Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Default Has things really improved?

I wouldb like for us to have a place to talk about it.

Since didio era ended. A new editor came along, an event for Wondy was announced etc. It looked like the future was going to be better. But i didn't hold my breath just in case, and sadly it looks like nothing has changed.

In the past few years. We have seen:

Diana muerded in Dceased. Murdered in the main continuity, jobbed out in DC vs vampires, where her iconic lasso was also thrown under the bus like a piece of garbage.

Mutilated, mind controlled and then Killed in Apokolips War.

Jobbed out in JL movie both versions.

Her terrible portrayal as a bitch and a jobber in injustice. comics, games and the movie.

We shouldn't expect anything good from suicide squad game either based on the trackrecord.

Looks like Cheetah is yet again being treated as a basic villain. She is not going to be a powerhouse in the upcoming catwoman movie. So it will mark the third time that catwoman has made Cheetah look like trash. So muchg for a girl tha is supposed to have gidly powers. Getting humiliated by bat family is her consistent treatment from DC.

And now the JL is going to die. We can be sure that she ain't coming back. yara book is cancelled. Most other WW titles will be cancelled and it looks everything is happing so Yara can take the mantle of Diana in her own title. Which would make trial of the amazons, not a WW event but a Yara show.

So can we really say that much has changed for the better in Wonder Land? In my opinion, DC keeps treating WW like trash. But what do you guys think? Share your opinion here.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    I wouldb like for us to have a place to talk about it.

Since didio era ended. A new editor came along, an event for Wondy was announced etc. It looked like the future was going to be better. But i didn't hold my breath just in case, and sadly it looks like nothing has changed.

In the past few years. We have seen:

Diana muerded in Dceased. Murdered in the main continuity, jobbed out in DC vs vampires, where her iconic lasso was also thrown under the bus like a piece of garbage.

Mutilated, mind controlled and then Killed in Apokolips War.

Jobbed out in JL movie both versions.

Her terrible portrayal as a bitch and a jobber in injustice. comics, games and the movie.

We shouldn't expect anything good from suicide squad game either based on the trackrecord.

Looks like Cheetah is yet again being treated as a basic villain. She is not going to be a powerhouse in the upcoming catwoman movie. So it will mark the third time that catwoman has made Cheetah look like trash. So muchg for a girl tha is supposed to have gidly powers. Getting humiliated by bat family is her consistent treatment from DC.

And now the JL is going to die. We can be sure that she ain't coming back. yara book is cancelled. Most other WW titles will be cancelled and it looks everything is happing so Yara can take the mantle of Diana in her own title. Which would make trial of the amazons, not a WW event but a Yara show.

So can we really say that much has changed for the better in Wonder Land? In my opinion, DC keeps treating WW like trash. But what do you guys think? Share your opinion here.
    It almost doesn't matter, with Cheetah. It seems that Wonder Woman's villains and gods are always going to be treated, with contempt, by whoever is writing the other comics, ..because Wonder Woman, herself, is treated with such contempt, as compared to Batman and Superman.

There are actually DC Comics fans, who will swear Superman can straight-up beat Zeus, the mythopoetic embodiment of the Sky. Others are outraged that any Kryptonian, Supergirl or Krypto, should ever be shown, losing to Wonder Woman, in a fight. Under such consensus, how will her archy, the Cheetah, ever be respected?
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 01-20-2022 at 04:42 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    It almost doesn't matter, with Cheetah. It seems that Wonder Woman's villains and gods are always going to be treated, with contempt, by whoever is writing the other comics, ..because Wonder Woman, herself, is treated with such contempt, as compared to Batman and Superman.
    Which proves my point. WW is treaded like garbage and will continue to be treated like garbage. This doesn't seem to have an end in sight. So what are we as fans expecting? Becxause i see nothing to believe that things havce improved.