Page 37 of 42 FirstFirst ... 27333435363738394041 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    I suppose readers can be divided into 2 groups. Those that enjoy these interruptions and drama in a never ending loop and those that want progression. As for long time readers that is.

As a part of the later group I can't fathom how this repeating stories don't annoy or frustrate readers. How it wouldn't be more enjoyable to have Ben alternate with Peter. If they want to do a story with Peter alone fighting against a torrent of enemies just do it. New York is not bereft of heroes. Spider or not.

What we get are moments where Peter and Ben would coordinate and talk. Added interactions. We can get more stories. Where Peter is available and committed. Or not if they want to go that way. With so many threats we could keep a dozen spider characters busy if marvel wanted.
    Pretty much, yeah.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

I stumbled on a couple of old Spider-Man newspaper collections online and as much as people love to dump on Wolfman for having MJ reject Peter's first proposal...turns out Stan had her turn down several marriage proposals at various intervals in the strip's history.

One was before she found out Peter was Spider-Man, she thought Peter was too broke to afford marriage and they'd end up quarrelling over money, she loved him too much to ever consider having an argument with him, so she turned him down. She's shown to be pretty much broken up about it too.

Peter reveals his identity to her a few years later during an arc where her uncle Judge Spencer was kidnapped, but, like in the main comics, MJ isn't so sure she can handle Peter's other life. Despite turning down another proposal, the two do get back together eventually, MJ says Peter will always be a hero to her, but she wants a husband, not a legend.

WEB#90: An illusion by Mysterio has Peter rescue a fake Mary Jane. After defeating the villain Peter returns home to the real MJ giving her a kiss and saying that was for being the girl of his dreams... and for being real!

BANNED

Nowadays, modern Marvel would totally do a Galactus-sized symbiote for real

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Probably, yeah. Still, that was a pretty sweet moment there with Peter coming home to MJ at the end.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Just wait for the mega-event Infinity Secret Symbiote-Geddon.

SM #24: Peter wakes from a nightmare about some of his foes and decides to go web slinging to clear his head, leaving a note for Mary Jane so she doesn't worry. He wonders if he's Peter Parker or his alter-ego, given how often his costumed identity creeps into his personal life!

Astonishing Member

I really want the Spider-Marriage to be restored once and for all. Marvel is getting stupid with this whole thing of "Peter's life can keep forward because readers won't identify with him anymore". That's just stupid! We already have a young Spider-Man with Miles Morales, and living a life that goes nowhere is not worthy of living it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I really want the Spider-Marriage to be restored once and for all. Marvel is getting stupid with this whole thing of "Peter's life can keep forward because readers won't identify with him anymore". That's just stupid! We already have a young Spider-Man with Miles Morales, and living a life that goes nowhere is not worthy of living it.
    Cosigned. Very much cosigned. That said, Spider-Man #24 . . . that's right after Revenge of the Sinister Six, right?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Cosigned. Very much cosigned. That said, Spider-Man #24 . . . that's right after Revenge of the Sinister Six, right?
    What do you mean? What is "Spider-Man #24"?

What do you mean? What is "Spider-Man #24"?
    The issue Vortex85 posted those last images from. Spider-Man #24, which was back in the early 90s and took place right after Revenge of the Sinister Six, which ran through issues 18-23.

Astonishing Member

The issue Vortex85 posted those last images from. Spider-Man #24, which was back in the early 90s and took place right after Revenge of the Sinister Six, which ran through issues 18-23.
    I can't say, sadly. Back in those days, I was VERY stressed by my studies and I couldn't pay much attention to comics.

I can't say, sadly. Back in those days, I was VERY stressed by my studies and I couldn't pay much attention to comics.
    My apologies. As a former student myself, schooling could be incredibly stressful for me at times, too.

It is, unless you account for an "official reading order" of all the titles!
    ---

SM #26: The Parkers enjoy an afternoon walk when a purse snatcher bolts by using a strange device. Peter pursues but fails to catch him and later tells MJ how it reminds him of how he failed to stop the man who killed Uncle Ben. MJ encourages Peter to tell her all about it...

After retelling his origin, Peter distresses over losing Ben, MJ reminds Peter of how it changed him for the better. Also, while he has a responsibility as Spider-Man to help others, he also has a responsibility to himself as Peter to MJ as his wife! Later, as Peter plans a web sling to clear his head, MJ remarks he shouldn't stay out too long as she has plans of her own for them that evening! Peter thinks how lucky he is to have a loving and understanding wife, and to think of that next time he feels sorry for himself!