Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Yeah I initially got over the dissolution of X-Factor until I released that pretty much every single title (including bad sellers like WoX) was getting a relaunch with Destiny of X.
    Eh to be fair, X-Corp and Children of the Atom don't seem to be getting relaunches or sequels either.
    I think the Children of the Atom team might show up in Ayala's New Mutants down the line. Or Gimmick at the very least, who Ayala seems to have plans for.
    As for X-Corp, given that Selene is in IXM and Monet was in the X-Men vote, I think it's done.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    I wonder how they’re going to handle Brimstone Love.. I know now 2099 is considered a different earth, but back then it was billed as being the future of 616. A younger version of him, maybe? Time/Dimension travel? Or they’ll just pretend this is his first appearance. I’d love to see more X-Men 2099 callbacks…
    I agree with BobbysWorld that this will probably be (the first appearance of) a younger Earth-616 version of Brimstone Love, as opposed to the X-Men 2099 one who was from Earth-928.
    That explains the minor cosmetic differences in his new design and allows Orlando the freedom to pick and choose who he wants for this new Theater of Pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Do I sense a Mandingo, Jewish Princess pairing in the making?
    Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Bishop's too young for her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    I just realized… what happened to Kitty’s curly hair??
    Quote Originally Posted by alanyoung909 View Post
    I think the rooster thing is supposed to be a clock's cog.

One way they can make the costume cooler is by having it spin while she uses her powers.

EDIT: Maybe the gold color is a bit too gaudy as well. They should try something like a dark red armor, similar to Bishop's coat.
    Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    Marauders Annual (2022) #1

A NEW CREW SETS SAIL!

With Kate Pryde at the helm, the Marauders are ready to renew their mission of mutant rescue! She’s got the mission – all she needs now is a new boat and a fresh crew to match. Pryde and Bishop must unite a crew of mutants, new and old, to spring Daken from imprisonment at the hands of a leader who’s as cruel as he is charismatic: the primal provocateur known as Brimstone Love! It’s the Marauders versus the Theater of Pain, a torture troupe that’s set up shop in Xavier’s School’s old backyard! Come aboard for the first adventure as Steve Orlando takes the helm with our sea-faring mutants.

Written by Steve Orlando
    Art by Creees Hyunsung Lee
    Cover by Russell Dauterman
    Release Date: January 26, 2022

Gahhh In spite of the few Natty's I've been having throughout the night I wrote a witty yet catty reply to all this like seriously good. And Was sooo close to hitting submit when my neighbor Patty came by things escalated quickly he rolled a Fatty and then? Ya know..

this lol
    GrindrStone(D)

Regarding Kate and Bishop, forget the romance angle for a moment, I just hope that now that Bishop is Captain Commander, Orlando establishes him as the captain of whatever new ship the Marauders are operating out of.

In Duggan's Marauders, it annoyed me to no end that Bishop was not the captain of the Marauder (not leader of the team mind you, I get that it's a Kate led book, just captain of the boat Marauder).

In the HTC White House, the White Queen (Emma) directed affairs from the White Palace, the White Bishop (Christian) was captain of the boat (The Mercury) and the White Knight (Callisto) was security.
    In the HTC Black House, the Black King (Sebastian) directed affairs from Blackstone, the Black Bishop (Shinobi) was captain of the boat (The Upstart) and the Black Knights (Fenris) were security.
    Yet in the HTC Red House, the Red Queen (Kate) was both directing affairs AND the captain of the boat (The Marauder) while the Red Bishop (Lucas) was security and the Red Knight position was empty.

One of the reasons I think Duggan had Emma and Sebastian leave the Hellfire Trading Company at the end of his run was because he knew IXM will focus on their QC status so he wanted to open up their HTC positions to other characters.

Currently Kate is a member of the Quiet Council, leader of the Red House of Hellfire Trading, leader of the Marauders and captain of the (currently burnt) Marauder.
    That is too many hats for one character and this will inevitably skew the narrative towards her at the expense of the other characters, much like what happened in Duggan's book.
    Bishop should be the captain of the new ship, Tempo should be the Red Knight who is in charge of the ship's security and Kate can stay as the leader of the Marauders who reaches out to the mutants who need rescuing.
    That'll balance things out.
    I'm hopeful Bishop will get a much more prominent role in this book. The solicitation said "Pryde and Bishop must unite a crew of mutants...". They could have said Pryde only so there's that. In Orlando I trust. "Pryde and Bishop". I like the ring of that.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I'm hopeful Bishop will get a much more prominent role in this book. The solicitation said "Pryde and Bishop must unite a crew of mutants...". They could have said Pryde only so there's that. In Orlando I trust. "Pryde and Bishop". I like the ring of that.
    That’s a great thought Jbenito. It’s a good sign that it won’t be the Pryde show. Really hoping that after what Wanda did, Shard can somehow someway be brought back to accompany her brother. He’s so lonely. He also needs Frenzy in his life .
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Oh that makes sense! Aurora and Somnus probably tag alone because it's Daken in danger, and then I'm assuming Tempo is just finally taking up Kate's offer from her guest appearance in the last volume.
    That's what I was thinking too; -and we already have the new team. Now I'm just curious if Aurora and Daken leaves the still existing X-Factor team or it's desbanding already for other reasons.

