Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    What is the blonde lady wearing there?
    Hello Stanlos,

If you're talking about the woman between Firestorm and Black Vulcan, that's Rima the Jungle Girl. She appeared in 3 episodes of Super Friends. She was a female Tarzan, swung from trees from vines, had advanced tracking skills, and could communicate with animals.

Quote Originally Posted by CellarDweller View Post
    Hello Stanlos,

If you're talking about the woman between Firestorm and Black Vulcan, that's Rima the Jungle Girl. She appeared in 3 episodes of Super Friends. She was a female Tarzan, swung from trees from vines, had advanced tracking skills, and could communicate with animals.

Thanks, bunches! I just perused the episodes and it was neat seeing her and WW fight the Atlantean Amazons of Yesteryear.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I guess technically it should be this for me, since this continuity was my first exposure to Batman and Superman in particular and it was when I was a kid.

But...

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Once I got into the comics proper and started following more characters beyond just Batman, I prefer the set up of pre-Crisis Bronze age even though it was gone before I was born. Probably helps that BTAS was inspired by this era's Batman so I'm drawn to him more than any versions afterward, and I appreciated Superman far more after I got acquainted with his older lore.

The major downside is we have to acknowledge that it's not nearly diverse enough, even for the time period.

07-Secret-Society-of-Super-Villains.jpg
    The Secret Society of Super Villains!

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I guess technically it should be this for me, since this continuity was my first exposure to Batman and Superman in particular and it was when I was a kid.

But...

Once I got into the comics proper and started following more characters beyond just Batman, I prefer the set up of pre-Crisis Bronze age even though it was gone before I was born. Probably helps that BTAS was inspired by this era's Batman so I'm drawn to him more than any versions afterward, and I appreciated Superman far more after I got acquainted with his older lore.

The major downside is we have to acknowledge that it's not nearly diverse enough, even for the time period.
    Diversity is the major problem of that era, no doubt, though I'm not sure I would say for that time period. DC had to address the situation without suffering a backlash from some readers if they went too fast (though it should be said not from me at that time).
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Diversity is the major problem of that era, no doubt, though I'm not sure I would say for that time period. DC had to address the situation without suffering a backlash from some readers if they went too fast (though it should be said not from me at that time).
    I think in comparison, Marvel was a little better at that time in terms of diversity.

DC was gradually making progress, but they still didn't have anyone on the level of Black Panther or Storm.

I think in comparison, Marvel was a little better at that time in terms of diversity.

DC was gradually making progress, but they still didn't have anyone on the level of Black Panther or Storm.
    Hey, Black Lightning had his own comic book when he was first introduced in 1977, and Ulysses Hazard ("Code Name: Gravedigger") headlined Men of War that same year.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Hey, Black Lightning had his own comic book when he was first introduced in 1977, and Ulysses Hazard ("Code Name: Gravedigger") headlined Men of War that same year.
    If not for the DC Implosion, Vixen would have been the first black superheroine, too.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Astonishing Member

yes, diversity is an issue still.

I hope DC starts to reevaluate its Main universe, its GenderBender universe (DC needs women more than Mars!) and its Crime Syndicate universe (Villains can be popular! Can even star in their own movies!).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post

Sigh

Yes, that was my DC Comics. If Hawkgirl had been there, it would've been perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Sigh

Yes, that was my DC Comics. If Hawkgirl had been there, it would've been perfect.
    Shayera was Hawkwoman at that point in time . . .

Retired

When I became a charter member of the Superman Club in 1980, this poster was included in my membership package--

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Where it all began....

100p.jpg

100p2.jpg

100p1.jpg
    Batman - Daredevil