Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Do you not remember when Scott convinced Logan to go on vacation with them on Chandilar by promising him he'd wear a speedo or were you just not paying attention?

There's more evidence for Jean-Logan-Scott than any other version of the 'polycule,' which I'm still convinced is just an open marriage. Logan lived with them for Christ's sake.

The only 'hints' to do with Emma are a dirty joke from Zdarsky that may've just referenced their past and people misreading her typical verbage. Duggan even had her pining over other men and saying she wanted to be a part of a relationship in Marauders during the Hellfire Gala. They literally can't get any more explicit about the fact that Scott and Emma aren't together and even if they are fucking she's just his side chick.
    Yeah agreeed With this , Scott and Logan ate bisex in canon now.

And jean having sex with Logan in a jacuzzi, it makes me laugh ignore what a polyamorous relationship is in canon

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Do you not remember when Scott convinced Logan to go on vacation with them on Chandilar by promising him he'd wear a speedo or were you just not paying attention?

There's more evidence for Jean-Logan-Scott than any other version of the 'polycule,' which I'm still convinced is just an open marriage. Logan lived with them for Christ's sake.

The only 'hints' to do with Emma are a dirty joke from Zdarsky that may've just referenced their past and people misreading her typical verbage. Duggan even had her pining over other men and saying she wanted to be a part of a relationship in Marauders during the Hellfire Gala. They literally can't get any more explicit about the fact that Scott and Emma aren't together and even if they are fucking she's just his side chick.
    I do pay attention ,definitely , to me you can see that that writing was very crafty but I read that Logan's 'Who can say no to that' was about Jean in a bikini because it was Logan's initial train of thought, when he heard Scott talk about the speedo he just said 'heh' , in the context it seemed like he took it as a joke hence the little laugh but he wasn't following Scott's interjection , he was following his own Jean in a bikini train of thought. Also in hindsight with the benefit of Xforce issues we know Logan is an avid surfer so his mind may be thinking of a surfing challenge with Scott. Either way it didn't strike me as gay even during the initial reading because that very issue had people talking about hair suggesting something when in fact it was either a simple bro tip or if there was anything suggestive it was about Jean's hair that kept each of them warm if they did share her and the obvious hint was it is never in a three way but piecemeal

I think we've seen Scott flirt with Logan more than with Emma in the Krakoa era.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Well, there was Adult Evil Jeen telling Scott and Logan to Just Screw Already at the end of Battle of the Atom. And that the first not-Jean person the Scott was attracted to is now canonically Logan's opposite gender clone (they were the same age at the time at least. Time Travel!). And that Scott and Logan's issues have often come across as BST - Belligerent Sexual Tension.

But even that is at best subtext that mostly wasn't intended at the time, and it has never quite added up the way those things have with Bobby- no writer has ever claimed to have written Schism as fallout between jilted lovers, for example.
    Scott and Logan have been competitive and I don't see anything like BST or whatever the hell it is a cue for. I don't buy that each of them being or having been with a telepath , there is no hint of bisexuality by Jean's observation or thought gleaning from either of them..I haven't read that Evil Jean issue but then I don't expect anything less from an evil version of Jean so I'd take that with a pinch of salt.
    Last edited by Rev9; 01-22-2022 at 04:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I choose to embrace queer joy -- regardless of the ambiguity.

They're aaaaaaaaaaall fucking. Some in pairs. Some in groups. Some telepathically. And until the characters expressly state otherwise, without any wiggle room for interpretation, so shall they remain in my mind.
    Jean and Logan? Definitely
    Jean and Scott? For sure.
    Jean and Scott and Logan? I refused to accept they aren't.
    Emma and Scott? I believe it. But I also believe she is NOT interested in joining the Summers House Cluster.

Everyone is queer until proven otherwise because I enjoy it more that way. Heterosexuality has been the default for AGES. Krakoa is the queer age. QUEERKOA!
    This is where I am at. I understand everyone's need for clarification, but this is as best as we'll get on big IPs.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I choose to embrace queer joy -- regardless of the ambiguity.

They're aaaaaaaaaaall fucking. Some in pairs. Some in groups. Some telepathically. And until the characters expressly state otherwise, without any wiggle room for interpretation, so shall they remain in my mind.
    Jean and Logan? Definitely
    Jean and Scott? For sure.
    Jean and Scott and Logan? I refused to accept they aren't.
    Emma and Scott? I believe it. But I also believe she is NOT interested in joining the Summers House Cluster.

