Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Nice dude. Thanks for the scans

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Nice dude. Thanks for the scans
    Sure! Threading all this together has been very rewarding for me! I hope others enjoy it as much as I do!

----

WEB #56: With Peter away as Spider-Man, Mary Jane puts her newfound inspiration from Aunt May to use and meets up with some friends to tell them about her new business idea - opening her own modeling agency! However, her friend shows her a casting call add for a TV soap opera instead. MJ excitedly rethinks her plans, as an acting role better plays to her strengths!

I've been reading some of the scans and it's a great juxtaposition on how different MJ and Peter's live are, yet they work so perfect together.

I've been reading some of the scans and it's a great juxtaposition on how different MJ and Peter's live are, yet they work so perfect together.
    They certainly are different in ways, but also alike in others. I agree they are perfect because their relationship is fun - from ups and downs, good times and bad, healthy and unhealthy, it's just an entertaining ride!

---

ASM #321: Peter and MJ discuss May's heart disease and Peter finally confronts his aunt to learn the diagnosis was actually for Nathan this whole time, not her! MJ informs Peter she is trying out for a part in a soap opera taking advantage of her past drama lessons in school!

The next day, after helping Harry and his family move into their new SoHo loft, Harry offers the vacant upstairs floor for Peter and MJ to move into and they excitedly agree! Liz asks MJ if she's ever watched "Secret Hospital" and MJ tells her if things go well, she'll be on it!

ASM #322-324: While Peter is away in Symkaria, MJ auditions for her role as Sybil in Secret Hospital! On TV, Peter sends a message that all is well. Later, when Peter returns, they toast to MJ's potential role as "the sneakiest most conniving witch on the planet", and then discuss moving to the new loft!

Last edited by Vortex85; 02-09-2022 at 12:34 PM.

ASM #325: While MJ packs for the move, Peter returns and tells her he decided to opt out of helping Captain America stop an assassination due to trip cost. Knowing her husband, she says to go despite the cost - if someone is in trouble, he won't let it go and has to help, it's one of the reasons she fell in love with him!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

"Suitable cuddling ensues." Nice. Very nice. Wholesome, too.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

SPEC #156: Mary Jane holds a paint party for their new loft and the scheming Black Cat returns, spying on the crew from above! Noticing it's getting late, MJ hurries to visit Kristy during visiting hours at the hospital, while Felicia sets her eyes on Flash Thompson!

Mary Jane and Aunt May arrive to visit Kristy only to find her angry and fed up with being there. Kristy begs MJ let her leave but when MJ objects, Kristy slaps MJ, claiming that MJ hates her like everybody else! MJ tears up in sadness over the situation.

Mighty Member

What I like about Peter and Mary Jane's marriage was that it was the perfect 'imperfect' marriage.
    What I mean is that it was a marriage with its ups and downs (more ups and downs) and seemed Three Dimensional without too much lovey-dovey stuff. They had great challenges and obstacles. They argued and yelled at each other. They walked out on one another at times. Doors slammed. There were doubts and insecurities that they had about how their selves as partners.
    When they made up, it was beautiful like when Peter apologized for yelling at Mary Jane when they argued about Harry as Green Goblin, and he apologized with a bunch of flowers.
    There was a lot of pain in their relationship because of Peter endangering his life as Spider-Man, but their love for each other didn't waver.
    Peter's love of Mary Jane and wanting go back home to her helped him overcome the odds.
    Mary Jane not giving up on Peter during the Second Clone Saga had to have been a great help for Peter.
    Peter broke down more than once, but Mary Jane kept herself together and fought for their marriage.

There was lots of depth in Peter and Mary Jane's marriage. It was like reading a real married couple but they had extraordinary challenges due to Peter being a superhero.
    I never found their relationship boring.

That's why Peter/Mary Jane is my favorite comic book pairing of all time.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    What I like about Peter and Mary Jane's marriage was that it was the perfect 'imperfect' marriage.
    What I mean is that it was a marriage with its ups and downs (more ups and downs) and seemed Three Dimensional without too much lovey-dovey stuff. They had great challenges and obstacles. They argued and yelled at each other. They walked out on one another at times. Doors slammed. There were doubts and insecurities that they had about how their selves as partners.
    When they made up, it was beautiful like when Peter apologized for yelling at Mary Jane when they argued about Harry as Green Goblin, and he apologized with a bunch of flowers.
    There was a lot of pain in their relationship because of Peter endangering his life as Spider-Man, but their love for each other didn't waver.
    Peter's love of Mary Jane and wanting go back home to her helped him overcome the odds.
    Mary Jane not giving up on Peter during the Second Clone Saga had to have been a great help for Peter.
    Peter broke down more than once, but Mary Jane kept herself together and fought for their marriage.

There was lots of depth in Peter and Mary Jane's marriage. It was like reading a real married couple but they had extraordinary challenges due to Peter being a superhero.

I read the clone saga and Mary Jane deserves some kind of award for the absolutely bullshit she had to suffer there.

Starrius, thanks making the thoughtful post on the marriage and what it mean to you, I wholeheartedly agree!
    Prime, also agree, MJ deserves an award. She is truly superhuman for all she has endured and still displayed so much care and understanding!
    ----

WEB #57: Peter drops in on Mary Jane while she unpacks in new loft, and in the heat of the moment MJ playfully jumps on Peter kissing him passionately! But that is interrupted by Kristy as she has escaped and found her way to their new place! Kristy collapses in exhaustion!

*Now this is the kind of fun Peter and MJ interaction I love that seems to be lost for like 10 years or more now in the comics... they used to have these really fun interactions and sexy moments. Mary Jane has such a playful personality. I hope the next writers will show more of it! Also, what makes it sweeter is seeing this come after bad times the couple have endured. Compare to page 10 of this thread and that's a great example of what Starrius spoke of with ups and downs.

Returning Kristy to the hospital, MJ puts her foot down, and give Kristy the facts! She says either she takes her recovery seriously or she is on her own. After hearing it from MJ, Kristy in tears starts to have a change of heart.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post

Preach the good word, fellow Spider-Marriage supporter!

I read the clone saga and Mary Jane deserves some kind of award for the absolutely bullshit she had to suffer there.
    Also agreed. If they didn't break up even after Peter's breakdown(s) before and during the Clone Saga, and then the stillbirth of their first (and so far, only) child at the end of the Clone Saga (damn you very much for that, Norman Osborn), there is nothing plausible on this (or perhaps any other) Earth that would make that happen.
    The spider is always on the hunt.