Currently Kate is a member of the Quiet Council, leader of the Red House of Hellfire Trading, leader of the Marauders and captain of the (currently burnt) Marauder.
    That is too many hats for one character and this will inevitably skew the narrative towards her at the expense of the other characters, much like what happened in Duggan's book.
    Bishop should be the captain of the new ship, Tempo should be the Red Knight who is in charge of the ship's security and Kate can stay as the leader of the Marauders who reaches out to the mutants who need rescuing.
    That'll balance things out.
    Orlando said befora that "Kate and Bishop will run the show on the Marauder", so it looks like he'll be a co-leader

Also he said he won't be dealing with Hellfire stuff (the book will focus on rescuing mutants), so probably no more Hellfire roles happening in this book
    Be kind, it's FREE

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsbane View Post
    That’s a great thought Jbenito. It’s a good sign that it won’t be the Pryde show. Really hoping that after what Wanda did, Shard can somehow someway be brought back to accompany her brother. He’s so lonely. He also needs Frenzy in his life .
    From your lips to God's ears! I've been wanting Shard to return for such a long time.

I'd love to believe this. Except they put out a promo of Bishop in the Inferno event in which he never appeared.

But I will be optimistic in the New Year!

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    This sounds weird, but I hope he doesn't. I just want him to just punch people really hard and knock them out. He wouldn't even need to use his power because he just straight-up beats the crap out of people.
    yeah I was being facetious. I love a mutant with a passive power that isn't specifically tailored for combat.

Just read Orlandos xmen monday article
    He confirms that Kate and Bishop are the leaders of the team, and that this story is described as a space blockbuster too which is interesting cause how does this 2 billion year old secret connected to mutants send them off into space.

https://out.reddit.com/t3_sbluff?app...o-marauders%2F
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Just read Orlandos xmen monday article
    He confirms that Kate and Bishop are the leaders of the team, and that this story is described as a space blockbuster too which is interesting cause how does this 2 billion year old secret connected to mutants send them off into space.

https://out.reddit.com/t3_sbluff?app...o-marauders%2F
    Thanks for the link! From the interview:

"The fun thing about this is that I do write a slightly different type of book than Gerry. So there has been a lot to design and rework and man, especially Eleonora, you’ve got so much coming. Oh God, I don’t think we can say their names yet, but we have new factions in the Shi’ar that have just incredible designs that Eleonora has been doing. They’re just visually stunning."

"I love her reworked version of Cassandra Nova. You know, we felt after her initial appearance in the book that it was time to sort of move her past the safari gear that she was wearing. She has changed, although much about her is very much the same. Just the core drive is different as you’ll see. We’re not really softening her as much as we are aiming her in the right direction. And I’m actually really happy with the way she plays in the book because she was bawling at the end of her last appearance and I don’t think that could be her forever or there wouldn’t be much of a character. But where we find her is a really good place and I’m excited about it."

I'm liking what I'm seeing from Eleonora. I hope they pair her with a good colorist for her style.

Astonishing Member

Eh to be fair, X-Corp and Children of the Atom don't seem to be getting relaunches or sequels either.
    I think the Children of the Atom team might show up in Ayala's New Mutants down the line. Or Gimmick at the very least, who Ayala seems to have plans for.
    As for X-Corp, given that Selene is in IXM and Monet was in the X-Men vote, I think it's done.
    I think even without the poor reception, X-corps would have ended about their anyway. I only remember it being marketed as a limited series, not a full one. As for Children of the Atom, it came to a natural conclusion with the storyline having been fully played out, as compared to X-factor which ended with Leah Williams clearly still having had a lot of plans for the book, so I think the comparisions don't really work.

Mighty Member

All this Shard talk makes me think of space, and how maybe XMen Red would've been a better place for Bishop.

Really hope he's important in this book and it does sound like the writer is invested in him at least.

Orlando said befora that "Kate and Bishop will run the show on the Marauder", so it looks like he'll be a co-leader
    Oh I missed that in the solicitation. That's good to hear. Hopefully the responsibilities get spread around so that everyone has things to do.

That's what I was thinking too; -and we already have the new team. Now I'm just curious if Aurora and Daken leaves the still existing X-Factor team or it's desbanding already for other reasons.
    X-Factor (as an editorially-published team) is probably disbanding.
    Polaris is already in X-Men (Year 1).
    Daken and Aurora are going to Marauders.
    Rachel is going to Knights of X.
    Northstar (and Kyle as support presumably) is going to X-Men (Year 2).
    That leaves just Prodigy and Eye-Boy, and you can't run a book with that unless you bring in new members.

X-Factor (as an in-universe Krakoan institution)? Who knows?
    Maybe Prodigy and Eye-Boy hold down the fort while trying to recruit new members.

Also he said he won't be dealing with Hellfire stuff (the book will focus on rescuing mutants), so probably no more Hellfire roles happening in this book
    This is a bit odd. Why would Duggan bother to install new HTC members in his final Marauders issue if the HTC won't be dealt with in Orlando's Marauders?
    I doubt Duggan has any space in his X-Men book to deal with the HTC.
    I wonder if the Five-in-One, Christian Frost, Lourdes Chantel, Shinobi Shaw, Fenris and Jumbo Carnation end up as cast members of another (unannounced) book.