Default Len Wein's Justice League of America (2006) 35-37 not collected??

Finally started reading 2006's JL of A and I noticed that Len Wein's issues 35-37 aren't collected at all. It goes from McDuffie's run, then skips to James Robinson's run being collected in TPB.

Was Wein's short run bad? Not relevant? Or just didn't fit to include with the other trade volumes?

I'd like to read the 2006 JL of A all the way until it ended before the New 52.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tib2d2 View Post
    Finally started reading 2006's JL of A and I noticed that Len Wein's issues 35-37 aren't collected at all. It goes from McDuffie's run, then skips to James Robinson's run being collected in TPB.

Was Wein's short run bad? Not relevant? Or just didn't fit to include with the other trade volumes?

I'd like to read the 2006 JL of A all the way until it ended before the New 52.
    It wasn't bad, but not particularly memorable either. In the 00s, fill in issues and arcs by guest writers typically were excluded from the collections.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    It wasn't bad, but not particularly memorable either. In the 00s, fill in issues and arcs by guest writers typically were excluded from the collections.
    It does become a question of "Where would you put it?" I guess.

Even with New 52's Snyder Batman stories, they wound up skipping issues in collecting the stories that didn't fit in with larger arcs, eventually publishing Batman Volume 6: Graveyard Shift which included issues #0, #18, #19-20, Annual #2, Batman #34, and Batman #28.

Yeah that makes sense, thanks everyone. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

Shouldn't they at some point release "JLA by Wein" collection? I think even his initial run is not collected anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Shouldn't they at some point release "JLA by Wein" collection? I think even his initial run is not collected anywhere.
    His initial run was back in the early 1970s. Issues #100-113 were included in Justice League of America: The Bronze Age Omnibus Volume 1, though that's not exactly an inexpensive book. The last issue of Wein's initial run (#114) was in Justice League of America: The Bronze Age Omnibus Volume 2.
    I believe his initial run was also included in the b&w Showcase Presents: Justice League of America #5 (issues #100-106) and #6 (issues #107-114).

But it would be nice if DC made a collected volume with all of Wein's initial run together in one single volume.

I ended up reading his three issue run, not bad at all, pretty fun battle with Royal Flush Gang. But yeah, doesn't super fit in the other collected trades.