Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Later, Lorraine ditches MJ and finds a new drug pusher to feed her addiction, leaving her near death in an alley and then hospitalized. MJ cries how pointless their efforts feel but Peter assures her it's not pointless, but it's a battle fought one street corner at a time.

ASM #314: Peter and Mary Jane are evicted from their Bedford Tower's home by Jonathan Ceasar! MJ's savings are tied up until legal issues are resolved! Moving back in with Aunt May feels like loss of Peter's independence and a step back in life. Merry Christmas!

(cont...)

"I love Aunt May, but the idea of living a home... well, that's a step backwards I just don't want to take! I flew the nest years ago, and moving back could compromise my independence, the self-image I have as an adult. I... well.. I guess I resent that." *Oh Peter, if you could only imagine what would be coming down the road with One More Day...

However, after some action as Spidey and some Christmas festivities....

Last edited by Vortex85; 01-30-2022 at 11:15 AM.

... Peter gets in better spirits and comes around to celebrate returning to live with Aunt May with his wife by his side!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Wow, it's amazing how heavy some of the topics Spider-Man comics were tackling back in the early days of the marriage were.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Wow, it's amazing how heavy some of the topics Spider-Man comics were tackling back in the early days of the marriage were.
    I was thinking the same with the Web of Spider-Man #49. Tackled drug abuse head on from the criminal, social, and the victim’s side all in a self contained story. A lot of content, well done, and didn’t sugar coat anything . You certainly got your money’s worth story/content-wise back in the day!

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    I was thinking the same with the Web of Spider-Man #49. Tackled drug abuse head on from the criminal, social, and the victim’s side all in a self contained story. A lot of content, well done, and didn’t sugar coat anything . You certainly got your money’s worth story/content-wise back in the day!
    Yes, indeed.

SPEC #149: Peter finds Miles Warren's journal and reads to Mary Jane explaining the genetic virus that created the apparent Gwen and Spider-Man "clones". Peter's obsession frightens MJ like he's lost in a dream. But after dealing with Carrion, Peter realizes MJ was right, and puts the obsession to an end.

... and after several pages reading ...

Later:

Last edited by Vortex85; 01-31-2022 at 07:34 PM.

WEB #50: Living at May's house, the Parkers learn privacy is rare! MJ's young cousin, aspiring model Kristy Watson, often barges into their room leaving MJ annoyed! That evening, Peter and MJ get intimate in bed only to have Aunt May barge in this time! Does anyone knock around here?!

Later:

ASM #315: Peter sneaks home finding Mary Jane smiling big about to go to a modeling gig. While out, Pete discovers Nathan is stealing from May! Later, he returns home finding MJ disheartened and home early as her client decided she was not the type he wanted. Then, when alone, he tells MJ about Nathan.

Excellent recaps so far. Keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Excellent recaps so far. Keep it up.
    These early marriage stories are great.

You know what you don't see a whole lot of? MJ staring out the window waiting for Peter to come home. So far just KLH (which is totally justified considering him gone for 2 weeks) and Spectacular Annual with Gwen, and in those stories there is a lot more that MJ shown doing besides that, so one panel out of a whole story isn't like it's a problem LOL. I'm sure they'll come later but it's funny how it's almost non-existent at this point considering how anti-marriage people talk about it so much. Will be interesting to tally up the occurrences and see how pervasive it actually is relative to the total number of issues during the marriage.
    Last edited by Vortex85; 02-01-2022 at 09:10 PM.

SPEC #150: Joe Robertson is convicted guilty to accessory of murder! Peter and MJ are invited to the Roberston home, but Peter goes after Kingpin! Meanwhile, MJ witnesses Martha collapse and relates considering her own fear of losing Peter - "What would I do? He is my life."

WEB #51: The Parkers go apartment hunting but it turns out to be a disaster! The place turns out to be a small dump and MJ does not find Peter's jokes funny considering their circumstances! Meanwhile, her modeling photos get scattered across the street!

After making up with a sweet kiss, Peter and Mary Jane visit Lorraine in the hospital. MJ hopes to help Lorry overcome her drug addiction, but Lorry is clearly not wanting help and lashes out and blames MJ! Lorry's parents take over but MJ wonders if she really did all she could.