Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I liked them in Ultimate Spider-Man, TAS, MCU, the video games,…but I’ve never really been impressed by the mainline interpretation.
    Your opinion is your opinion, of course.

But it’s hard for someone who has read Kraven’s Last Hunt, for just one example, to express this even as a joke.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    Agreed.

P.S. I would be a petty bitch and go ¨I MADE A THREAD ABOUT THIS FIRST¨ but that´s beneath me :P
    Just checked and you did make your's first.The title threw me off

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Just checked and you did make your's first.The title threw me off
    Lol, yeah understandable. I don´t really care either way tho

Is this going to play into MJ wearing a Spider-Suit that Timeless teased?

Mighty Member

Someone had to have been amused when they put the solicitations together and noticed the issue 2 copy and the Wedding Album solicit. Probably had to fight the urge to put them back to back
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by A Maze Thing View Post
    900 will be Peter moving in with Aunt May again.
    But au t May is mad at Peter

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    But au t May is mad at Peter
    Watch him set up a tent near Uncle Ben´s grave.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    Your opinion is your opinion, of course.

But it’s hard for someone who has read Kraven’s Last Hunt, for just one example, to express this even as a joke.
    Thank you for name dropping the most overrated Spider-Man story ever with his most underwhelming villain ever.

EDIT: Sorry I get triggered whenever people say that Kraven is good character.
    Last edited by PCN24454; 01-20-2022 at 12:14 PM.

Mighty Member

Thank you for name dropping the most overrated Spider-Man story ever with his most underwhelming villain ever.
    Perhaps they are having Peter burn all his bridges so Marvel could have a death of Peter Parker storyline just in case Marvel loses that lawsuit

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGoji View Post
    Same here.
    I agree. I will say that their relationship was tolerable under Jim Salicrup’s editorship, but once Danny Fingeroth came back on board, outside of maybe the DeMatteis/Buscema Spectacular run, it was terrible. Mary Jane was constantly complaining that Peter was Spider-Man, and when she wasn’t doing that she was developing a smoking habit that became a major storyline in the books (they even had blurbs about it on the cover.) The post-clone saga era had her going to school for psychology and being jealous of Jill Stacy. Then she made Peter quit being Spider-Man and he had to run around and hide his superheroing from her until she perished in a plane crash.
    I think a lot of the marriage love is rose colored nostalgia and/or conflating her character with the Mary character in the Ultimate book

Fantastic Member

EDIT: Sorry I get triggered whenever people say that Kraven is good character.
    I love Kraven’s Last Hunt as a storyline, but rereading the story it is clear that it was plotted and penciled before they knew Peter and MJ were getting married (as they are living in separate apartments) There’s a thrown in line about eventually moving into together but it’s just funny to me when pro-marriage people bring that story up to bolster their case.

Mighty Member

Out of curiosity...when it comes to being married or dating limiting storylines...other than being able to sleep around, what storylines simply can not happen with Peter in a stable relationship?

Quote Originally Posted by RJT View Post
    I love Kraven’s Last Hunt as a storyline, but rereading the story it is clear that it was plotted and penciled before they knew Peter and MJ were getting married (as they are living in separate apartments) There’s a thrown in line about eventually moving into together but it’s just funny to me when pro-marriage people bring that story up to bolster their case.
    Regardless...

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Peter could not look more disinterested on that cover.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

So I'm Pro-Marriage but at this point, I'm also not a masochist. lol

What was it that MJ said in No Way Home? "Expect the worst and you can't be disappointed." Marvel seems perfectly fine at committing to them being the endgame in AU stories and even adaptations but they've clearly dug in their heels in the mainline comic and frankly I just can't care anymore.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.