Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Later on the drive home, MJ once again has to yank Peter out of his doubts.

Back at the vacation home, Puma tracks and finds Peter with a high paying job offer, but Peter ends it after the first mission is failed.

Love this! The girls once calling Peter the "kiss of death" now cheering him on, and MJ: "Bye!"

With the ordeal over MJ promises Peter he didn't blow it and they return home excited to start their new life together!

This Spectacular Annual issue was such a fun little story. I really like how it highlight's MJ's lavish lifestyle and how she is just larger than life compared to Peter. It brings a lot of fun to the table when we see the friends she knows and how they interact with Peter! Also, she is so free spirited and fun and this issue really highlights her personality and how she brings so much life and joy to Peter's world which is usually so plain outside of being Spider-Man. He is so in his head all the time and MJ helps pull him out and enjoy the moment! Take advantage of life while he can! Love her!
    Last edited by Vortex85; 01-20-2022 at 02:08 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Yes, indeed. This is the light, the truth, and the way. Thank you. Thank you so much.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

However, the stark reality of being married to Spider-Man crashes down on MJ with Kraven's Last Hunt in the first test of their marriage! Mary Jane is tormented between thinking husband is dead and the isolation of having to not tell anyone in fear of revealing his secret!

Meanwhile, Peter's love for Mary Jane propels him out of the grave!

Peter learns he has burried alive, losing 2 weeks of his new life with MJ!

After coming home to reunite with his new bride briefly, Peter sets out to defeat Kraven and Vermin before finally returning home for good! What a relief for MJ to have Peter back at last!

Next, MJ goes on a modeling trip seen in ASM #297, then after her return, in Web #36, we see how she cheers Peter on giving him strength to overcome a super powered villain, and then serves as his guiding light whenever he faces self doubt as she bandages his wounds!

I like how in the above Web of Spider-Man issue, not only does MJ help Peter defeat the villain, but again shows how she can be a voice of reason and council to Peter. It's great to have someone bounce his thoughts off of at home and really gives more introspection to what his thoughts are with the battles he faces. Just another way him being married added to the book in a good way.
    Last edited by Vortex85; 01-20-2022 at 08:04 PM.

Spectacular Member SavageJudgeDredd's Avatar

That's beautiful! I've gotta read that wedding issue. I've read Kraven's Last Hunt and the upcoming McFarlane few issues around 300, but haven't seent this earlier stuff. Very cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yes, indeed. This is the light, the truth, and the way. Thank you. Thank you so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by SavageJudgeDredd View Post
    That's beautiful! I've gotta read that wedding issue. I've read Kraven's Last Hunt and the upcoming McFarlane few issues around 300, but haven't seent this earlier stuff. Very cool!
    Glad you are both enjoying! I agree, this whole period in Spider-Man is awesome. I love it so much!

Next in Spectacular #134's Sin Eater arc, MJ has an idea for Peter to shoot professional model portfolios as a way to make more money, while Peter uses the opportunity to get a little action!

Last edited by Vortex85; 01-20-2022 at 10:00 PM.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

EpxxindXIAAOe_l.jpg

MJ, rocking the Screwball outfit 20+ years before it was cool. Lol.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Out for lunch, things get heated when Peter learns of Sin Eater's release and MJ claims there is nothing he can do. After Spider-Man confronts Sin Eater, MJ returns home to find Peter upset feeling guilty over Sin-Eater's injury, and later nurses his wounds in bed.

"You know, lover, I think that's why I fell for you. You're the only person I know who's more screwed-up than I am." =P

At her modeling gig, Mary Jane has commanded Peter's (and everyone else's) attention, feeling positive and empowered! However, Peter swings in as Spidey seeing Sin Eater there and makes a fool of himself on live TV!

At home, Mary Jane uses her one-of-a-kind sense of humor to attempt to cheer Peter up!