Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Excited for X-Men Red, New Mutants and Immortal X-Men. I missed Selene, she's always fun.

The council did need more "experience" now that Apocalypse has left and with only Exodus as representing ancient mutants.

I'll continue to pick up X-Men until the cast shake-up, then see where things fall from there. 92' I'll pick up, not too familiar with Foxe, hope he can write the team well since wasn't too fond of the last series.

I know I'm getting New Mutants and I'm probably going to get both Red and Immortal. Marauders is contingent upon what I think of the annual.

The rest get a "no" for now. I have enough questions over whether I'd want to spend the money on them that I don't want to invest in opening arcs this time around.

I thought Selene was already on the Quiet Council.

Astonishing Member

I've definitely been ready for Selene to get more involved (or attempt to at least) in politics on Krakoa and Arakko - where I wouldn't be surprised to learn she has history with some of the older Arakki like Isca. I wanna know what Selene's view of Okkara was, since it seems clear she wasn't on it but she had to have known about it. Bring back the White Sword, who mocked the original Horsemen for being babies in comparison to him. Like, the White Sword gets bored wherever he is and comes to Krakoa or Arakko to see if there's an interesting fight to be had, and he just runs into Selene and he's like oh. Its you. And she's like. Ugh. You. And its clear SOMETHING epic went down between them in the past and like, Selene threw a party the day she found out Arakko had split off and sealed itself in another dimension and the White Sword had gone with it, and meanwhile on the other side of that portal the White Sword was fighting demons day in and out being like "well at least I'll never have to deal with her again, so that goes on the pros list." And then they both wind up Earth-side and face to face again for the first time in thousands of years and its like. Oh. You're still here. Great.

Incredible Member

No Gambit this month? Also, has X-Men Legends been cancelled?

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    No Gambit this month? Also, has X-Men Legends been cancelled?
    Maybe Gambit will come out in May? And people are saying X-Men Legends is likely canceled.

BANNED

Eh, thats Deathstrike for pretty sure. Honestly She is mostly fodder now. Even OML can beat the heck out of her.
    Last edited by Vishop; 01-20-2022 at 07:55 PM.

BANNED

I don't know why, but my gut feeling is that the Cassandra Nova story is going to be pretty entertaining. Here for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    Maybe Gambit will come out in May? And people are saying X-Men Legends is likely canceled.
    In the site where I keep track of the books, it says Gambit #1 still comes out April 14th. Sometimes solicitations miss a thing or two. They missed New Mutants in the list of which book comes out each day.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I don't know why, but my gut feeling is that the Cassandra Nova story is going to be pretty entertaining. Here for it.
    I'm getting excited too. I think Marauders may be a big surprise.

Some X-Men Red #1 variants!

Taurin Clarke

Christian Ward

David Lopez

Last edited by superjosh; 01-20-2022 at 08:38 PM.

Peach Momoko

Javier Garron

(This is the one people thought was Bachalo!)
    Last edited by superjosh; 01-20-2022 at 08:45 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I've definitely been ready for Selene to get more involved (or attempt to at least) in politics on Krakoa and Arakko - where I wouldn't be surprised to learn she has history with some of the older Arakki like Isca. I wanna know what Selene's view of Okkara was, since it seems clear she wasn't on it but she had to have known about it. Bring back the White Sword, who mocked the original Horsemen for being babies in comparison to him. Like, the White Sword gets bored wherever he is and comes to Krakoa or Arakko to see if there's an interesting fight to be had, and he just runs into Selene and he's like oh. Its you. And she's like. Ugh. You. And its clear SOMETHING epic went down between them in the past and like, Selene threw a party the day she found out Arakko had split off and sealed itself in another dimension and the White Sword had gone with it, and meanwhile on the other side of that portal the White Sword was fighting demons day in and out being like "well at least I'll never have to deal with her again, so that goes on the pros list." And then they both wind up Earth-side and face to face again for the first time in thousands of years and its like. Oh. You're still here. Great.
    Cool idea, I'd do the reverse have Selene goad Isca or some other Arraki...like 'Where is White Sword? I don't speak to children' that alone is pretty heavy for it implies she knows him well and even among Arakki who are pretty ancient WS and she are a cut above .Yeah going back into history revealing that WS and her are like to oldest or first mutants or at least of the first mutant warring factions would be cool.I still hope Selene is revealed to be a Neo and has a history of betraying her kind, so that Neo want revenge and because she's maneuvered herself into Krakoan power structures, Krakoa is game to them as well.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I thought Selene was already on the Quiet Council.
    Selene is feared by all, she's the type to put herself there, not depending on references

Wolverine
    Patch
    X-Force
    Legion of X
    X-men
    X-men: Red
    Immortal X-men
    Sabretooth
    X-men 92
    Knights of X( hopefully it isn't boring)
    Where the hell is Gambit?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Cool idea, I'd do the reverse have Selene goad Isca or some other Arraki...like 'Where is White Sword? I don't speak to children' that alone is pretty heavy for it implies she knows him well and even among Arakki who are pretty ancient WS and she are a cut above .Yeah going back into history revealing that WS and her are like to oldest or first mutants or at least of the first mutant warring factions would be cool.I still hope Selene is revealed to be a Neo and has a history of betraying her kind, so that Neo want revenge and because she's maneuvered herself into Krakoan power structures, Krakoa is game to them as well.
    No more Neos please, we have enough post-humans.