View Poll Results: Who should have been the Wonder Woman that fought in WWII with the JSA?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Diana

14 56.00%
  • Hippolyta

7 28.00%
  • Some other Amazon (specifics would be appreciated)

4 16.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Who should be the Wonder Woman of WWII?

Like it says. Hippolyta? Diana? Some other Amazon (specifics would be appreciated)? Let's debate!

None since Wonder Woman debuts in whatever the modern age is.

None.

Diana should be the first Amazon to leave Themyscira in centuries, and Wonder Woman shouldn't be in any World War.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I like the Amazons having someone leave every now and then. Id probably choose a different Amazon but they dont go by the WW moniker, thats something that Diana is named and makes famous.

Diana, shes dies sometime after then reincarnated into the modern age

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I'm fine with it being Diana IF she goes into retirement immediately after and only re-emerges once the modern heroes show up. This also opens the door to getting the Perez origin for Donna with Diana operating in secret in the in between years.
    Assassinate Putin!

Time-traveling Diana (kinda like Hippolyta in Byrne's run).

Nobody, if it can be avoided. But if it can't than have her be a random Amazon.

TBH, I'm pretty over Wonder Woman and WWII in comics.

The real-world impact of her character a that time is far more interesting than watcher her pull a Nazi out of a panzer for the millionth time in a comic, since that's about as comfortable as writers are when it comes to exploring Wonder Woman in WWII in the DC universe. At least if she was a random Amazon, maybe DC would be more willing to explore the nitty-gritty of Wonder Woman in WWII.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Another Amazon who didn't return after she left but Diana or Hippolyta works too.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Diana on Earth-2.

Nobody on the main Earth, at least not as Wonder Woman. Other Amazons can leave the island for covert missions before Diana becomes WW though.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Diana is my first choice but Hippolyta did pretty well during her tenure as well.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Based on the film and the amazing Lynda Carter, I’d give Asteria a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Diana on Earth-2.

Nobody on the main Earth, at least not as Wonder Woman. Other Amazons can leave the island for covert missions before Diana becomes WW though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Diana is my first choice but Hippolyta did pretty well during her tenure as well.
    I'm also of the opinion that any Wonder Woman operating during WWII should preferably be Diana on another Earth, though the John Byrne retcon of Hippolyta travelling back to the WWII era was strange but enjoyable.

Hippolyta. No time travel bs and she wasn't known as WW at the time.

Or alternatively, a time traveling Diana, who was sent back to her own time after completing whatever mission brought her to WW2 hence why she wasn't able to enact society wide change after the war.

If it's Diana's story set during WW2, I would rather it be an AU like Bombshells where the war unfolds differently.

Extraordinary Member

Diana, Bruce, and Clark should be the first generation of Superheroes. If Clark and Bruce debut in WWII, then so should Diana. If they don't, there should be no Wonder Woman in WWII