Everyone is queer until proven otherwise because I enjoy it more that way. Heterosexuality has been the default for AGES. Krakoa is the queer age. QUEERKOA!
    AMEN! Best post of 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    I think we've seen Scott flirt with Logan more than with Emma in the Krakoa era.
    Almost spilled my coffee (with milk) LOL

In my work there is a square love triangle and it is much more exciting than the bait on x-books. Really waiting on next chapter. It could have been a Pentagon but...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I do pay attention ,definitely , to me you can see that that writing was very crafty but I read that Logan's 'Who can say no to that' was about Jean in a bikini because it was Logan's initial train of thought, when he heard Scott talk about the speedo he just said 'heh' , in the context it seemed like he took it as a joke hence the little laugh but he wasn't following Scott's interjection , he was following his own Jean in a bikini train of thought. Also in hindsight with the benefit of Xforce issues we know Logan is an avid surfer so his mind may be thinking of a surfing challenge with Scott. Either way it didn't strike me as gay even during the initial reading because that very issue had people talking about hair suggesting something when in fact it was either a simple bro tip or if there was anything suggestive it was about Jean's hair that kept each of them warm if they did share her and the obvious hint was it is never in a three way but piecemeal
    I thought it was a joke. It can be take as queerbait too, as many people are buying the joke.
    I think we are too late to consider queerbait as some representation.There is full on tet representation winning mainstream awards like Pose and Euphoria.

Scott and Logan have been competitive and I don't see anything like BST or whatever the hell it is a cue for. I don't buy that each of them being or having been with a telepath , there is no hint of bisexuality by Jean's observation or thought gleaning from either of them..I haven't read that Evil Jean issue but then I don't expect anything less from an evil version of Jean so I'd take that with a pinch of salt.
    I think it is funny how fanfic changes the way people read things. Usually people not liking each other is just that. But fanfics and shipping transform any tension into sexual tension.
    I think it always made sense to Scott and Logan to be on opposite side and have some problems, they are clearly polar opposites.
    Last edited by Writerblog; 01-22-2022 at 09:52 AM.

Ultimate Member

The problem with that assumption is there's historical precedent for Jean -Logan, Jean-Scott, Emma-Scott ,but none for Logan-Scott. Even with this status quo the earth is not suddenly flat in my world.
    Eh, there's not much precedent for Krakoa being able to poop out teleporters or Goldballs 'gold balls' being organic spheres or Moira being a mutant or Empath being a blonde, but here we are.

Just one of many, many changes to what we've 'known to be true' in the past that makes this era different.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Eh, there's not much precedent for Krakoa being able to poop out teleporters or Goldballs 'gold balls' being organic spheres or Moira being a mutant or Empath being a blonde, but here we are.

Just one of many, many changes to what we've 'known to be true' in the past that makes this era different.
    Those are fringe characters, no surprise here

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

I don't even know if the goldballs being an egg is that much of a retcon or if at all, because it's not like anyone ever actually studied those things before. Ditto Krakoa being able to do that stuff, is just nobody had explored it's capacities before.

Also, couldn't Empath just, you know, dye his hair?

Empath being blonde is easy, he just dying his hair now. The rest are just retcons

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    I don't even know if the goldballs being an egg is that much of a retcon or if at all, because it's not like anyone ever actually studied those things before. Ditto Krakoa being able to do that stuff, is just nobody had explored it's capacities before.

Also, couldn't Empath just, you know, dye his hair?
    He could, but it might take a little extra effort to bleach his skin and dye his brown eyes blue.

(That said, Krakoan resurrection, he could come back a black woman next time!)

Being contrary, I wanted Goldballs to just expand upon and develop his power and create bigger and harder balls, and be able to poit them out at speed, or by the hundreds, so fire them like a spray of bullets or larger singular cannonballs, or surround himself with a giant one as a defense, or create a ginormous one to roll down a hill at enemies like something out of Indiana Jones.

The notion that this 'silly, useless' power could turn out to be kind of awesome and effective, amused me. (Because I am exactly that MF always trying to roller-skate uphill.)

I suppose even post retcon into organic protein stuff, it could be practically useful even skipping a resurrection-thing, in that they might be *edible,* in which case he might be able to feed thousands, depending on how many he can create, how nutritious they are, etc.

Alternately, for either version, he was shown in the past sort of popping them out of his body, but perhaps he could train to manifest them at range, say, appearing around someone's foot, or gun-hand, or even head or entire body? Even an organic one made of muscle and possibly bone is going to be hard to break free from, and one of the metallic-looking ones, much more so!

He could, but it might take a little extra effort to bleach his skin and dye his brown eyes blue.

Being contrary, I wanted Goldballs to just expand upon and develop his power and create bigger and harder balls, and be able to poit them out at speed, or by the hundreds, so fire them like a spray of bullets or larger singular cannonballs, or surround himself with a giant one as a defense, or create a ginormous one to roll down a hill at enemies like something out of Indiana Jones.

The notion that this 'silly, useless' power could turn out to be kind of awesome and effective, amused me. (Because I am exactly that MF always trying to roller-skate uphill.)

I suppose even post retcon into organic protein stuff, it could be practically useful even skipping a resurrection-thing, in that they might be *edible,* in which case he might be able to feed thousands, depending on how many he can create, how nutritious they are, etc.

Alternately, for either version, he was shown in the past sort of popping them out of his body, but perhaps he could train to manifest them at range, say, appearing around someone's foot, or gun-hand, or even head or entire body? Even an organic one made of muscle and possibly bone is going to be hard to break free from, and one of the metallic-looking ones, much more so!
    The only other use I can think of for Goldballs powers is if be goes to work with Masque in Emma's hospital with premature babies. And they use the Goldball as a medium to help the baby grow outside the womb.

...you made me realize that the whole mutantdom is slowly movign toward becoming Gallifrey...