Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Meh, despite of how bad it was, I don't think it was any worse than Wolfman's last years in the franchise.
    I'll take Deathwing over Bar-tor every time.

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    I'll take Deathwing over Bar-tor every time.
    Both can die for me.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Tim and Cass hade sex (or were heavily implied to have had sex) and then it was revealed that Tim's mind was being messed with/manipulated by Trigon at the time. This made a lot of people uncomfortable because Tim wasn't really himself at the time and thus might not have been in a position to consent. Cassie was also unaware of it at the time as well. Oh and Raven was apparently listening in on them at the time, which made it even creepier.
    And it got worse. Tim was also shown macking with Solstice for some reason only two pages before hand, and this issue, being dialogued by Fabian Nicieza, made it clear that something was very wrong with Tim, making the rape charge seem more and more likely, and probably tied into the Joker doing something in Death of the Family.

Add in that 1) the apparent Red X storyline that was teased by these events was replaced with a very inconsistent and cliched Trigon story that took forever to get going and involved about three other plot points that disappeared for no reason, 2) the Wondergirl and Red Robin pairing has a vocal hatedom, and that 3) this was Tim Drake having sex with Cassie (which goes against his old chaste hero image, and to certain dark corners of the Internet, their favorite rumor about his preferences) and that apparently Lobdell felt it was important to imply it had happened before and helpfully reminded the reader again with an editor's note in the next issue.

And all that to try and throw in some drama to a relationship between massively retooled characters who were also both underage. Yeah, it was probably the first major wall banger of the series.

Lobdell seems rather oblivious with sex themes in general. Add that obliviousness to a group of teens and this is what you get.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    And it got worse. Tim was also shown macking with Solstice for some reason only two pages before hand, and this issue, being dialogued by Fabian Nicieza, made it clear that something was very wrong with Tim, making the rape charge seem more and more likely, and probably tied into the Joker doing something in Death of the Family.

Add in that 1) the apparent Red X storyline that was teased by these events was replaced with a very inconsistent and cliched Trigon story that took forever to get going and involved about three other plot points that disappeared for no reason, 2) the Wondergirl and Red Robin pairing has a vocal hatedom, and that 3) this was Tim Drake having sex with Cassie (which goes against his old chaste hero image, and to certain dark corners of the Internet, their favorite rumor about his preferences) and that apparently Lobdell felt it was important to imply it had happened before and helpfully reminded the reader again with an editor's note in the next issue.

And all that to try and throw in some drama to a relationship between massively retooled characters who were also both underage. Yeah, it was probably the first major wall banger of the series.
    Quite honestly, I don't mind the Tim/Cassie pairing. I also don't mind them having sex. However, I do have a HUGE problem with how it was handled in this book.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Lobdell seems rather oblivious with sex themes in general. Add that obliviousness to a group of teens and this is what you get.
    Well yeah there's real life proof of that.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    It's great if you got some enjoyment out of the book, but I think you are going to have a hard time convincing many here that it was even "decent". I would say for me it was one of the worst 5 written DC ongoings I've ever read (and that goes way back). Not all of that is Lobdell's fault, editorial and the DC higher ups deserve some blame for a flawed premise, but this writing was offensively bad. The dialogue is simply terrible, from another era and not even a good representation of that era. Plotlines that were introduced and vanished. Plotlines that didn't vanish, but were wrapped up in unsatisfactory ways. Fan favorite characters treated poorly in a cavalier way. I literally think I could walk down to the bus stop right now, pick someone at random and they could write a better comic book. This issue is the end of a long march
    Oh I'm not trying to convince people. I simply had some enjoyment because I didn't read too much into it, I knew that characters change all the time so even if I did have a connection, it was like eh they are fictional characters and people have the right to write them however they like. I just enjoy comicbooks for what they are and I know the writing and the plots were just meh. However to me compared to all the economic readings, the novels and all the books that I read, it is just nice to have something mindless you know.

I agree the whole Cassie Tim doing it the first time was handled in a not so good fashion but I still liked the couple in the book and I guess I didn't read too much into that scene until I saw everyone's reaction to it on here. I'm not trying to convince people to like it or to find some redeeming factor. If they don't like, they don't like it and that's cool but I enjoyed a lot of it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Skitter finally returns to the team - and it's perfect timing, because the Teen Titans are going to need all the power they can muster in this final battle against the man known as Harvest! Plus, the team must deal with the staggering betrayal by one of their own!

Full article here.
    Ummmmmmm...who betrayed them?

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    No characters were ruined except Bart
    I'd say Solstice was as well.

BANNED

I'm just glad that this joke of a run is finally over.