Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Preview: Marauders Annual (2022) #1

Marauders Annual (2022) #1

A NEW CREW SETS SAIL!

With Kate Pryde at the helm, the Marauders are ready to renew their mission of mutant rescue! She’s got the mission – all she needs now is a new boat and a fresh crew to match. Pryde and Bishop must unite a crew of mutants, new and old, to spring Daken from imprisonment at the hands of a leader who’s as cruel as he is charismatic: the primal provocateur known as Brimstone Love! It’s the Marauders versus the Theater of Pain, a torture troupe that’s set up shop in Xavier’s School’s old backyard! Come aboard for the first adventure as Steve Orlando takes the helm with our sea-faring mutants.

Written by Steve Orlando
    Art by Creees Hyunsung Lee
    Cover by Russell Dauterman
    Release Date: January 26, 2022

Be kind, it's FREE

Be kind, it's FREE

forgot to add 'preview' to the title... Can someone correct it please?
    Last edited by DAHX; 01-20-2022 at 12:50 PM.
    Be kind, it's FREE

I'm excited about this series the most in the relaunches. This, and the council.

Really liking the writing here.
    Nice to see Daken seems to be there for an X-factor type mission. I'll really miss that team.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Really liking the writing here.
    Nice to see Daken seems to be there for an X-factor type mission. I'll really miss that team.
    Yeah I initially got over the dissolution of X-Factor until I released that pretty much every single title (including bad sellers like WoX) was getting a relaunch with Destiny of X.

On a positive note, this preview looks good!

This looks great and I'm looking forward to how the team comes together/is selected by Kate and Bishop. Destiny of X is looking pretty damn good so far.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Daken get's blown up in his first appearance in Marauders. He's going to fit right in.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Do I sense a Mandingo, Jewish Princess pairing in the making?

The art for the annual is not my favorite to be honest, but at least the monthly book will have a better artist. I liked the dialogue between Kate and Bishop, I hope we get all characterization for all the members of the team, for a change.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Brimstone Love and the Theater of Pain . . . wonder if there'll be any other callbacks (or technically, call-forwards) to X-Men 2099 here.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Do I sense a Mandingo, Jewish Princess pairing in the making?
    Whoa...relax dude! Besides nobody has the guts to pull that trigger. I wish Marvel would try to prove me wrong.

I wonder how they’re going to handle Brimstone Love.. I know now 2099 is considered a different earth, but back then it was billed as being the future of 616. A younger version of him, maybe? Time/Dimension travel? Or they’ll just pretend this is his first appearance. I’d love to see more X-Men 2099 callbacks…

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    I wonder how they’re going to handle Brimstone Love.. I know now 2099 is considered a different earth, but back then it was billed as being the future of 616. A younger version of him, maybe? Time/Dimension travel? Or they’ll just pretend this is his first appearance. I’d love to see more X-Men 2099 callbacks…
    I'd actually love it to be time travel for the chance it leads to bringing in more 2099 X-characters, but alas, my guess is this will just be a younger Brimstone Love than showed up in 2099. That comic established him as being centuries old, so likely the Krakoan Age just provided an earlier oppportunity for him to get his Theater of Pain off the ground and running in this particular reality, for some reason.

Astonishing Member

Oh come on Bishop, don't give up hope on the Marauder just yet. It's a fixer upper, it has good bones.

There have been sunken warships in WW1 and 2 which were made seaworthy again.

Why not use the remains of the hull to build a space ship. It worked for the japanese and the Yamato after all. Maybe he should travel back in time and steal a british, american, german or japanese ship after they sunk and fix it up in the present too.

Seeing them so prominently, it's been years since he got introduced but i still can't help but feel Daken's 3rd blade claw is an serious dumb idea all around and just a sign of a weird "arms race" to find some kind of new revolutionary 3 blade setup for a Wolverine offspring.

Does he really "need" them for his identity, or couldn't he just lose them and be allright with just two blades?

Funny enough on the flipside i find Gabby's single blade setup highly efficient even if it looks less impressive than the full 3 blade setup of the man himself.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Daken get's blown up in his first appearance in Marauders. He's going to fit right in.
    Isn't that more a qualification for X-force, or does it not count if he survives the explosion?