Default My Man of Steel Vol 4 pre-order pushed back to March

My pre order of Byrne's Man of Steel Vol 4 was pushed from January to March. Really hope it doesn't get delayed further, I'm excited to have Byrne's complete run in Hardcover.

BUT, I'm also worried that this might be a sign that we might not see the gap between Byrne's run and Death of Superman collected in Omnibus/HC volumes.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

If it helps, one of my pre-orders (Batman: The Dark Knight Detective Vol. 7) recently got delayed by a year. Lol.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tib2d2 View Post
    My pre order of Byrne's Man of Steel Vol 4 was pushed from January to March. Really hope it doesn't get delayed further, I'm excited to have Byrne's complete run in Hardcover.

BUT, I'm also worried that this might be a sign that we might not see the gap between Byrne's run and Death of Superman collected in Omnibus/HC volumes.
    Given how heavily S&L draws on the Triangle Era it would be nice to see more collections that have material from that era. Trades department got absolutely gutted at DC sadly.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Finally got it yesterday, such a bummer knowing I can't continue on with the next hardcover or omnibus to bring me all the way to Death of Superman. I know there are trades scattered about that include some of the issues between Byrne's run and DOS.

Are there any plans to make more of those? I believe that the last one was Volume 9.

Quote Originally Posted by tib2d2 View Post
    Finally got it yesterday, such a bummer knowing I can't continue on with the next hardcover or omnibus to bring me all the way to Death of Superman. I know there are trades scattered about that include some of the issues between Byrne's run and DOS.
    There is the "Superman in Exile and Other Stories" omnibus which starts immediately after Byrne with Adventures of Superman #445 and Superman #23. This omnibus pretty much completes the rest of the 1980's.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HorrorMetal View Post
    Are there any plans to make more of those? I believe that the last one was Volume 9.
    Those were smaller volumes. I believe the current fourth volume collects what the former ninth did. The Byrne era wraps up with this one.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Can anyone confirm the color of the spine? Please say blue!

I'm looking at the blue/red/red spines of vol.'s 1-3 as I type this, and my eye is starting to twitch...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES