Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default So.....The Death of the Justice League....

.....What kind of repercussions will that have on Diana’s book?
    (We know she’s not the one coming back!).

The GL writer didn't even know this was happening until the announcement yesterday. You could look at that one of two ways; one, its not going to impact that book's stories so there was no need to tell him, but it may impact others. Or, this is going to affect everything and there's going to be a near line-wide creative shuffle taking place, and they just didn't bother to let all the monthly creative teams know. Honestly, with the way DC has operated for a long time now, the second option seems quite plausible. But, either way, I do think that yes it will affect Wonder Woman. Particularly because of the news that Wonder Girl was canceled. Paired with this new announcement, it would make a lot of sense if Yara's book was canceled because she's taking over WW.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-20-2022 at 03:53 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SilverScarlet View Post
    .....What kind of repercussions will that have on Diana’s book?
    (We know she’s not the one coming back!).
    Who will be the one coming back, does anybody have an idea?

BVatman? Superman? Obviously not WW since her mission is to be treated like garbage by DC.

Hopefully none and it'll be contained solely to the Justice League comic(s).

If it does affect Wonder Woman, it probably means Yara's going to take center stage for however long this idiotic stunt lasts.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Who will be the one coming back, does anybody have an idea?

BVatman? Superman? Obviously not WW since her mission is to be treated like garbage by DC.
    Well, the Jurgens variant cover shows coffins for Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Green Lantern (Jon Stewart). One of them may be a red herring, but I doubt it.
    Zatanna is one of their premiere mystical forces, so I would think they would want her off the board for a number of reasons.
    That leaves Green Arrow, Black Canary, Martian Manhunter and Hawkgirl. Given Kendra’s temper and tendency to rush in to things, she may be the first to fall.
    As the weakest member on the team, it would be kind of convoluted for Ollie to survive. Plus, picture the scene if he and Dinah dying in each other’s arms!
    J’onn makes the most sense, though a revenge-driven, grief-stricken Dinah could also be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    The GL writer didn't even know this was happening until the announcement yesterday. You could look at that one of two ways; one, its not going to impact that book's stories so there was no need to tell him, but it may impact others. Or, this is going to affect everything and there's going to be a near line-wide creative shuffle taking place, and they just didn't bother to let all the monthly creative teams know. Honestly, with the way DC has operated for a long time now, the second option seems quite plausible. But, either way, I do think that yes it will affect Wonder Woman. Particularly because of the news that Wonder Girl was canceled. Paired with this new announcement, it would make a lot of sense if Yara's book was canceled because she's taking over WW.

It really makes no sense to launch books like Deathstroke Inc. and Aquamen if it is going to be a line wide event.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SilverScarlet View Post
    Well, the Jurgens variant cover shows coffins for Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Green Lantern (Jon Stewart). One of them may be a red herring, but I doubt it.
    Zatanna is one of their premiere mystical forces, so I would think they would want her off the board for a number of reasons.
    That leaves Green Arrow, Black Canary, Martian Manhunter and Hawkgirl. Given Kendra’s temper and tendency to rush in to things, she may be the first to fall.
    As the weakest member on the team, it would be kind of convoluted for Ollie to survive. Plus, picture the scene if he and Dinah dying in each other’s arms!
    J’onn makes the most sense, though a revenge-driven, grief-stricken Dinah could also be cool.
    I just hope Diana never comes back. I have said it once, twice and will say it till the end of time. DC treats WW like trash. So it's time to just let her retire. Place yara as the replacement and let the new girl be the jobber and punching bag to raise the morality of other characters for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post

If it does affect Wonder Woman, it probably means Yara's going to take center stage for however long this idiotic stunt lasts.

I like Yara, but not enough to see her be a permanent replacement for Diana.
    And I would definitely want to see why the WW mantle went to her, vs. Donna or even Cassie!

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    That wouldn't go well at all. There seems to be a faction of Wonder Woman fans who don't like Yara at worst, or are indifferent to her at best. Being force fed Wonder Girl without a Diana fix will make them rise up and go bananas just on general principle, no matter how good Yara Flor may be in the role.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post

Hoping you’re on point about this being self contained, or I’ll just end up dropping a bunch of books until the actual characters I read them for come back.

And yeah it’s an idiotic stunt.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Hoping you’re on point about this being self contained, or I’ll just end up dropping a bunch of books until the actual characters I read them for come back.

And yeah it’s an idiotic stunt.
    If they wish for me to ever get back on board with buying Wonder Woman comics, then having a replacement is the surest way I will keep my money in my wallet.

Yara is really bland for me, and that is based on the future state graphic novel I purchased, so I have read at least 2 issues of her (I think it was 2).

We’re going to get Wonder Woman in the Godosphere: The Sequel. The return of Siggy and Ratatosk, except this time Diana will be leading the whole Justice League in a Tolkien-esque adventure of the heavenly and otherworldly realms, where each Leaguer will get a new love interest/companion and a new companion/animal deity all their own.

Lol.

Diana after dying and waking up in Valhalla:: Again?!

I'm assuming that the 'Death of the Justice League' thing will be a standalone story in it's own bubble and won't affect the solos. Hopefully. So fingers crossed.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Diana after dying and waking up in Valhalla:: Again?!

I'm assuming that the 'Death of the Justice League' thing will be a standalone story in it's own bubble and won't affect the solos. Hopefully. So fingers crossed.
    Maybe she will do a better job and not die all the time like she did in the first arc of Cloonrad

I bet it'll affect the solos after the current arcs of those monthlies wrap up. They can always just say that the events of the solos take place slightly before the events of JL #75. I don't see any chance that its completely stand-alone and for all intents and purposes out of continuity. This has all the makings of one the beginning of the next major event, likely a Crisis. More likely it resonates everywhere, the other monthlies just able to wrap up what's being told on their end in the meantime.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-21-2022 at 12:38 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El