Page 38 of 42 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839404142 LastLast

SM #26 backup: MJ pranks Peter at 1:30am with a surprise pillow attack! Easily avoiding using his spider-sense, Peter invites MJ for tea as she asks about how his powers work. After explaining, MJ says her husband's powers are quite impressive, but are no match for her own menacing tickle-monster attack!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

That was sweet, cute, and hilarious. Especially loved how Peter broke down the exact nature and scope of his powers for not just Mary Jane, but also us readers following along the story, as well as more poignantly, how he related his motivation for becoming a hero to her. Those were beautiful moments. Thanks for sharing.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

The current war that the Avengers are preparing against Mephisto... Could end up somehow involving Spider-Man at some point? I mean, if what we saw back in the Sinister War is true, it would appear that Peter and Mary Jane's daughter is the only one who can stop Mephisto from successing (I don't know why, however). So, shouldn't this whole mess involve Spider-Man at some point?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    The current war that the Avengers are preparing against Mephisto... Could end up somehow involving Spider-Man at some point? I mean, if what we saw back in the Sinister War is true, it would appear that Peter and Mary Jane's daughter is the only one who can stop Mephisto from successing (I don't know why, however). So, shouldn't this whole mess involve Spider-Man at some point?
    I often like to think the only reason Marvel have split Peter and MJ for now is to create seeds of doubt as to whether or not that future will come to pass, and to probably deprive Spencer of the golden opportunity he had in putting it together because he jumped to Substack. Maybe Wells has now been saddled with the opportunity and is building to it in his own way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    I often like to think the only reason Marvel have split Peter and MJ for now is to create seeds of doubt as to whether or not that future will come to pass, and to probably deprive Spencer of the golden opportunity he had in putting it together because he jumped to Substack. Maybe Wells has now been saddled with the opportunity and is building to it in his own way.
    Maybe, yeah, though I think Vortex85 has said before that they'd prefer to maintain this thread for discussion of the Spider-Marriage and not necessarily segue into anything to do with post-marriage "canon." Does sound awfully petty of Marvel, of course.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Maybe, yeah, though I think Vortex85 has said before that they'd prefer to maintain this thread for discussion of the Spider-Marriage and not necessarily segue into anything to do with post-marriage "canon." Does sound awfully petty of Marvel, of course.
    Yeah...I wish that some people do what Vortex85 requested. Numerous times, he has told people to stop posting irrelevant stuff in the thread. He's really gone out of his way to provide a great thread for Spider-Marriage fans, and I am totally grateful for that. It's like therapy for those that miss Peter/Mary Jane as a married couple, and I am definitely one of them. I am not going to do anything to ruin this thread of my favorite comic book couple of all time.

Imho this is the best thread in the Spider-Man forum.
    Some people need to stop ruining it with irrelevant stuff.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    Some people need to stop ruining it with irrelevant stuff.
    How was discussing Peter and MJ's daughter 'irrelevant' to the subject? Mayday is the culmination of their love. Having her back means the marriage could return. What we were discussing was on-topic.

Besides, Vortex often takes breaks posting Marriage content from yesteryear, we're only discussing other things related to the relationship/marriage to keep the thead bumped so others can see what he's already been sharing.

The thread's largely going to become a s*itshow the minute he starts posting stuff from the Mackie/Byrne era anyway, so I wouldn't entirely bank on this place being good for 'therapy' consistently.
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 05-21-2022 at 11:00 PM.

I’m here but went out of town again. Will post tonight. No need to keep thread bumped with other discussion. If you want to talk current comics and speculation on current or future runs that would be better on other threads. If I’m gone several days let the thread fall off. It will bump again when I start posting again. The main reason is for the future benefit of forum members who want to traverse the thread not having to traverse so many pages to get to or find issues or examples of things they want to look up or reference. This thread is supposed to be a convenient reference to the marriage era and to be informative of what it was really like. You could use it to fact check or find info on the marriage. Once the marriage is over maybe it could have futher discussion because at least it will be front loaded with content as opposed to tons of discussion.

I’m sorry I’m not able to post something every day but sometimes life and other things get in the way and I have other interests and hobbies too. Also its good to have short breaks from time to time to avoid burnout feeling obligated to do this every day. Anyway I appreciate everyone who comments on the posted content here and tries to the thread geared towards that.

---

Soul of the Hunter: Attending a funeral, Peter is reminded of his lost loved ones and Kraven. MJ presses him and he leaves to get air annoyed but regrets the way he spoke to her. Returning for the eulogy, Peter is touched. MJ shares a story and her hope for a human soul.

Last edited by Vortex85; 05-23-2022 at 01:26 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Once the marriage is over maybe it could have futher discussion because at least it will be front loaded with content as opposed to tons of discussion
    Once we're done covering the 616 history, we can always use the thread to discuss the variants of the marriage also, Spider-Girl, RYV, Newspaper, etc

Once we're done covering the 616 history, we can always use the thread to discuss the variants of the marriage also, Spider-Girl, RYV, Newspaper, etc
    Well, at one point I discussed Hydro-MJ from the animated series. I mean, it was kinda relevant since it was when Pete was married in the cartoon.

Sure, sounds good to me!
    ---

Soul of the Hunter (continued) ...

That evening after a romantic time with MJ, Peter wakes disturbed by Kraven's ghost who wants release. Peter informs MJ and swings away to confront and release Kraven. While MJ initially believes the ordeal was in Peter's head, they visit Roger who encourages the Parkers that spirits are, in fact, real!

Having read Soul of the Hunter in the big Kraven's Last Hunt omnibus that came out some years ago, those were some very good moments between Peter and Mary Jane there, especially with her helping him come to terms with what Kraven did to him and then helping Kraven's restless spirit find peace despite that. A real shame they couldn't just leave it there, though.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Having read Soul of the Hunter in the big Kraven's Last Hunt omnibus that came out some years ago, those were some very good moments between Peter and Mary Jane there, especially with her helping him come to terms with what Kraven did to him and then helping Kraven's restless spirit find peace despite that. A real shame they couldn't just leave it there, though.
    In comics, "death" never means "dead" (unless is Uncle Ben). No wonder Death in the Marvel Universe was getting sick some time ago, this should stop; because an universe without Death would create a Cancerverse, and that's 1 million times worse.

BANNED

Amazing Member

I just saw this. Looks like Christmas came early