Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast
    BANNED

Does this mean that in is being put on a bus again? Wonder how Wells is going to sell that. Perhaps he will introduce a new love interest.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    I may get a lot of flak for this but what the hell. I don't like Peter-MJ pairing. Aside from Mayday being a possibility there is nothing I find interesting about it. To me there is nothing more boring than civilian love interest/emotional support/waiting for her man to come home type deals in comics. I'd prefer Black Cat, Silk or Mockingbird 10 times to MJ so I'd be happy if this completely seperated Peter and MJ but I know that won't be the case. Instead it will be the will they won't they stuff writers and editorial love so much.

Well......It's a good thing that you're just part of the minority.

No....Mary Jane is not boring
    like some already said, she can rather exciting and interesting love interest
    she was more than just emotional support/waiting for her man to come home

I definitely don't want Peter and Jane to be completely separated
    I even miss their marriage
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wat View Post
    Does this mean that in is being put on a bus again? Wonder how Wells is going to sell that. Perhaps he will introduce a new love interest.
    If he does introduce a love interest, it's not going to last
    nobody can compare to Mary Jane
    she is THE iconic love interest of Spider-Man/Peter Parker
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    Well......It's a good thing that you're just part of the minority.

No....Mary Jane is not boring
    like some already said, she can rather exciting and interesting love interest
    she was more than just emotional support/waiting for her man to come home

I definitely don't want Peter and Jane to be completely separated
    I even miss their marriage
    I was fine with their marriage until Quasada came and screwed that up. But ever since then it's the same will they won't they, he's about to propose but she has to go, he's about to propose but bad guys need punchin and now he's in a coma etc. At this point I'm just tired of it. It ain't worth it if the dynamic will be same pre OMD. The only way I'd be interested in marvel making them a married couple again is if writers play with their dynamic dramatically like DC did with Clark and Lois when they introduced Jon (come on Bendis why did you have to age him up). But we all know they won't do that because then they need to make Peter older and a father which is a big no no for editorial. Hence Mayday remains an alt. universe thing.

I was fine with their marriage until Quasada came and screwed that up. But ever since then it's the same will they won't they, he's about to propose but she has to go, he's about to propose but bad guys need punchin and now he's in a coma etc. At this point I'm just tired of it. It ain't worth it if the dynamic will be same pre OMD. The only way I'd be interested in marvel making them a married couple again is if writers play with their dynamic dramatically like DC did with Clark and Lois when they introduced Jon (come on Bendis why did you have to age him up). But we all know they won't do that because then they need to make Peter older and a father which is a big no no for editorial. Hence Mayday remains an alt. universe thing.
    So what makes you think Peter's relationship with anyone else will be any different?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    So what makes you think Peter's relationship with anyone else will be any different?
    To be honest nothing. Peter is just never been in a serious relationship with someone to the extent she's been with MJ (alt. universes aside) and I want to see that explored in main continuity which is why I'd love to see Peter and Felicia together. They are so different when it comes to their personality yet similar with the way they live their lives. People say she is very toxic and just loves the mask which isn't true anymore. Then they say she's a thief which is what makes this pairing so interesting. But I know marvel will never let Peter have a serious romance with any character be it MJ or Felicia or whoever. Call me a pessimist but at this point I just want Peter to be cleansed from all the relationship drama that the writers milked for how many years now. Except with Johnny, I love their bromance.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Marvel did the Pete/Felicia story back in the 80's and showed why it wouldn't work. Heck, even now they keep showing why they wouldn't work almost every time they team up. They're very different people with very different outlooks who want very different things.

Do you see a moment, like Pete unmasking for JJJ, that would fundamentally change their dynamic and make then view each other differently?

What about Silk's character suggests she'd be an interesting love interest?

It sounds like you want to see Peter having a partner both in and out of costume so I'm interested in what you think that would add.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Marvel did the Pete/Felicia story back in the 80's and showed why it wouldn't work. Heck, even now they keep showing why they wouldn't work almost every time they team up. They're very different people with very different outlooks who want very different things.

