Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Life of Wolverine [Infinity Comic] 10-Part Series (MU Exclusive) SPOILERS

Chapter 1: The Boy and the Beast Within

Written by Jim Zub, with art by Ramon Bachs, this prologue was a brisk and interesting read. We learn that Jean, who narrates the story, will act as Logan's "'mental anchor' in the here and now, keeping his mind safe no matter where his journey leads." But first, she must "understand his memories, unearthing the thoughts and feelings that made him who he is today."

After touching upon some of his older incarnations, we are transported back to the late 19th century in rural Alberta, Canada. We see Logan as a "small and frail" boy struggling to catch up to his friend, Rose O'Hara--incidentally, a redhead--and learn that he was "[h]eir] to a large fortune, with a broken family." Soon after, and still a young boy, Logan confronts the man who killed his "Papa."

"In a moment of pure terror and anger," Logan's body evolves, and his bone claws are released. He impales and kills his father's murderer. The issue ends with Logan kneeling near the man's body, screaming, "Nooo!"

Of course, I loved this and look forward to the rest of this, what looks to be, weekly primer on Logan's history and companion to X Lives/X Deaths of Wolverine.

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

This just made me think threeway psychic bond. lol It also made me think of something else but i'm not going down that long road. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Oh nice. Forgot about this. I’ll check it out today.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This just made me think threeway psychic bond. lol It also made me think of something else but i'm not going down that long road. lol
    lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Oh nice. Forgot about this. I’ll check it out today.
    Let us know what you think! I'm already hooked.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Meh. Didn’t love it. It just retread old ground honestly. Didn’t offer up anything new. Art was bland too. Highly skippable IMO.

Meh. Didn’t love it. It just retread old ground honestly. Didn’t offer up anything new. Art was bland too. Highly skippable IMO.
    Oh, you! I think it's a great primer for those fans who may not be versed in Logan's history!

Fair enough. I didn’t hate it. Just felt it didn’t add much for me personally.

Fair enough. I didn’t hate it. Just felt it didn’t add much for me personally.
    Well, Mr. Howlett, I totally understand why! lol.

BANNED

I really wish this had some killer art. But I'll sign up to check this out later in the series if Jean does/says cool stuff in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I really wish this had some killer art. But I'll sign up to check this out if Jean does cool stuff in it.
    You should give Marvel Unlimited a whirl either way. At least for the duration of the 7-day free trial. I've discovered so much on it and $9-10 a month doesn't break my bank. Also, as of late, we've been treated to some surprise goodies, such as Marvel mistakenly dumping several issues two months in advance, lol. I can't tell you how many comics I've read that haven't been released yet, including X-Men #7. They did it again yesterday with X Lives of Wolverine and a few other titles.

In the end, I use the app for research, discovery, and now to get advanced peeks, lol.

BANNED

Consistently getting the comics earlier is something I could see myself paying for.

I think it's a business mistake that there isn't an up-to-date all-you-can-read digital option, in general. Makes no sense not to have that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Consistently getting the comics earlier is something I could see myself paying for.

I think it's a business mistake that there isn't an up-to-date all-you-can-read digital option, in general. Makes no sense not to have that.
    Oh, I totally get why they're not doing that. However, I think the lag time should be shortened again--it went from 6 months to three months--to one month tops. Still, it's a great app to have for those series you've always been curious about but not enough to buy individual issues or TPBs. Just with Jean alone, I've been able to discover so many aspects of her history--big and little moments that make a huge difference and add context to so much--that I never knew about! Using my trusty and extensive reading guides as my bible...

Jean Grey: https://cmro.travis-starnes.com/char...p?character=99

Time-Displaced Teenage Jean: https://cmro.travis-starnes.com/char...haracter=22549

Phoenix Force: https://cmro.travis-starnes.com/char...character=3986

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    You should give Marvel Unlimited a whirl either way. At least for the duration of the 7-day free trial. I've discovered so much on it and $9-10 a month doesn't break my bank. Also, as of late, we've been treated to some surprise goodies, such as Marvel mistakenly dumping several issues two months in advance, lol. I can't tell you how many comics I've read that haven't been released yet, including X-Men #7. They did it again yesterday with X Lives of Wolverine and a few other titles.

In the end, I use the app for research, discovery, and now to get advanced peeks, lol.
    I think X lives was posted on purpose. It’s still up as of today.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I think X lives was posted on purpose. It’s still up as of today.
    Interesting! You may be right. Maybe they're working a new angle of marketing.

Part 2 is out.