Default Suicide Squad #12 Spoilers/Discussion

God what the heck is with today and Multiverse stuff for me. First it was JL Incarnate and now Suicide Squad, of course it's mostly on me for wanting to catch up before War for Earth-3 so I guess complaining about multiverse stuff will get me nowhere if I'm reading it.

Anyway two stories are going on here at the same time, the main squad is on Earth-8 fighting the not Thunderbolts with their totally not Deadpool. Meanwhile Rick Flag and his assortment of people are attacking Amanda Waller's private island, some reason because Waller is a wanted criminal and the other because Flag is no doubt still annoyed she literally caged him at the beginning of the run. Of course this is Waller that we are talking about who is about to go into a big crossover event starring the Crime Syndicate and the Titans, so you can probably guess who is not getting any cathartic comeuppance. In fact aside from being annoyed at the away team, the death of Major Force, attacked by her former lackey, and betrayed by both Dr. Rodriguez and Peacemaker she pretty much gets exactly what she wants

In fact it's no spoiler to say that Waller wins this round but sets the board up for things to backfire because two things happen by the end of this issue. First, Waller gets away to Earth-3, with a small army of soldiers, Black Siren of Earth-3, Match, and Talon. The reason it's just those three is because Waller is fed up with the main team for screwing up in Earth-8 and takes only the assets she want while threatening to basically make Match a mindless Bizarro who will do her bidding. Everyone else gets trapped on Earth-8...of course that means Ambush bug so I doubt they are staying there, especially since Alt-Nocturna is in love with Match.

Second is that Waller makes one mistake...she flat out told Rick Flag she is on Earth-3 as she leaves him and his team to die at the hands of an alternate earth version of Clayface. Yeah so they'll be back, I mean come on they're on the covers of the Earth-3 crossover. And even if they weren't on the cover, the team had Cheetah and Lor-Zod, son of Zod on the team. If they can't handle a little clayface I don't know who can.

So yeah come back in about a month for the follow up as Waller has taken her best assets to Earth-3 to take over and will be followed by Rick Flag, his team, and the Titans.
    Last edited by sifighter; 02-01-2022 at 01:12 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Something gort confuse me. Is Waller from earth 3 or not?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Something gort confuse me. Is Waller from earth 3 or not?
    No, she just really wants to take it over for some reason.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member

I would have said "definitely not", but the Match/Conner situation shows that this run does not need to follow the scenario outlined in Future State that closely, so she may very well be Earth 3 Waller.

That said, I'm expecting her to just be regular Waller with the villain characterization amped up.