Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I doubt this was Zeb Wells’ doing. Probably editorial meddling again. They’d kill off MJ if they could get away with it.
    Joe Quesada and his ilk at Marvel wanting to keep Peter Parker in his late teens or early 20's and keep Spiderman completely stuck in the 1960's with no growth and no change. More than likely Zeb thinks Joe Quesada is the best thing since sliced bread and that "One More Day" is the most innovative Spider-Man Story ever written. The self worship with some of these writers and the desire to take comics back to the 1960's just makes me upset.

Fine give Jed Mackay a new ongoing with Felicia Hardy and Mary Jane Watson leaving New York City together and never crossing over again with Spider-Man.

At least we have an ongoing for Silk and Spider-Woman to counter this crap that they keep piling on Spider-Man over and over.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Even if bait it's just frustrating to see them resort to this tired and boring trope of constantly on/off and will they/won't they with Peter and MJ. Regardless of the outcome the solicit itself is boring and frustrating to see and doesn't make me excited about things to come if this is their idea of getting attention to the book.

Hopefully in the future, when looking back, writers can look at the different eras of Peter/MJ's relationship and see this era as a case study in WHAT NOT TO DO with their "best couple in comics".

The only reason they have anything close to a "best couple in comics" with the two is because of the marriage era where they shared a life together and went through real world struggles and triumphs together facing both superheroic and ordinary and we weren't constantly force fed the stories that are just teasing that type of status quo.
    The unfortunate truth is that, this is partially to blame on fans, because people are stupid enough to be more interested in "will they or won't they?" nonsense than relationships themselves, which's a big reason why romance is mostly trash.

Of course, even if it's partially the fans' fault, most of it still goes to Marvel itself, for relying on such things instead of actually trying to do decent writing.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I read the comics where they were together. They never really showcased that togetherness to me.

Literally every other form of media did it better.
    How? Adaptations generally butcher MJ's personality, which removes most of the chemistry she has with Peter, how the hell does other media tend to do better? I can only think of PS4 Spidey doing it well, even if I don't care about MJ being a reporter.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 01-20-2022 at 10:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    The unfortunate truth is that, this is partially to blame on fans, because people are stupid enough to be more interested in "will they or won't they?" nonsense than relationships themselves, which's a big reason why romance is mostly trash.

Of course, even if it's partially the fans' fault, most of it still goes to Marvel itself, for relying on such things instead of actually trying to do decent writing.

How? Adaptations generally butcher MJ's personality, which removes most of the chemistry she has with Peter, how the hell does other media tend to do better? I can only think of PS4 Spidey doing it well, even if I don't care about MJ being a reporter.
    I like the Video Game universe where MJ runs operations for Peter so they are actually working together as a team.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Joe Quesada and his ilk at Marvel wanting to keep Peter Parker in his late teens or early 20's and keep Spiderman completely stuck in the 1960's with no growth and no change. More than likely Zeb thinks Joe Quesada is the best thing since sliced bread and that "One More Day" is the most innovative Spider-Man Story ever written. The self worship with some of these writers and the desire to take comics back to the 1960's just makes me upset.
    I doubt that's even Quesada's doing, it doesn't seem that he cares about whether or not Peter or MJ are together, they just can't be married, he let Spencer put Peter and MJ together again in his run.

So yeah, I don't think it's Quesada in any way, just Zeb Wells lol.

Fine give Jed Mackay a new ongoing with Felicia Hardy and Mary Jane Watson leaving New York City together and never crossing over again with Spider-Man.
    And risk having MJ work for Stark again? Pass .

At least we have an ongoing for Silk and Spider-Woman to counter this crap that they keep piling on Spider-Man over and over.
    Wouldn't really considering Spider-Woman a positive, it's pretty meh... If Jessica stopped making bad jokes that makes MCU's humor look alright, it'd be more tolerable lol.

Although, the scene in the most recent issue where spoilers:
    Veranke returns
    end of spoilers was kinda chilling.

I like the Video Game universe where MJ runs operations for Peter so they are actually working together as a team.
    It's probably the one video game universe where MJ was an actual character, I just don't care much about the reporter angle, but hey, she's alright otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Amazing Member

I read the comics where they were together. They never really showcased that togetherness to me.
    Same here.

Astonishing Member

Isn’t that his most endearing quality: being an everyman? Everyone knows that being an every man means untold suffering and being jerked around by everyone else in your life.
    Actually NO. Peter’s most endearing quality is Spider-Man to him is a job and not a way of life. Too many superheroes have become 24/7 crime fighters and have no life outside their job and the superhero community.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kanos View Post
    Is this a bait or a joke? Sorry, but this is not funny.
    I liked them in Ultimate Spider-Man, TAS, MCU, the video games,…but I’ve never really been impressed by the mainline interpretation.

Twitter´s already having a field day with this from what I´ve seen lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Yeah, brain fart. Also, the two threads about this subject should be merged
    Agreed.

P.S. I would be a petty bitch and go ¨I MADE A THREAD ABOUT THIS FIRST¨ but that´s beneath me :P

Can´t wait for the introduction of Madelyn Stacy, Gwen Stacy´s super secret twin sister who was separated at birth who´s going to be Peter´s new love interest. The House of Ideas, everyone!

This is rather disappointing. It took like ten years to see them back together and now it's off again?

I hope it has something to do with this mystery arc and it's reversed quickly.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    Can´t wait for the introduction of Madelyn Stacy, Gwen Stacy´s super secret twin sister who was separated at birth who´s going to be Peter´s new love interest. The House of Ideas, everyone!
    Please don’t even joke about this.

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    ¨But what about Jill?¨, someone askes, and I say to that ¨What about Jill?¨

...then again, they are into the Betty and Veronica crap, so...

oh no.

Please don’t even joke about this.
    I am choosing violence today out of pure retaliation. Just remember that Marvel forced me to do this

I guess I'm not surprised knowing Wells was in the Brain Trust, was one of the big BND writers, and doesn't seem to write MJ that well.

It's still disappointing and will probably come off super contrived, especially after Spencer's run, but there's nothing I can do about it other than voting with my dollar.

Any bets that Wells will try to throw in the umpteenth new love interest who will probably fade into limbo after the run is finished?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    You're an idiot and dont know what you are talking about
    That kind of language will not be tolerated here.
    I don't like Spider-Man with a "guy in the chair."
    I liked them in Ultimate Spider-Man, TAS, MCU, the video games,…but I’ve never really been impressed by the mainline interpretation.
    I see all of these as being fairly reflective of their dynamic and relationships in the mainline comics, but that's just me.