Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyspideyfan View Post
    Looks pretty good, can’t wait to pick this up. One thing though, how come Parker only thinks of Peter as “a washed up photographer” when he was the head of Parker Industries for a while. Peter is basically a public figure now, but it seems like that’s being ignored sometimes.
    I think the Marvel Universe as a whole agreed to never speak of Peter's time as a corporate CEO again, though given how the implosion of Parker Industries led to Beyond Corporation buying the Spider-Man trademark and giving it to its licensed web-slinger Ben Reilly, which is the whole current plot of ASM . . . it is quite the oversight.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyspideyfan View Post
    Looks pretty good, can’t wait to pick this up. One thing though, how come Parker only thinks of Peter as “a washed up photographer” when he was the head of Parker Industries for a while. Peter is basically a public figure now, but it seems like that’s being ignored sometimes.
    a disgraced public figure though
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    a disgraced public figure though
    Hoping they eventually resolve at least that, since I´m like 99% sure the whole engagement ring thing is never gonna come back. I don´t like the idea of Peter been seen as a fraud because of Superior forever, even though I do think it made sense in the Spencer run.

This issue is everything! Jed Mackay - a true hero!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    This issue is everything! Jed Mackay - a true hero!
    Give Jed MacKay ALL my money from now on.

I’m even more bummed he wasn’t given ASM now.

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    Give Jed MacKay ALL my money from now on.

I’m even more bummed he wasn’t given ASM now.
    I was thinking the same thing!

Can we appreciate how much hard work MJ has been putting in? She was freaking Black Cat level in this issue.

After Amazing Mary Jane and this, they really need to show some back story on all the training she has been doing behind the scenes!

Honestly if this sells well (and with how hard they've been pushing it, I kind of expect it too) I hope they do an actual MJ/Black Cat series with McKay. After this issue I think a full-series with them together would be a riot.

(Also help if we're going to be seeing less of both MJ and Felicia in ASM with upcoming story beats).

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

I think we're going to see them more than you think

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Can we appreciate how much hard work MJ has been putting in? She was freaking Black Cat level in this issue.

After Amazing Mary Jane and this, they really need to show some back story on all the training she has been doing behind the scenes!
    that's right maybe she taking some defensive classes or she plays with Peter Web Shooters and swings occasionally
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    that's right maybe she taking some defensive classes or she plays with Peter Web Shooters and swings occasionally
    She did take lessons with Captain America in the JMS run but they barely showed it or ever refer to it so it's easy to forget.

Last edited by Vortex85; 01-26-2022 at 12:09 PM.

I can believe she's maybe gotten gymnastics training for a role. I think they confirmed in some comic or implied she does her own stunts.