Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Then later Mary Jane shares fighting wisdom (straight from Rocky III).... giving Peter inspiration to go on finally defeat both Sin Eater... and Electro!

Adding to this since I am copying from twitter which has limitations… but Peter does go on to win by doing exactly what MJ described, letting himself get hit to psyche himself up for battle, so while here he seems dismissive of the idea, he ends up using it and it works!
    Last edited by Vortex85; 01-21-2022 at 08:30 PM.

Astonishing Member

I really want the Spider-Marriage restored, especially after what Mephisto showed us around his interest in Peter and Mary Jane.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I really want the Spider-Marriage restored, especially after what Mephisto showed us around his interest in Peter and Mary Jane.
    Same here.

Also, I appreciate the "Return of the Sin-Eater" recap focusing on Peter and Mary Jane, Vortex85.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Same here.

Also, I appreciate the "Return of the Sin-Eater" recap focusing on Peter and Mary Jane, Vortex85.
    Sure, again, just mostly copying over what I've already done (with limited ability to post pics and elaborate), it's not the best format to be thorough or anything, but I knew some people here would appreciate the brief recap!

In Web #37, Peter's financial insecurity resurfaces when he is excited for a gig to pay his bills, only to turn to disbelief when MJ has already taken care of it! Later MJ saves Elyse from the fake Slasher, but in a twist, Elyse is the real Slasher and Spider-Man saves the day!

In Spectacular #137, Mary Jane and Peter try to help an illegal immigrant Elvira from having the Tarantula kill her despite her ending up being detained by the Immigration service.

In Web #38, Mary Jane holds a crazy moving out party. Peter drinks spiked punch on accident and has to leave to take out the Hobgoblin drunk! Hobgoblin is taken out by sheer luck so Peter can return to the party in time!

Wow MJ, just wow. When she parties, she goes big!

Last edited by Vortex85; 01-21-2022 at 09:20 PM.

(Cont...)

Drunk Peter: "Right now, I gotta save the world from bad guys!! *flips down stars* Why'd I do that for? Feel reeeaal silly." LMAO

And after dealing with the Hobgoblin...

ADVISORY WARNING: Do not drink and go Spider-Man'ing.
    Last edited by Vortex85; 01-21-2022 at 09:54 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    (Cont...)

Drunk Peter: "Right now, I gotta save the world from bad guys!! *flips down stars* Why'd I do that for? Feel reeeaal silly." LMAO

And after dealing with the Hobgoblin...

ADVISORY WARNING: Do not drink and go Spider-Man'ing.
    I really wish they would do something showing Peter drinking. He has done it multiple times but they always seem to back out of it. Just have Peter state that he generally doesn't...and shouldn't...drink because he has no tolerance. One or two beers and he is three sheets to the wind and acting all silly.

And speaking of their marriage...can we never forget 50 shades of Parker.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I really wish they would do something showing Peter drinking. He has done it multiple times but they always seem to back out of it. Just have Peter state that he generally doesn't...and shouldn't...drink because he has no tolerance. One or two beers and he is three sheets to the wind and acting all silly.

And speaking of their marriage...can we never forget 50 shades of Parker.
    Yep! Good one. I have actually been going chronologically from the beginning of the marriage on in this thread based on a Spider-Man reading order guide so depending on how long this thread goes, I'm sure I'd be getting to it eventually! I do appreciate comments and feedback on the things posted here though thus far! I will be posting as much as I can tonight, hope to at least get the first year of the marriage posted. If anyone doubts it, just look at year 1 and compare that to any other year of Spider-Man outside of marriage and there really is no competition. The marriage brought the best romantic aspects the book has ever seen!

n ASM 298, Peter and Mary Jane are looking to get out of Peter's cramped Chelsea apartment and into the Bedford Towers. Peter decides to put on a special evening for MJ to make up for the cramped living conditions, but ends up getting an embarrassing surprise himself!

After the embarrassment is over, Peter and MJ make sure to enjoy night together! Finally, after Peter screws in dealing with Chance trying to make a few extra bucks, Mary Jane shows she's not about money. Her happiness lies with Peter, not how much he has in his bank account!

From a new cleaning lady to parties at the club, Peter tries to get used to Mary Jane's world in ASM #299. Though, while Peter is troubled by Chance as Spider-Man, MJ is faces trouble x10 coming home face-to-face with the nightmare-ish VENOM!

(cont...)

Mary Jane's nightmare, Venom's first appearance!

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Attachment 117630

MJ, rocking the Screwball outfit 20+ years before it was cool. Lol.
    What issue is this from?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    What issue is this from?
    ASM #297. I have the issue number in my original post.