Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    From a new cleaning lady to parties at the club, Peter tries to get used to Mary Jane's world in ASM #299. Though, while Peter is troubled by Chance as Spider-Man, MJ is faces trouble x10 coming home face-to-face with the nightmare-ish VENOM!

That suit is hideous...but considering the time the issue came out. I would think MJ would maybe find Peter some vintage suits with some Rat Pack style.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    That suit is hideous...but considering the time the issue came out. I would think MJ would maybe find Peter some vintage suits with some Rat Pack style.
    Yeah it is, makes me wonder if in the mid-late 80s that was considered cool or if McFarlane was making his own parody of the fashion at the time.

Anyway, continuing the thread...

In ASM #300, Peter finds MJ terrified in the dark after her Venom encounter. To help MJ cope, they sleep in a hotel that night. But good news comes the next morning as they've been moved to the top of the waiting list for the Bedford Tower's condo!

(cont...)

Later, when checking out the Bedford Towers, MJ helps Peter's spirits rise when he is feeling down!

Next, she shows Aunt May at dinner how she matters to them. And finally, MJ puts her foot down and brings back Peter's classic red & blue after he faces off and defeats Venom!

In Spectacular #138, Peter and Mary Jane are back trying to help MJ's friend Elvira from being deported, but are unable to do so, and can only hope that her and her family can stay safe in their homeland.

In Web #39 we see Peter upset his one spare red and blue costume is torn, but MJ comes home being her cute and flirtatious self, uses her connections to get it fixed!

In ASM #301-303, Peter helps MJ move the furniture into their new home using his amazing Spider-strength! However, later that evening he comes home to find a new promising job offer in ... Kansas?!

Peter takes a trip to Kansas and the job looks great. After hearing the news MJ thinks about losing her New York home, friends, and modeling career? Is she really ready to give it all up to make Peter happy?!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Thanks again for this beautiful retrospective thread on the marriage of Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson-Parker. It's so enlightening. Seriously.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

MJ stresses over moving to Kansas....does she love Peter this much to give up all she loves? She makes a decision. Packing her bags... she prepares to move to Kansas for Peter! However, afterward, Peter announces he has decided to focus on his studies in New York. What a relief!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Thanks again for this beautiful retrospective thread on the marriage of Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson-Parker. It's so enlightening. Seriously.
    Definitely, with everything else going on in the book it's easy to overlook all the little plots and moments that the marriage brought to the book, so just singling out and following the story that way was very enlightening to me and made me appreciate it even more!

Extraordinary Member

God I love this thread

Thank you for this

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

Cool

Yes, thanks Vortex...I just posted on another thread how disheartened I am about the current state of Pete and MJ's relationship, this thread is a perfect antidote to that..well done mate you're doing a good job..

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    God I love this thread

Thank you for this
    Quote Originally Posted by SplinteringHeart View Post
    Yes, thanks Vortex...I just posted on another thread how disheartened I am about the current state of Pete and MJ's relationship, this thread is a perfect antidote to that..well done mate you're doing a good job..
    You are welcome! The pleasure is mine!

In Spectacular 139-142's Tombstone arc, we see MJ try to cheer up Robbie at the hospital from his injury with the Tombstone.

Last edited by Vortex85; 01-23-2022 at 07:43 PM.

Later MJ's fears regarding this situation turn out to be warranted given her OWN encounter leaves her with an injury as well, driving Peter to go take down Tombstone!

*One cool note about the below panels is how MJ comes across as selfish and dismissive initally in the conversation and we learn it her own defense mechanism because what Peter is talking to her about it is all she has thought about and it scares her. We can see how MJ's character is not always perfect or sugarcoated but we have real human emotion on display.

Last edited by Vortex85; 01-23-2022 at 07:42 PM.