Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I liked this one better than the first part. Pretty good succinct summation of Origin I and II.

Astonishing Member

I'm always a fan of Jim Zub, and this is alright. It's a good primer to be sure. They should maybe do more of these for other characters, might actually help bring new readers in.

It’s funny… you hear about how convoluted certain characters’ histories are (Cable, Psylocke, etc.), but in terms of sheer volume of what’s been layered onto his origin and past history nobody tops Logan. There’s just so much that’s been written that it’s often hard to sift through it all and determine what’s important and what’s not, and also what conflicts that which has already been established (e.g., Daniel Way’s Wolverine: Origins series that dealt with all the Romulus b.s.). So a series like this is very helpful for new readers I would think in giving them a cleaner, more concise summation of the character’s backstory.

Would love to see this for other characters, especially those with similarly long and convoluted histories. These primer pages for Cable were pretty well done IMO, even though they skip some of the cooler parts of his past like his mercenary days with the Six Pack and whatnot and really just detail his origin as opposed to being a summation of his history…

https://insidepulse.com/2017/10/20/m...imple-clarity/
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 01-27-2022 at 07:57 AM.

"uncharted territory"

Smh, Rachel was sending people's minds through the timeline when she was sixteen years old, without proper training and without using a cerebro.

So why not use Rachel for this plotline

I hope they don’t mention Romulus at all. Let that stay in the past along with hot claws.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

All-New Member

I always enjoy looking back on Logan's life. Making the jump from Canada to Madripoor seems quite drastic. They are moving towards his marriage with Itsu and the birth of Akihiro. Do we know how much time is in-between his first go round in Japan and Team X/Weapon X?

BANNED

I know she is just narrator; did Jean say anything of note/any new information in this?

Issue #3 takes us through Wolvie’s first visit to Madripoor, meeting Seraph, Sabretooth, and Silver Fox, and jumping into Worl War I. I can't wait until they cover when he met Xavier, joined the X-Men, and met Jean. 🥰
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

This one was good. The series is serving as a nice, succinct rundown of Logan’s long and convoluted past.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I hope they don’t mention Romulus at all. Let that stay in the past along with hot claws.
    The mention Romulus.

They do, but only in conjunction with his being involved with the Hand and them manipulating Seraph (and through her Logan) behind the scenes. So it was mercifully brief. The next installment looks like it will cover Logan’s involvement in WWI and WWII, and thus could have some Romulus mention in there too. Especially in the post war period with his marriage to Itsu and the “birth” of Daken who was taken away by Romulus. So we’re not out of the woods yet. The Vietnam period may have some Romulus in there too unfortunately.

No more Romulus plz.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Astonishing Member

Anyone cringed when seeing Logan past with Seraph as one of his lovers after remember the few interviews by Chris Claremont that she was suppose to be his mom had Claremont never left.

Part 4 dropped. It’s great. It includes Logan’s first dealings with Mystique and Black Widow, among others.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Part 4 dropped. It’s great. It includes Logan’s first dealings with Mystique and Black Widow, among others.
    Can also confirm it's great.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.