Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Gotham Girl Returns in Detective Comics #1059

Gotham Girl was one of several young, new heroes introduced with much fanfare in 2016, but since then she's had a rough road. Now she's back on her own two feet, and starring in her own three-part story beginning in April's Detective Comics #1059.

The three-pack backup serial 'Gotham Girl: Interrupted' will be written by Sina Grace, with art from David Lapham and colorist Trish Mulvihill.

"Claire Clover's reintegration into society after an extended stay at Arkham is thrown a curveball by way of a gossip site using her Gotham Girl moniker to air the city's dirty laundry," Grace tells Newsarama. "Gotham Girl has to keep it together long enough to find out who's running the site while fending off half of Gotham City's criminal underworld, all while maintaining appearances as a normal high school girl that Batman need not worry about."

The title, 'Gotham Girl: Interrupted,' is taken from the 1993 memoir Girl, Interrupted by Susanna Kaysen. The book chronicles her experiences as a young woman in the psychiatric hospital system after being diagnosed with borderline personality disorder. You might know it best for the 1999 film adaptation starring Winona Ryder and Angelina Jolie.

It's nice to see someone other than Tom King write her. The plot sounds like a combination of Gossip Girl, Batman and Girl Interrupted. I'm a bit wary but will still check it out, DC needs more chick lits.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

It's the backup story fyi.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Mighty Member

I'm surprised to see her again, I reading already Detective Comics so guess I'll check it out.

A Kryptonian operating in Gotham? How're they going to make her not involved with any of the events? Anyways, hehe, nice.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    It's the backup story fyi.
    Yep, 3-part back up story starting in 1059.

Wow, she's certainly...changed. Even more than she did in King's run.

y'all don't know how excited I am for Gotham Girl's return.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Meh. I liked her for King's run but not every character needs to be revisited.

Not sure Gotham needs a Supergirl. Or worse, Sentry.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Meh. I liked her for King's run but not every character needs to be revisited.

Not sure Gotham needs a Supergirl. Or worse, Sentry.
    Seems like she's becoming a little more Sentry than Supergirl...with a dose of Big Sister with that monitoring room.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    A Kryptonian operating in Gotham? How're they going to make her not involved with any of the events? Anyways, hehe, nice.
    I didn't think she was a Kryptonian . . .

I like the twiggy inspired redesign
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    y'all don't know how excited I am for Gotham Girl's return.
    Did they ever give her relationship with Duke closure? I lost track of it.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    There was really no relationship with Duke to give closure too outside that fast-forward narration's implication.

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    I like the twiggy inspired redesign

I don't think it really needs closure, it always read pretty one sided. Duke never really showed any romantic affinity for her and other than the flash forward/narration (which was from Gotham Girl's mentally unstable perspective) the idea of that relationship was pretty nonexistent for the rest of King's time on Batman even when Claire returned.

personally, I'm happy to let that one fall by the wayside. honestly I would rather Duke stay with Izzy or end up with either Cassandra Cain or Naomi McDuffie (no Duke and Naomi haven't crossed paths yet but I like the idea of that pairing).
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Probably keep her on the day shift with Duke.