skill and speed, before he PISses all over himself and decides to try to grapple with the equally-ish strong being that is twice his height and 8 times his mass. This works out exactly as expected. Thanos, OTOH, more clearly overpowers Thor.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

BANNED

On whether Spidey can hurt Thanos..... You have to remember Raccoon bitch slapping Thor and getting him to shut up and stop being a crying loser. If the slap had no effect on him or just stung a bit then he would have just gone on crying and stuff but he stopped so it did register somewhat for him that is he feels the slap enough to stop and Raccoon is nowhere near Spider Mans level.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wat View Post
    On whether Spidey can hurt Thanos..... You have to remember Raccoon bitch slapping Thor and getting him to shut up and stop being a crying loser. If the slap had no effect on him or just stung a bit then he would have just gone on crying and stuff but he stopped so it did register somewhat for him that is he feels the slap enough to stop and Raccoon is nowhere near Spider Mans level.
    Feels the slap doesn't mean the slap does any damage at all. Getting slapped by a Build-a-Bear was likely pretty shocking for the extremely emotionally distressed Thor. Also, calling him a crying loser... not showing the most sensitive side of yourself there, FWIW.

In addition, Thor has literally taken a hit from an enraged Hulk armed with a giant mallet, knocking him 50 meters back and through a massively thick wall, and all it did was get him ready to fight. He flew through a giant spaceship that no-sold entry into Earth's atmosphere and crash-landing without a scratch, destroying it easily. He hit the ground after falling out of the helicarrier in the Hulk room, without a scratch. Rocket having any effect on him at all is more SMvFL than anything else.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post

The Hulk one-punches a space whale the size of a building, killing it instantly. I would put Thanos above that, and capable of eating shots like that. Maybe not forever, but Peter is in no way capable of putting out that kind of damage.
    Is this the scene in the first Avengers? Because he didn't kill that whale. He stopped/flipped it over and busted its armour whereupon Tony killed it with a missile.

I mean he still completely arrested the momentum of a thing the size of a building, but he's not the one who made it explode.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands