Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Obligatory eye roll aside, I'll give this a read to see how it's handled and if anything interesting can come from it.

I switched back to just buying the trades with Spencer's run and I'll pass on buying Beyond. If Wells has something good up his sleeve, I'll start buying again.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

What was the point of Spencer’s entire run??? Literally ended showing even the devil could never break Peter and MJ apart, and now they’re already breaking up again. Still super excited for this run and optimistic, but I will be said if Pete and MJ are done again in a way that they can’t quickly reconcile with each other.

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    Technically, Ock wants to destroy Peter the most
    I wonder what motivation Ock has for wanting to destroy Peter in this. I know a lot of specific memory has been wiped from Ocks mind, but Peter has been his ally more often then his enemy recently (although Ock wouldn’t know how Ben isn’t Peter, even though he read through his files which should very likely reveal Ben’s identity to Ock.)

Astonishing Member

Peter is skipping leg day again I see

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I doubt they're broken up, broken up but I wouldn't be surprised if they opt to write MJ out of the book again. Slott basically went on record a while ago that the reason he barely used MJ was because of the no marriage mandate and he knew by having them become a couple again it would immediately create this false expectation.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Astonishing Member

Are the previews out?

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

no but feels like a fake out to get people to buy

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    • The best couple in comics is done?
    They're splitting up Lois and Clark again? Bastards!
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    They're splitting up Lois and Clark again? Bastards!
    It is kind of a joke to call them the best couple in comics when they haven’t shown us a reason they are since the marriage years.

Marvel riding on Peter/MJ nostalgia of way back when they had memorable times together.

Hot take: The only time Peter and MJ have been excellent was during their marriage, outside of that, not so much. Current writers need to go look at what Michelinie, Conway, DeMatteis, DeFalco did in the late 80s and 90s Amazing and Spectacular runs for how to write these two.
    Last edited by Vortex85; 01-20-2022 at 07:10 AM.

Amazing Member

Since there is a question mark instead of a period or exclamation point maybe it is a fake out.

Quote Originally Posted by vhm74 View Post
    I wish disappointed people would answer with their wallets, but of course I'll not happen
    Clone saga shows that disappointment makes fans answer with their wallets even harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyspideyfan View Post
    What was the point of Spencer’s entire run??? Literally ended showing even the devil could never break Peter and MJ apart, and now they’re already breaking up again.
    Maybe it's something above Mephisto break them up

Anyways, if this break up is happening for real and isn't a bait, well, Zeb Wells, I'm not surprised.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Hot take: The only time Peter and MJ have been excellent was during their marriage, outside of that, not so much. Current writers need to go look at what Michelinie, Conway, DeMatteis, DeFalco did in the late 80s and 90s Amazing and Spectacular runs for how to write these two.
    That's not a hot take in my book, more like 100% truth.

BANNED

MJ and Peter split puts this on my try before buy list. In the comics industry has demonstrated time and time again that they don't deserve blind faith. Not one single creator is above being messed with and having their story ruined or just to know telling an extremely bad story.

If he's going to split Pete and MJ, I am gonna stay in a long term relationship with my money
    Last edited by MisterC; 01-20-2022 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Not much of a hot take to be fair, at least in 616, before the marriage there wasn't much to their relationship, only Conway really decided to develop them somewhat, and, while it was less dramatic than the relationships with Betty and Gwen, still was just okay at best, and after Conway, the relationship with MJ generally followed the same generic clichés of a Spidey story where Spidey has to run off only for MJ to be confused and annoyed at him leaving, but I think there was less drama when compared to Betty and Gwen anyways, it did improve after MJ reveals she knows he's Spider-Man, but Marvel was in this weird cycle where they keep saying MJ doesn't love him romanically in one comic, only to say she does in another, (Was clearly a different writer kind of thing, and funnily enough, not the first time it happens, in Wolfman's run on ASM we had MJ not wanting to be with Peter while early Spectacular has her saying she does and giving some explanation why she rejects him, and that repeating post the reveal that MJ knows Peter is Spidey, but between ASM and Web of Spidey), so the relationship didn't develop that much besides teases until the marriage happened.

The non-marriage competitions with the marriage are all from other universes, and the most major ones I can think of are 90's cartoon, Ultimate, Raimi's movies and MCU, and what I remember of 90's cartoon and Raimi's movies had the relationship be pretty boring because MJ herself was boring, MCU has the relationship being pretty chaste and basic, though Michelle does have a decent enough chemistry with Peter by romance standards (Which are low), Ultimate had probably the strongest competiton between "non married PeterxMJ and married PeterxMJ", and while MJ is a a pretty good confidant and is her own character, I don't remember how well written the relationship was, but at least, I don't remember rolling my eyes at it, which is a good enough sign that maybe it wasn't mediocre lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Are the previews out?
    Solicitations are, yes. I assume that's what you meant.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman