Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

So...bet on how Cyclops died? We know it was public and hard to cover up. Did he get stepped on by Stilt Man?

Or maybe Dr. Stasis finally sent a creation of some kind to fight them.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I'm not Soul, just throwing my 2 cents.It's the writers doing this, I just want characters in story to voice their stance. I accept it as a status quo but want a bit of clarity , but I think we'll never get it if I'm being honest. You know where I stand, I am not an optimist ..foul play is always an option for me.
    That's exactly it. We don't know what is going on and how (or even if) Marvel will decide to make it clear (if ever). So it does not make sense to me to speculate about it. They're toying with us. And that's simply not something that motivates me to discuss or get invested in.

Really, I was talking in general terms, applicable to any character.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by justanotherclassic View Post
    That's honestly my issue with whatever the polycule arrangement going on is -- we never really saw it develop, why the characters are okay with it, any sort of character development from her. We went from Point A to Point C, without stopping at B. I can headcanon how they got there all I want, but the why isn't canon, y'know? Like, I'm curious why -- in universe -- Jean is more openly sexual with Logan than we see Scott being with Emma, outside of a few hints. Is there a reason for that? I don't know! I want to know! Then again, I'm a character-driven person, so I enjoy knowing why the characters are doing what they are.
    Truth ..I don't mind the 'here' , I just want to know how we got 'here'

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Exactly. There are 3 or 4 characters involved in this and we don't even know who is a lover to whom, how they got there, how they each feel about whatever this arrangement is... It's kept so vague in this sense, Marvel might decide neither of that ever happened and we were reading too much into it. Does it seem like it's something they'd never, ever do to you?

That's why I don't like debating this situation in specific and I was talking more in general terms. Really.
    Point blank period. It's like all that queerbaiting that went on in the MekaniX series between Kitty and Karma that was never acknowledged to the point that we're still asking "Is Kitty Pryde bi?".

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

I remember when there was an insistence that the shipping wars would come to an end in the Krakoan era. That was a beautiful lie....

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    So...bet on how Cyclops died? We know it was public and hard to cover up. Did he get stepped on by Stilt Man?

Simple. He slipped on a banana peel while waving to the public from the tree house. Such a ridiculous death was spread online and mocked. There's no coming back from that.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 01-21-2022 at 12:13 PM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Point blank period. It's like all that queerbaiting that went on in the MekaniX series between Kitty and Karma that was never acknowledged to the point that we're still asking "Is Kitty Pryde bi?".
    Yeah. I find this exhausting. I think it's cheap, manipulative and coward. I don't want to play this game.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post

He wasn't paying attention to traffic while crossing the street chatting on his cellphone. It was so embarrassing that........
    Last edited by rcaguy; 01-21-2022 at 12:17 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    He wasn't paying attention to traffic while crossing the street. It was so embarrassing that........
    Maybe he was zapped by the special gun Emma keeps in her office and was handed over to Stasis/Orchis. It can't just be as simple as dying in a fight.Would be right up Emma's alley to make a spectacle.

I've typed up a synopsis for this issue. Let me know if you're interested.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Because Scott and Emma aren't fucking despite what people were hoping.

Scott and Logan, though; they're fucking.
    The problem with that assumption is there's historical precedent for Jean -Logan, Jean-Scott, Emma-Scott ,but none for Logan-Scott. Even with this status quo the earth is not suddenly flat in my world.

I choose to embrace queer joy -- regardless of the ambiguity.

They're aaaaaaaaaaall fucking. Some in pairs. Some in groups. Some telepathically. And until the characters expressly state otherwise, without any wiggle room for interpretation, so shall they remain in my mind.
    Jean and Logan? Definitely
    Jean and Scott? For sure.
    Jean and Scott and Logan? I refused to accept they aren't.
    Emma and Scott? I believe it. But I also believe she is NOT interested in joining the Summers House Cluster.

Everyone is queer until proven otherwise because I enjoy it more that way. Heterosexuality has been the default for AGES. Krakoa is the queer age. QUEERKOA!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Yup. Its why I shake my head and groan when people cite Kate kissing that tattoo artist who looked like 'Yana in Marauders as proof that she's bi, because IMO, no. Not because I don't want her to be bi, in fact, I DO, I just....want them to actually say it with their chest. That scene in Marauders is not that, not by a mile. Its a tease, its baiting, its Duggan tipping his hat towards what he knows a lot of fans want but in such a way as he and Marvel can walk it back if fans who hate it made too much noise. If they wanted to, they could have just had Kate kiss Illyana. A random kiss with a random NPC that's never been referenced since and could be vagued away with some nonsense about how she was just high on life and the thrill of being alive again and just going with whatever but didn't actually mean anything by it....no thank you. You want to say something about a character, SAY it.

Its not that we readers are so stupid we need to have everything spelled out for us and can't read between the lines, its that we CAN read between the lines and we DO know how this game is played, because its been played as long as we remember, and so yeah, with some things, if you're not actually going to say what it is you want us to view a situation or character as, if you're not gonna just come out and fucking OWN IT, then like.....I'm not going to give you credit for doing it, because you're really not actually doing it.

You're just providing a flimsy foundation of what if and expecting readers' own wish fulfillment to fill in the blanks of a space you deliberately leave as empty as possible just so they CAN do that, and that's the opposite of actual development and half the source of so many readers' extremely conflicting views on situations like this, because they have extremely conflicting wish fulfilments for those situations.
    Last edited by BobbysWorld; 01-21-2022 at 02:50 PM.

The problem with that assumption is there's historical precedent for Jean -Logan, Jean-Scott, Emma-Scott ,but none for Logan-Scott. Even with this status quo the earth is not suddenly flat in my world.
    Well, there was Adult Evil Jeen telling Scott and Logan to Just Screw Already at the end of Battle of the Atom. And that the first not-Jean person the Scott was attracted to is now canonically Logan's opposite gender clone (they were the same age at the time at least. Time Travel!). And that Scott and Logan's issues have often come across as BST - Belligerent Sexual Tension.

But even that is at best subtext that mostly wasn't intended at the time, and it has never quite added up the way those things have with Bobby- no writer has ever claimed to have written Schism as fallout between jilted lovers, for example.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Well Sinister Secrets did say they were and that's going to be addressed in Immortal X-Men. And could people who read the issue already try not to spoil it for others?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Do you not remember when Scott convinced Logan to go on vacation with them on Chandilar by promising him he'd wear a speedo or were you just not paying attention?

There's more evidence for Jean-Logan-Scott than any other version of the 'polycule,' which I'm still convinced is just an open marriage. Logan lived with them for Christ's sake.

The only 'hints' to do with Emma are a dirty joke from Zdarsky that may've just referenced their past and people misreading her typical verbage. Duggan even had her pining over other men and saying she wanted to be a part of a relationship in Marauders during the Hellfire Gala. They literally can't get any more explicit about the fact that Scott and Emma aren't together and even if they are fucking she's just his side chick.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey