Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

After a few months of not so much exciment for me, April will deliver! These solicitations are on fire, all new books look interesting. Excited to read all. I just have to be pacient now.

If Gillen brings the quality he is delivering in Eternals, Immortal X-men is going to be phenomenal. Loved the cover and seeing Selene.

X-men Red with double shipping is everything for me. Let's make the book start with a bang. Excited to see how Al will deal with all these many characters and plots, because he is certainly capable. Happy he is in a title with X-men in it, I think he'll get more attention now. Excited for Storm, Cable, Magneto, Sunspot, Vulcan, Brand and the Sword characters. Yes, everyone!

X-men by Duggan is hard to get excited by the solicitations. March's issue looked great with the Orchis cover. This one looks boring and another filler issue focusing on a character with lazy characterization, as he did in the Polaris focused issue. I really hope I'm wrong and he gets Laura right and also moves the plot of this slow book. Cool to finally see Lady Deathstrike in this era.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Also very true. As for control i meant she could theoretically cut into it's feeding supply given her own powers. If she does that she could essentially starve it to a point where krakoa has no choice but to lash out.
    Can't slow your feeding rate if Selene has already fed on and killed every mutant on the island. And I would not put it past her.
    Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    Selene and Maddie
    Council and Limbo
    Yesh qweens!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    Mmmmm so is Emplate, and he didn't side with nazis or killed his most loyal subordinates like Selene with Eli Bard. She even betrayed the Externals and broke Krakoa kill no man law recently.
    Not too familiar with all of that, but, as a character who has lived for thousands of years and is one of the oldest mutants ever i think there is a lot of story potential to work off of with Selene.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    In for the following:

X-Men Red
    Legion of X (even though I ended up dropping Way of X)
    Giant Size: Thunderbird
    Marauders
    Immortal X-Men
    X-Men
    New Mutants
    Sabretooth
    This is my exact list haha. Seeing the bright side of saving money over the next 3 months cause the X-Office is going to own my wallet in April.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Not too familiar with all of that, but, as a character who has lived for thousands of years and is one of the oldest mutants ever i think there is a lot of story potential to work off of with Selene.
    I honestly think that Maddy would be much more trustworthy, and bring much more drama.

Getting everything but Carol, X-Force, Wolverine, Patch and Thunderbird. But I'll probably read Thunderbird anyway, if I see it get good reviews here. I like how X-Men Red isn't the only book tackling Arakko lore, so that's pretty neat. Also, "Kicking off with a hunt for a missing Arakkii god" = time traveling Hellion theory confirmed, maybe.

I'm looking forward to living the pre-Hellfire Gala life, when I had 2-3 books to read every week.
    2024: The Year of Hellion

April is lit. That Marauders cover is amazing and Selene coming for a QC seat? Give me all that drama!

I'm pretty much getting everything.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

That is Lady Deatstrike on that X-Men cover, right?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    X-men by Duggan is hard to get excited by the solicitations. March's issue looked great with the Orchis cover. This one looks boring and another filler issue focusing on a character with lazy characterization, as he did in the Polaris focused issue. I really hope I'm wrong and he gets Laura right and also moves the plot of this slow book. Cool to finally see Lady Deathstrike in this era.
    It would be nice to get consistent plot, but I think it's still monster of the week. I hate to have any expectations here, maybe he seen comments and tries harder with her characterization.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Yes, that should be her

I think I'll get Marauders, X-Men Red and Immortal for sure, despite my better knowledge I might get X-Men, LoX and KoX I'll need to see reviews first.
    Rest is hard pass.
    Last edited by Rakurai; 01-20-2022 at 08:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Yeah. Rematch of their fight in Messiah Complex I guess.

God that scene where Logan, Laura and the rest of the newly formed X-Force unit comes to Cable and baby Hope’s aid against Deathstrike and the Reavers was so great.

Immortal X-Men
    X-Men
    X-Men Red

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    It would be nice to get consistent plot, but I think it's still monster of the week. I hate to have any expectations here, maybe he seen comments and tries harder with her characterization.
    I have no faith whatsoever. In fact I'm sure Deathstrike will completely forget she and Laura have ever met (including Laura kicking her ass the first time, that they were on a team together in Wolverines, and that Laura pretty much saved her ass when the Orphans of X came for them).

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Yeah. Rematch of their fight in Messiah Complex I guess.

God that scene where Logan, Laura and the rest of the newly formed X-Force unit comes to Cable and baby Hope’s aid against Deathstrike and the Reavers was so great.
    I doubt it will even be mentioned, if he couldn't bother to run a five second Google search about X vs. Taskmaster for Devil's Reign. In fact, I bet the fight will be triggered when Yuriko impales Synch and Laura loses her ****, and Duggan will unironically think he's doing something unique with her character that's never been seen before.

Are those Donald Pierce clones on the Wolverine cover? I'm getting the feeling the explanation for Danger's absence is going to be some creep keeping her captive. Again.

kinda in love with these variants

Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Selene HAS TO BE on the council. It will be so much fun!!!

Although I think she has really no place there at all.

---

Immortal X-Men and X-Men Red sound like heaven to me! Wished my fave Jean Grey would be part of one of those books and not stuck with boring (but beautfiul) X-Men........
    Last edited by Exodus; 01-20-2022 at 11:42 AM.