Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Scott and Emma were (are?) a very Functional and supportive couple.

Its Weird that those two really weird extreme works so well. Emma´s is Scott´s Logan's

Maybe the quartet could have life.

I've always prefer Scott & Emma over him & Jean just what I grew up with ya know.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I'm not sure y'all read the same comics I did during the 2005-2012 era.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Scott and Emma were (are?) a very Functional and supportive couple.

Its Weird that those two really weird extreme works so well. Emma´s is Scott´s Logan's

Maybe the quartet could have life.
    That's what I'm saying. Between this, Percy pushing Jogan hard, and the continued Jott content, I'm kinda annoyed that they never actually explored these four in a polycule. It's as simple as acknowledging that there are some deep emotional connections (and physical attractions) there, that they're all done with the lying and sneaking around, and that living as immortal mutants on a paradise island has given them the opportunity and perspective to explore those feelings. But nah, Marvel gotta half ass it.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    That's what I'm saying. Between this, Percy pushing Jogan hard, and the continued Jott content, I'm kinda annoyed that they never actually explored these four in a polycule. It's as simple as acknowledging that there are some deep emotional connections (and physical attractions) there, that they're all done with the lying and sneaking around, and that living as immortal mutants on a paradise island has given them the opportunity and perspective to explore those feelings. But nah, Marvel gotta half ass it.
    I can see it making sense for some people. And no sense at all for others. It really depends on how each person relates to love. There is no right or wrong answer for each individual exactly because it's a personal matter. It's not simply morals or prudishness or logic or sexual liberation. It runs deeper than that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    I can see it making sense for some people. And no sense at all for others. It really depends on how each person relates to love. There is no right or wrong answer for each individual exactly because it's a personal matter. It's not simply morals or prudishness or logic or sexual liberation. It runs deeper than that.
    Agree but interestingly enough it seems to me Scott in this reality may be old school and at least on panel evidence keeps it cordial or platonic with Emma, Jean not so restrained with Logan. I mean I wish we had open frankness about the 'rules' here

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

It's one thing for your own personal life prefer an open or not, monogamic or poly or not, etc, in your own life, and it's another thing entirely for being so against it on fictional characters you can't even read or can't stop complaining if some characters are involved in one, or refuses to acknowledge obvious evidence of it happening. People are fine with Wolverine murdering people by the thousands, often with no reason, but he gets on a poly relationship and the same people are "Whoa, BLASPHEMY!".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I've always prefer Scott & Emma over him & Jean just what I grew up with ya know.
    Quality taste, tbh, even if it's just what you grew up with. Lol

There's no way to even take the post-Morrison comics regarding this set of characters seriously if it's just "oh Jean is back now so none of those Scemma stories happened."

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Agree but interestingly enough it seems to me Scott in this reality may be old school and at least on panel evidence keeps it cordial or platonic with Emma, Jean not so restrained with Logan. I mean I wish we had open frankness about the 'rules' here
    No, you're not baiting me with this. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    It's one thing for your own personal life prefer an open or not, monogamic or poly or not, etc, in your own life, and it's another thing entirely for being so against it on fictional characters you can't even read or can't stop complaining if some characters are involved in one, or refuses to acknowledge obvious evidence of it happening. People are fine with Wolverine murdering people by the thousands, often with no reason, but he gets on a poly relationship and the same people are "Whoa, BLASPHEMY!".
    People may like or dislike stuff for different reasons. It's quite reductive to give everyone who disagrees with a certain view a disparaging label. Don't you think?
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 01-21-2022 at 12:15 PM.

Yup it's certainly not something for everyone and I certainly don't think every fan has to be behind it. It's the tiptoeing around it and half-assed portrayals that grinds me gears. If you're going to do it then do it Marvel, and show fans a positive (or at least interesting) portrayal of how this type of relationship can work.

I'm not Soul, just throwing my 2 cents.It's the writers doing this, I just want characters in story to voice their stance. I accept it as a status quo but want a bit of clarity , but I think we'll never get it if I'm being honest. You know where I stand, I am not an optimist ..foul play is always an option for me.
    That part! It's like the writers (or the larger office) are smashing their action figures together and going "Teehee! Look who is doing who. Can't say it out loud though!"
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 01-21-2022 at 11:57 AM.

Astonishing Member

No, you're not baiting me with this. Sorry.
    I'm not Soul, just throwing my 2 cents.It's the writers doing this, I just want characters in story to voice their stance. I accept it as a status quo but want a bit of clarity , but I think we'll never get it if I'm being honest. You know where I stand, I am not an optimist ..foul play is always an option for me.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Because Scott and Emma aren't fucking despite what people were hoping.

Scott and Logan, though; they're fucking.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Fantastic Member

That's honestly my issue with whatever the polycule arrangement going on is -- we never really saw it develop, why the characters are okay with it, any sort of character development from her. We went from Point A to Point C, without stopping at B. I can headcanon how they got there all I want, but the why isn't canon, y'know? Like, I'm curious why -- in universe -- Jean is more openly sexual with Logan than we see Scott being with Emma, outside of a few hints. Is there a reason for that? I don't know! I want to know! Then again, I'm a character-driven person, so I enjoy knowing why the characters are doing what they are.

Yup it's certainly not something for everyone and I certainly don't think every fan has to be behind it. It's the tiptoeing around it and half-assed portrayals that grinds me gears. If you're going to do it then do it Marvel, and show fans a positive (or at least interesting) portrayal of how this type of relationship can work.
    Exactly. There are 3 or 4 characters involved in this and we don't even know who is a lover to whom, how they got there, how they each feel about whatever this arrangement is... It's kept so vague in this sense, Marvel might decide nothing of that ever happened and we were reading too much into it. Does it seem like it's something they'd never, ever do to you?

That's why I don't like debating this situation in specific and I was talking more in general terms. Really.
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 01-21-2022 at 12:02 PM.