Do you see a moment, like Pete unmasking for JJJ, that would fundamentally change their dynamic and make then view each other differently?

What about Silk's character suggests she'd be an interesting love interest?

It sounds like you want to see Peter having a partner both in and out of costume so I'm interested in what you think that would add.
    I just want something other than MJ. Michelinie wed them in 1987 and OMD happened in 2007. That's 20 years to tell stories and now many want them married again because OMD was ****. I'm willing to bet if they got seperated because of personal issues rather than intervention by literal satan people would be more willing to move on.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

MJ is the future no other way around it

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    MJ is the future no other way around it
    Add Mayday to the mix and I'm game otherwise meh.

I just want something other than MJ. Michelinie wed them in 1987 and OMD happened in 2007. That's 20 years to tell stories and now many want them married again because OMD was ****. I'm willing to bet if they got seperated because of personal issues rather than intervention by literal satan people would be more willing to move on.
    I think part of the issue is that Peter and MJ overcame so much together and came back from a lot (which was conveyed effectively in JMS' run) that it would be harder to really write something to naturally break them up.

BND and Slott's run had ample time to develop new love interests but none of them landed.

MJ knew Spider's identity from AF #15. MJ was part of the original college five (Peter, MJ, Gwen, Harry, Flash). She was friends with Peter's first love, she was friends with two of his best friends. MJ kept her secrets just like Peter, she only told her secrets to Peter. Together they survived Venom, Harry's breakdown, the clone saga, the death of their daughter, the post-clone saga, MJ kidnapping, Straczynski's run, OMD, the Kindred saga, Harry's death. And this is a small part of what they experienced together. You can think of 1000 Peter's love interests, but none of them will be like Mary Jane. It's impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanos View Post
    MJ knew Spider's identity from AF #15. MJ was part of the original college five (Peter, MJ, Gwen, Harry, Flash). She was friends with Peter's first love, she was friends with two of his best friends. MJ kept her secrets just like Peter, she only told her secrets to Peter. Together they survived Venom, Harry's breakdown, the clone saga, the death of their daughter, the post-clone saga, MJ kidnapping, Straczynski's run, OMD, the Kindred saga, Harry's death. And this is a small part of what they experienced together. You can think of 1000 Peter's love interests, but none of them will be like Mary Jane. It's impossible.
    Yet none of this stopped marvel from pulling the plug on their marriage and 15 years after that I don't wanna return to it unless marvel is willing to take the next step and let spider-man be a spider-dad. If not then I'm 99.9% sure it'll be the same old "Norman is alive and he's coming, MJ is kidnapped I gotta save him, this is a lot so let's break up for some time to process this" you know the rest.

Yet none of this stopped marvel from pulling the plug on their marriage and 15 years after that I don't wanna return to it unless marvel is willing to take the next step and let spider-man be a spider-dad. If not then I'm 99.9% sure it'll be the same old "Norman is alive and he's coming, MJ is kidnapped I gotta save him, this is a lot so let's break up for some time to process this" you know the rest.

Spider-Man will always be more of the same. At least I'd be able to smile again when reading the book if they brought the marriage back as opposed to rolling my eyes at the pathetic attempts to replace her.

Although, the only one acceptable to in my mind to have another romance would be Black Cat before they brought back MJ and Peter for good. Even then, it's not something that I'd be 100% down for, it would jut get me to sort of be ok with it a little bit. And even then, I'd only be ok with it if they did point out the problems with them and didn't try to give her a "replace MJ" role in Peter's life. Anyone else is really not interesting to me at all.
    Last edited by Vortex85; 01-24-2022 at 10:34 AM.

Add Mayday to the mix and I'm game otherwise meh.
    My thoughts as well. At this point, I feel it is time to move beyond MJ if Editorial will not allow their relationship to evolve (settle down, have kids, maybe have her become a superhero or at least a support person like in the recent games/animated shows, etc.) This merry-go-round of "will they won't they" is beyond boring for me.
    Last edited by Celgress; 01-24-2022 at 10:40 AM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."